Author Topic: Shortridge Academy  (Read 3540 times)

Offline 20alfalfa

• View Profile
Shortridge Academy
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
Hey. I'm new on this site, but using its discussions along with heal-online.org's resources has allowed me to piece together what happens in places like these.

I'm wondering if anybody else on here has been to Shortridge and didn't go along with the program, much like I have been doing.

Also, is there any resources I can use not including my parents to leave? Or just for support, since there's not of that here? I'd use my friends, but I cannot contact them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"We really need to see this through
We never wanted  to be abused
We\'ll never give up, its no use
If we\'re fucked up you\'re to blame."
                                   The Anthem Pt. 2, Blink 182

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Shortridge Academy
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
You have two appendages attached to your left and right ankles. Using them in rapid succession is probably your best bet.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
Unfortunately your parents are probably the only way your going to get out of there. They need to stumble upon some information about your program that they will not like, and they need to learn about the troubled teen industry as a whole because regardless of the specific program you happen to be in they ALL employ unethical practices of behavior modification.

Look hun, all you can do right now is reach out... If you have the ability to talk about whats going on in your program (without censorship) please post it here. We might also be able to pull together enough related material to convince your parents to pull you.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
Tell your parents you aren't going to any god damn cult fucktard school. Google boarding schools, find one you like, and tell them which ones you will go to willingly if they are willing to pay for you to stay as far away from their crazy fucking asses.

Seriously, parents who can't use google and can't use common sense don't deserve their children.

Tell them their choices.. if they refuse to comply.. walk the fuck out.

Flipside of all of this.. if they do follow the terms of your program.. and they do agree to send you to a boarding school of your choice..

Behave like a god damn angel until you are 18.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
Quote from: "20alfalfa"
Hey. I'm new on this site, but using its discussions along with heal-online.org's resources has allowed me to piece together what happens in places like these.
There are a fair number of other informative sites as well, depending on the program. Let yer fingers do the walking...

Here's another webpage that you might be interested in, that's still relatively new: http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens/

Quote from: "20alfalfa"
Also, is there any resources I can use not including my parents to leave? Or just for support, since there's not of that here? I'd use my friends, but I cannot contact them.
Depending on your age, you may or may not want to look into emancipating yourself. This is a move that would require a fair amount of research and legwork on your part, not to mention committment. Some kids feel strongly enough about their situation to go this route.

You can also try contacting New Hampshire's Dept. of Social Services, especially if you know of any heinous abuses that go above and beyond the standard mindfuckery. Chances are, however, if they are anything at all like their nearby counterpart in Maine, this is a real long shot. Maine even gave Elan School a "clean bill of health" right up to the end, despite 40 long years of mind-numbing cruelty and sanctioned torment.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------