Author Topic: 60 Minutes video  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
60 Minutes video
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
I'm desperately trying to find the 60 Minutes video that was taken at Straight St. Pete when I was there.  I keep seeing snippets of it in other vids (NBC and others), but not the original 60 Minutes one.   Beth Polson was the producer....she later produced his "movie", Not My Kid.

If ANYONE has a copy of the actual 60 Minutes video, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me!!!!

I saw it referenced by RTP:

Quote from: "RTP2003"
This is an excerpt from a letter by a Straight-supporting parent to the president of CBS complaining about the depiction of Straight on the investigative journalism program, 60 Minutes: (italics are added for emphasis)

"The child not only
gets the opportunity to get its life back, but also the child gets its family
back"

Note that the parent does not use the adjective "their" when referring to the horrible druggie beast hellspawn, but instead uses the term "it" when referring to children that have been placed in Straight.  To me, this may be a Freudian slip, one that is indicative of the objectification of their own children that Straight parents demonstrated, time and time again.

A very telling insight into the mind set of the program supporter can be gleaned from this one sentence, and the adjective twice used to describe the abuse victim in question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Re: 60 Minutes video
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
If you know about when it was produced you might try contacting 60 minutes and asking if they can get you a copy. It would cost a little bit but they might do it. I once got a video from Inside edition this way. On the other hand, I had no success with Fox in trying to get a copy of the 3 part expose' they did on wwasp. Never heard back at all. But as I said - I did get the inside edition tape by asking for it. Worth a try.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
A couple of people tried that and they claim to have no copy of it.  Weird, huh?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
Does anybody know the original broadcast date?
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

dragonfly

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »

Offline marg1978h

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »
I have a copy of it
You may contact me at [email protected]