Author Topic: Third and final Documentary Shoot in Tallahasse  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Third and final Documentary Shoot in Tallahasse
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Whelp, I have made it home after the third and finall shoot, which took place in Tallahasse this past weekend, I just wanted to say I made it home, safely. I would like to thank Mike Sherman, Jessi Boyle for making the trip from St. Pete, to Dade City, and then from there to Tallahasse. I would also like to thank Mike Shermans wife,Rhonda, for being such a gracious host for allowing us into her home.

I would like to thank the countless FSU students who graciously took us, treated us with the utmost respect. Thank them for genuinely listening to us and exhibting the deepest empathy and understanding. Many of these folks, if not most blew off dead lines for thier final papers, their thesis's and all the other obligations they had facing them....just in order to be A PART of this monumental, historical event. Some students called students and other colleagues from accross the state who dropped everything and made it a  priority #1 to be involved with what was taking place. Thier enthusiasim and willingness to be of service was astounding.

Our voice, our plight has been heard, and has been recognised. We all owe tremendious amount of thanks to these young students who sacrificed sooo much.

There is soooo much to say right now. It is not unlike a 5 gallon bucket filled with silt. At first it was all very murky, and to  no small degree...it's still murky tween my own two ears. No amount of elaboration will make sense right now...The 'silt' in the 5 gallon bucket, if left alone, will eventually settle. At which point, the story could and will be better told.

Please give me the time to allow all this to settle. I will be more than happy to elaborate and give a full account of what took place and a blow by blow description.I know our community is excited and chomping at the bit for information as to what took place, how it was done, was it accurate, when is the final copy to be released, etc etc etc. Yes, no doubt.

At the moment, I have only been home less than12 hours. Please allow this to simmer down abit, and let my thoughts slow from frantic spinning to a cohesive line of thought. Once that occurs...and I expect that not to take to awfull long, and I will be more than happy to elaborate and to take any questions...if there are any.

Much Peace
Continued Healing
d/w
(X-Posted)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
Re: Third and final Documentary Shoot in Tallahasse
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
All that bucket talk sounds like one of them buckets of gold chloride I have waiting to be precipitated and how I eagerly anticipate melting that muddy brown gold precipitate into yellow shiny gold... I'm used to it. We'll leave the light on for you.  :cheers:

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
It was great to get to see you in person finally Woof. Same goes for Starry Eyed Pirate and Dragonfly.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye but the recreations filmed on Friday took more out of me than i thought at the time. I couldn't see myself watching another full day of it on saturday. The scene where they dragged the girl into the intake room for a confrontation was very realistic and it got lodged in my brain. It took a couple of days to shake it off. Hope you are doing well Woof, it was great but very emotionaly exhausting at the same time. when you get a chance shoot me an email with some of the pics you took. My wife would like to see what a real movie set looks like and i have a hard time explaining it all to her. Thanks.
Shag

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »
I had fun and an exhausting time as well.  More to come as I recover . . .

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »
A few photos of the event can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... cdd13745d0
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
I look forward to your sharing Sir Woofus! (umm...prod....prod...)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
The group shots looked kinda' small in the stills. What, maybe 20-30- kids? I thought Sembler packed the place like the seed. 300+ kids on a regular night. 400 when all the oldtimers would show up.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
This is true; more bodies would have made it that much more realistic.

dragonfly

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
The group shots looked kinda' small in the stills. What, maybe 20-30- kids? I thought Sembler packed the place like the seed. 300+ kids on a regular night. 400 when all the oldtimers would show up.

In Atlanta during the early/mid eighties we had a couple a hundred in group at any given time. Later on, I hear that the group numbers steadily shrank over the years. Lawsuits and controversy took their toll on recruitment, thank god!

As far as these group reenactments go. It looks to me like the numbers were there to make it as realistic as possible given the resources available. These folks that participated in this were really amazing great kids. I am sure the final product will be very very good.