Author Topic: Who Insured Straight INC?  (Read 2290 times)

dragonfly

Who Insured Straight INC?
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Re: Who Insured Straight INC?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »
Insurance was liable for the judgements against Father Cassian's New Jersey Nightmare.  AARC dropped the name Kids, and the insurance. It makes them less vulnerable to lawsuits.  A lawyer knows she'll get paid if there is insurance, but it's a gamble to pursue the assets of an unlicensed B-mod facility in enforcing a judgement.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
After paying for Miller Newton's antics.......Ill bet they think twice before insuring anything remotely like that again.
I wonder if his PRESENT insurance knows of his past hijinks.......hmmm :nods:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline marg1978

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
Don't Know but i do know that ALL his creditors in his bankruptcy hearing know not only about his past but his false claims to bankruptcy court which made him go back to bankruptcy court.

Love
Richard and Margaret

Offline psychogina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
I went through the records my Dad gave me that he had saved from my time there relating to a benign tumor removal but I cant find the court papers from where Champus sued me for their money back because Straight didnt have licenssed professionals on staff. My Dad is looking for his folder.
 :beat:

Offline marg1978h

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
VERY COOL. Within the next few days there will be a site up where all the documents are stored. This is done for easy access to survivors, parents, media and an attorney that has a reputation for closing these places.
We all appreciate any and all documents sent to us or posted there. Please understand that before access is granted to documents the survivors must be recommended by someone this is to keep the enemy from viewing certain parts of the site. We hope you all don't take it personallly.
All suggestions are welcome as well,
The link to be posted soon,

Marg1978
Captain M

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »
As far as I know, in the beginning in St. Petersburg all the program had to do was come up with a "Surety Bond" which was nothing more than money set aside in a court appointed account.  No doubt the money came from the very grant that was given to "operate" the program.  As the group grew in size, no doubt the bond requirements grew as well.  As long as they had enough money set aside to please the courts regarding liability, Straight could do any damn thing it pleased.  Also, in the beginning, the building space was donated by benefactors who used it as a tax write off.  All the officers of Straight had to do to cover their asses was to simply pay RENTERS INSURANCE, which is cheap as hell and covers a hell of a lot.  For example, in the here and now, MY renters insurance is $105 a year and I am covered for 250 thousand dollars liability for whatever outlandishly freak occurance that could befall any gold digging dumbass within the confines of my simple one bedroom apartment.

There are a lot of businesses that operate this way.  Rather than pay premiums that you will never ever see again, a business that is profitable enough simply has to make a binding statement to the courts that they have sufficient funds set aside to cover any losses or liabilities.  Of course they could lose their ass, but the bigger the company, the smaller the risk and the greater the savings.

For instance, a guy I knew when I drove for the St. Petersburg Times had a garbage truck pull out in front of him at 55mph.  Times had a surety bond, the shit took 23 months before a court date.  He lost his house, had to learn how to walk all over again, and will never be the same because he had to live on Workman's Comp instead of reaching a quick settlement that INSURANCE would have provided.  All the while, St. Pete Times had the mangled truck tucked away behind a building and covered with tarps for 2 years awaiting litigation.  We were threatened with termination after I showed the wreck to a buddy who took a picture with his cell phone.  A supervisor called us to the office, made him hand over his phone, and then proceeded to erase his entire SD card.  Welcome to America, now get in line for your 3 gulps of water at the fountain!
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?