Author Topic: A view of RC from a current student  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Rcstudent

• View Profile
A view of RC from a current student
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »
Hello fornits forum,
I have been at ridge creek school since late December and it has been a troubling expierance. After a few months of being there I found this forum and read of all of the events that I witness firsthand. Since I have been there I have been assaulted a handful of times, witnessed the riot that happened this year, and seen RC "use up" a handful of staff in a short period of time. I am able to write this because I am on a break and want to share what has happened inside RC.

In the case where the boy was beaten by four other students I was in the room when it happened but did not participate. After the beating there were no repercussions or safety measures taken to see that nothing like that would happen again. I was afraid for my well being while in the dorm. Alex dessak, amit Singh, alex cherna were involved in the beating and all had a violent history. I was continually threatened by everyone of them and assaulted by Alex cherna and ambit Singh on separate occasions.

We go through staff at a crazy rate. I remember the day Keath bishop came and it brought in a period of time where everyone was hopeful that things would be better. He gained support from the student body by making promises that he never held and by ordering pizza to cover up his inactivity. After our April break Keith didn't show up for about two weeks and we were told he was on vacation and then the lie evolved into he was on "administrative leave". Keith never came back and no one has spoken of him since.

Very recently we had  some students develop a gang mentality inside the dorm.    After being violent and intimidating for a long period of time the gang began to plan "jumping" people. During a forced period of physical activity the student that was the leader of the "gang" started a violent gang of tackle football which the staff did nothing to stop. My friend was violently tackled and hurt. After he was tackled he shouted at the student that tackled him and he needed to be restrained by staff and students so that he would not assault my friend. That night the boy that tackled my friend came into my room with another student and beat my friend up while the other student held down our other friend so that he wouldn't intervene. My friend was severly beaten and his face was messed up. After this the school did close to nothing to avoid another incident. By the actions of the parents of the victim charges were pressed and the following day the two students that assaulted my room mate were arrested. The staff did nothing to prevent any of this and they were warned constantly .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: A view of RC from a current student
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
Quote from: "Rcstudent"
Hello fornits forum,
I have been at ridge creek school since late December and it has been a troubling expierance. After a few months of being there I found this forum and read of all of the events that I witness firsthand. Since I have been there I have been assaulted a handful of times, witnessed the riot that happened this year, and seen RC "use up" a handful of staff in a short period of time. I am able to write this because I am on a break and want to share what has happened inside RC.

In the case where the boy was beaten by four other students I was in the room when it happened but did not participate. After the beating there were no repercussions or safety measures taken to see that nothing like that would happen again. I was afraid for my well being while in the dorm. Alex dessak, amit Singh, alex cherna were involved in the beating and all had a violent history. I was continually threatened by everyone of them and assaulted by Alex cherna and ambit Singh on separate occasions.

We go through staff at a crazy rate. I remember the day Keath bishop came and it brought in a period of time where everyone was hopeful that things would be better. He gained support from the student body by making promises that he never held and by ordering pizza to cover up his inactivity. After our April break Keith didn't show up for about two weeks and we were told he was on vacation and then the lie evolved into he was on "administrative leave". Keith never came back and no one has spoken of him since.

Very recently we had  some students develop a gang mentality inside the dorm.    After being violent and intimidating for a long period of time the gang began to plan "jumping" people. During a forced period of physical activity the student that was the leader of the "gang" started a violent gang of tackle football which the staff did nothing to stop. My friend was violently tackled and hurt. After he was tackled he shouted at the student that tackled him and he needed to be restrained by staff and students so that he would not assault my friend. That night the boy that tackled my friend came into my room with another student and beat my friend up while the other student held down our other friend so that he wouldn't intervene. My friend was severly beaten and his face was messed up. After this the school did close to nothing to avoid another incident. By the actions of the parents of the victim charges were pressed and the following day the two students that assaulted my room mate were arrested. The staff did nothing to prevent any of this and they were warned constantly .
This (by now) chronic pattern of multiple violent incidents is very disturbing.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline kpfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »
As a parent who subjected my child to this school and the violence and unbelievable changing of staff that accompanied it, I feel very violated. I was promised several things that did not happen. The Weekly counseling session my child was to receive never happened. The weekly phone calls between me and the counselor never happened, the weekly or monthly outings they promised never happened. I pulled my child out early. Now RCS tells me I owe them money. I am planning on commencing litigation against them for the money I paid for counseling, etc. If anyone else would like to join in for a class action lawsuit, please let me know.
several children who were at the school were known to be violent and should never have been there....yet for some reason they were and were placed with and around my child. Very wrong!

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »
Quote from: "kpfire"
As a parent who subjected my child to this school and the violence and unbelievable changing of staff that accompanied it, I feel very violated. I was promised several things that did not happen. The Weekly counseling session my child was to receive never happened. The weekly phone calls between me and the counselor never happened, the weekly or monthly outings they promised never happened. I pulled my child out early. Now RCS tells me I owe them money. I am planning on commencing litigation against them for the money I paid for counseling, etc. If anyone else would like to join in for a class action lawsuit, please let me know.
several children who were at the school were known to be violent and should never have been there....yet for some reason they were and were placed with and around my child. Very wrong!

