Author Topic: Wynonna Judd - fame before parenting  (Read 8771 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Wynonna Judd - fame before parenting
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
Just the latest known example of a member of the media industry shipping children off so they can enjoy their lifestyle on the fast track.

Wynonna Judd's Daughter Reportedly Went Missing For DAYS!, Perez Hilton

How absolutely terrifying! Thank goodness she's safe!

Wynonna Judd reportedly endured every parent's worst nightmare earlier this year when her 14-year-old daughter, Grace, went missing for days before finally being located by police!

According to Star Magazine, Grace was returning home from school, which she attends out of state, by plane, when she disappeared during a layover between flights!

The source explains:

"Grace was flying home but never made it. It's every parent's worst nightmare. Wynonna has had problems with Grace. But she never expected anything like this. Grace just disappeared as she was traveling by plane - with a stop - back home. [Authorities] They did a great job investigating the situation. Every second counts in this type of scenario and everyone involved knew it. Grace was missing for days. Every second was like agony for her family. Her plane had a stopover, and that's where she apparently got off and disappeared. In many ways, she's a pretty resourceful kid - but that didn't make anyone feel any better. The important thing is that law enforcement found her and she's okay. Wynonna was unbelievably upset, and now she wants to make sure nothing like this can ever happen again."

Wow.

Clearly, there's a whole lot more to this story than what's being reported on, but we have to agree that what's really important is that she was found safe and sound!

We cannot even begin to imagine how awful those days must have been though!

Here's hoping that whatever had been going on has been resolved and that Wynonna's family is healthy, happy, and safe together!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Wynonna Judd - fame before parenting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »
Man,look at that pic. of Wymamma! YIKES!
You just can't paint a pig and make it a merry-go-pound.
If she were my mother,(and imagine how spoiled rotten a lfe that would be) I'd run away too.
Just think what Mom's gonna' by here every time she "she comes home".
They must have known where she woud go.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
Quote from: "Perez Hilton"
According to Star Magazine, Grace was returning home from school, which she attends out of state, by plane, when she disappeared during a layover between flights!
Are we supposed to imply that Grace is attending a... "boarding school?"

:rofl:

Sounds like the kid doesn't much care for the program, and split on the first good opportunity she got!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »
So... Wynonna Judd got into a real bad car accident in Salt Lake City in mid July, 2010; it was a head-on collision. In the car with her were her daughter and her tour manager. The three were allegedly heading out to get sushi after one of Wynonna's concerts.

I believe all occupants of both cars are okay, but info on victims of this accident other than Wynonna is a bit sparse.

At some point, either around the same time or within the next two months, daughter Grace was sent to an "empowerment program." It's hard to tell whether that is program lingo or merely Wynonna's current pet phrase for all ventures deemed "self help." I kinda suspect the latter.

Fwiw, next on the tour roster was a venue out in Medford, Oregon.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
Was Wynonna's big brown beaver OK? I think she had it caged in a cyclone fence. :seg:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Country singer Wynonna survives 'major head-on accident'
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »
Here's an article from the Tahoe Daily Tribune, which came out the day after the accident:

Tahoe Daily Tribune
Country singer Wynonna survives 'major head-on accident'

Thursday, July 22, 2010
By Tim Parsons · Lake Tahoe Action

Wynonna Provided to the Tribune

Wynonna Judd, her daughter and her tour manager were hospitalized in Salt Lake City after being involved in a traffic accident, the country singer told Lake Tahoe Action.

"It's a miracle that I'm alive," said Wynonna, who is scheduled to perform tonight at the Jackson County Fair in Central Point, Ore., near Medford.

She was sore but in good humor Thursday morning.

"I was in a major head-on collision yesterday and they didn't want to let me out of the hospital, and I said 'Listen, I've got to go do a show.' And the guys were like, 'If anybody can Wynonna, it's you. You've shown us that you have quite the spunk.' I said, 'Listen, I've spent 10 years on a bus with my mother. If I can do that I can do anything.'"

Wynonna, her daughter and the tour manager left the hospital around midnight. She would not give details about injuries they sustained.

"I can't go into that," she said. "What I can tell you it was pretty dramatic but I'm OK. ... I know everybody wants to know details. I'm sure I'll talk about it on a talk show somewhere down the road. But for right now you're the only one who knows, which I don't mind. I'm just telling stories that one day you're on top of the world and the next day you're in the emergency room with a CAT scan and you think, 'Gosh, life is pretty precious and it's pretty fragile sometimes and it's a miracle that I survived this crash.'

"I'm not in grave danger or anything. It was pretty dramatic but I made it through. I'm really sore today but I'm really grateful to be alive and tonight's show will be spectacular because I'll be in a mood somewhere between being absolutely overjoyed that I'm OK and my daughter's OK to just kicking the enemy's butt and saying 'Yep, you didn't win today, buddy.'"

Wynonna's accident occurred the day after a concert in Salt Lake City. She was on her way to a sushi restaurant.

