Author Topic: Elan School Reddit Thread  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Elan School Reddit Thread
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:54:43 AM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/g ... _the_elan/

Lot of threads like this sort of thing pop up on reddit. Found this one and thought I'd share it with yall. Article also on the sunjournal

http://www.sunjournal.com/city/story/1004724

Nice to see some sane members of the collective getting some print time. Even more glad that hell hole is closed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Redditorsubmod

• View Profile
Re: Elan School Reddit Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
The Elan School Reddit Threat inspired an entire subreddit called troubledteens.  http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens/

Among other things, the troubledteens subreddit will help parents thinking about putting their kids in the troubled teen industry or legislators considering relevant legislation to find places such as fornits that provide them with all of the information that they need to consider.

It appears that the troubled teen industry hires companies to use reputation management techniques to keep stories containing negative information from appearing very high in search engine results. Maybe reddit can help with that.

Please consider using the troubledteen subreddit to link to fornits information.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
Reddit's karma system can get asshole posts buried pretty quickly. It's a good website to post on, I quite enjoy reading the IaMa forum and for giggles the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu forum.

Will look at your subreddit later on. Probably won't comment much as I try to keep the divergent parts of my world separate, but if I see something worth mentioning I'll make a sock and post.

Offline Redditorsubmod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Reddit's karma system can get asshole posts buried pretty quickly. It's a good website to post on, I quite enjoy reading the IaMa forum and for giggles the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu forum.

Will look at your subreddit later on. Probably won't comment much as I try to keep the divergent parts of my world separate, but if I see something worth mentioning I'll make a sock and post.

Unfortunately, Karma can be a bitch.

The primary purpose of this subreddit is to drive traffic from people that might not otherwise know about places like Fornits.com to fornits.com. Even in the short time that /r/troubledteens has existed, we have already had survivors send PMs thanking us for its existence.  They were just regular redditors that apparently hadn't thought about googling for other survivor groups. Imagine that.

One survivor asked for help in finding an attorney to help him/her sue their program. We sent them to fornits to find the name of attorneys who had sued programs. It would be nice if there was a registry of some kind for that.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
I've already stumbled across a couple three springs survivors on reddit. I'll pm you the name of a friend of mine who posts on reddit daily. If you have someone who needs questions answered he can pass them along to me on msn.  From there I'll direct them accordingly, as that is about all I'm willing to do these days. Up to you, no muss no fuss.