Some parents here were involved in a class action lawsuit against HLA/RCS/RC a few years ago.  Instead of sticking it out and trying to make positive changes they decided to take the money and run.  Most parents just want money and don't really care about helping the kids.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
Quote from: "Wh??ter"

Some parents here were involved in a class action lawsuit against HLA/RCS/RC a few years ago.  Instead of sticking it out and trying to make positive changes they decided to take the money and run.  Most parents just want money and don't really care about helping the kids.

Whooter - your ignorance is astounding. You make such foolish statements, but I would expect nothing less. The parents who were involved in the class action suit WERE interested in making positive changes; HLA/RC was NOT. They constantly lied to us and tried to cover things up and THEY were they ones who REFUSED to change. HOW DARE YOU MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT WAS DONE TO TRY TO EVOKE CHANGE???? YOU are the one who only cares about money and you don't give a crap about these kids except for the revenue stream they can provide to you and your cronies. Seriously - you are pathetic.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
Ha,Ha,Ha.  Take it easy, Guest3.  Must have hit a nerve there.

The class suit was settled for money, right?  The parents took the money, right?

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
You are woefully misinformed. No, not all parents took the money. But you would know that if you did your homework.

The parents who did "take" the money did so in order to reimburse themselves for expenses incurred while their children were at HLA/RC. Many of the parents who were involved in the lawsuit actually LOST money because they had pre-paid tuition and/or had a 3 month deposit at stake when they pulled their children out of there. The lawsuit wasn't about money - it never was - it was about exposing fraud. No one profited on that lawsuit - which is what you're trying to imply. Please get your facts straight.

Offline kpfire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:13:07 PM »
Haha! Pretty funny.... I really don't care if other parents sued RCS or not or if they took money or not. It was definitely their perogative and their right to receive what was due them back from RCS. RCS obviously did not learn anything about how to treat people from that lawsuit.... maybe next time....

I guess it is ok for RCS to take parent's money under false pretense...but not ok for the parents who do not agree and want their hard earned money back since they did not receive what they paid for?

.... it's not ok to steal.

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 03:34:47 PM »
Pretty ballzie of you, Rcstudent, to post this; but probably not too smart. If you returned to RCS after your break, I'm sure Bucchi's Goon Squad, which now apparently includes students as well as staff, has descended upon you. Hope you survive to post another report.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 03:48:47 PM »
Quote from: "DEE"
Pretty ballzie of you, Rcstudent, to post this; but probably not too smart. If you returned to RCS after your break, I'm sure Bucchi's Goon Squad, which now apparently includes students as well as staff, has descended upon you. Hope you survive to post another report.

Ha,Ha,Ha.  DEE, that is hilarious to say the least!  Now Bucci has a "goon squad" that murders kids?  Nobody is buying that here, sorry.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »
Haha! Pretty funny.... I really don't care if other parents sued RCS or not or if they took money or not. It was definitely their perogative and their right to receive what was due them back from RCS. RCS obviously did not learn anything about how to treat people from that lawsuit.... maybe next time....

I guess it is ok for RCS to take parent's money under false pretense...but not ok for the parents who do not agree and want their hard earned money back since they did not receive what they paid for?

Excellent point! It's also not okay to lie and defraud parents. But by Whooter's logic this is perfectly acceptable... but then again he does represent the industry.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"

Excellent point! It's also not okay to lie and defraud parents. But by Whooter's logic this is perfectly acceptable... but then again he does represent the industry.

Guest3, this is why you have no credibility.  DEE just posted that Bucci has a goon squad that murders kids and you said nothing.  You are biased so badly that you can't even bring yourself to point out obvious lies as long the lies further your agenda.  

Is DEE telling the truth about the murder squads?  I think we all know the answer to that. lol

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"

Guest3, this is why you have no credibility.  DEE just posted that Bucci has a goon squad that murders kids and you said nothing.  You are biased so badly that you can't even bring yourself to point out obvious lies as long the lies further your agenda.  

Is DEE telling the truth about the murder squads?  I think we all know the answer to that. lol

Whooter - you are the one who implied "murder", not DEE. I know what the goon squad is about because I've experienced it firsthand. Let's try reading a little more carefully next time.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
Quote from: "DEE"

Ha,Ha,Ha.  DEE, that is hilarious to say the least!  Now Bucci has a "goon squad" that murders kids?  Nobody is buying that here, sorry.

Read it again carefully Guest3.  "Hope you survive" implies that death is imminent.  This type of hyperbole is what makes you look so foolish.

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:06 PM »
You surprise me, Phooter. In addition to being an obnoxious bore, you're also quite stupid.

Definitions of "survive" pulled randomly from two dictionaries.
1. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere: families that were surviving in tents after the flood.
2. To remain functional or usable: I dropped the radio, but it survived.
v.tr.
1. To live longer than; outlive: She survived her husband by five years.
2. To live, persist, or remain usable through: plants that can survive frosts; a clock that survived a fall.
3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after: survived child abuse.