"It was quite a day, and I got on the bus at midnight and feeling pretty lousy, and I woke up this morning and I thought, 'Hmm, I think I'll do five interviews.' "

Wynonna performs July 31 in Truckee at the Lake Tahoe Music Festival.

© 2005 - 2011 Swift Communications, Inc.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Wynonna Judd sheds weight by 'meditative walking'
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
Less than two months later, Wynonna Judd appears on Oprah and reveals (emphasis added):

"I feel like I finally got it. I turned 45, went through a horrible divorce and I sent my daughter to an empowerment program ... and I lost my family and I gained myself because I was all alone with God. ... I was bitter and resentful. ... I was a walking time bomb."[/list]

From the blog Daily Dish on SFGate.com:

SFGate.com — Daily Dish

Wynonna Judd sheds weight by 'meditative walking'

Chris Connor / WENN

Country star Wynonna Judd has shed 60 pounds by "walking in the wilderness" and meditating.

The former heavyweight singer showed off her slim new look on Tuesday's "Oprah," and confessed she "went to hell and back" in an effort to get healthy.

She says, "In my darkest hour I had a choice to make -- I could be a victim or a victor - and I just started walking in the wilderness and screaming at God ... and I just kept walking and the next thing I know I like to walk, so I call it meditative walking versus 'I've gotta be in the Olympics'.

"I got some books, I went into a recovery program of just showing up and talking about everything from men to money to food, whatever."

The "Love Can Build a Bridge" singer adds, "I feel like I finally got it. I turned 45, went through a horrible divorce and I sent my daughter to an empowerment program ... and I lost my family and I gained myself because I was all alone with God. ... I was bitter and resentful. ... I was a walking time bomb.

"I'm in a really good place."

Judd admits she's finally learning to love her body: "I don't look in the mirror and go, 'You suck!' The other day a guy half my age asked me out and I said, 'I admire your courage. ...' Let's just put it this way, I'm on fire."

Published on: September 15 2010 at 02:13 PM
    Listed Under: Wynonna Judd

© 2011 Hearst Communications Inc.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
    She looks like she's made out of spare parts,that don't quite fit.

Wymamma?
    ?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »
    Look at what they start with.[attachment=0:34846vsa]wynonna-judd.jpg[/attachment:34846vsa]
    ?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    "empowerment program at a boarding school"
    « Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
    Maybe five to six weeks after the above noted appearance on Oprah, Wynonna Judd did a phone interview with Rosie O'Donnell. Here's a segment from a recap of that interview last October, as interpreted by blogger Kelly Weist... From the entry titled "10-21-10 - Facebook, Sisterwives and an Interview with Wynonna! on the Rosie Radio Recap blog, emphasis added:

WYNONNA JUDD

Rosie then introduced Wynonna Judd who was on the telephone to be interviewed.  Rosie told Wynonna she was fantastic on Oprah. She complimented her on being so honest and so truthful on the show. Wynonna and Rosie haven't seen each other in a while so they did some catching up on the kids and what they were up to.  Wynonna said her family has been doing a lot of healing recovering work as a family and she said they're a work in progress. Wynonna said she has a good relationship with her son who will be 16 soon and her daughter who is 14. She said if you know 10% of what your kids are up to you're ahead of the curve.  Wynonna's daughter is attending an empowerment program at a boarding school to help teach her she doesn't have to be the 4th Judd in order to be somebody. Her daughter is doing really well and they have great communication between the two of them. Deciding to send her daughter to boarding school was a difficult decision for Wynonna but she said it was something she needed. She said her daughter was going through a lot of issues with entitlement being raised with privilege.  Wynonna talked about the difficulties of raising her children while she was out on the road and how what her daughter really needed was structure and for her to be home with her. But today she's with a fabulous group of girls at a really great place. Rosie asked Wynonna how she found the school and she told her she found it through a child advocacy program that matches the right school with the parents and the kids. Rosie hoped that she and Wynonna could catch up again soon because she said they have a lot of the same issues going on in their lives.

Rosie asked Wynonna how things are going with her mom. Wynonna said they're in a great place. She said they just finished two serious months of press together and they've set up great boundaries with each other. She can now listen to her and disagree with her without it turning into a fight. She said it's interesting to step back into the limelight with her mom again.

Wynonna shared with Rosie her near-death experiences. Firstly, she almost died giving birth to her daughter Grace. Then she had to have a muscle wall repair surgery and she developed a blood clot in her lung. The blood clot had gone through her heart into her lungs but her lungs held on to it and didn't shoot it back through her heart or she would have died. Then she was in a head-on collision. A man fell asleep at the wheel and hit her head-on going 100 miles an hour.  Because the car rental place had upgraded her to an SUV that is the reason she is still here.

Wynonna and Rosie chatted about having teenagers when you have money.  Wynonna likes to tell her kids that she's rich and they're poor and they work for her. Rosie tells her children the same thing. Rosie and Wynonna made plans to chat off the air as Rosie thanked her for the interview. You can find out more information on Wynonna's tour at http://www.thejuddstour2010.com/.[/list][/size]