Author Topic: 16 years ago today I was inducted into HELL!  (Read 10257 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
16 years ago today I was inducted into HELL!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »
I was reading your posts about guitars and they rang a bell. Oh, the memory of staff telling my parents I would have to part with my Gibson Les Paul due to the fact that it was a "druggie stash". Apparently I had played it once or a hundred times while high, before the program. There was a 7th stepper named Matt who bought this guitar from me. Anyway is this the same Matt? His last name started with an M. I was in Springfield on first phase in 1983.
More currently, there are a couple survivors and me who jam every other tuesday, let me know if you feel like doing something like that.
Thanks,
MG8 :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Mung

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »
http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories/20 ... ador.shtml ::rocker:: [ This Message was edited by: Mung on 2004-10-10 09:17 ]

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »
My guitar remained safe in the hands of one of my "druggie" friends (a 6'5" dood with a shaved head) thru-out my phases. My rents tried to snag it from him, but they didn't get it. He gave it back to me when I got out.  :grin:
It was a '72 SG with an ebony fingerboard. Sweet.

I live in Balto, I'm currently the guitar player (and occasional singer) of Captain Chesapeake. Me and Bill (MG8, the survivor above) have jammed a couple of times.  :tup: That mofo can come up with a RIFF! Back in 1985 when I was out of str8, I was in a band called Reptile House. We were kind of a big deal locally. Big fish in a small pond. we toured the US. We opened for the Dead Kennedys and the Butthole Surfers. The singer of that band became the singer of Lungfish, who I roadied for on their American tours.

Some Lungfish links:

http://www.southern.com/southern/band/LUNGF/

http://www.citypaper.com/2003-07-23/nocover.html

Offline rolmil

• View Profile
    • http://www.rolandmiller.info
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »
My name is Roland Miller, I was in a blue chair in Springfield VA, from 11-89 to 5-90. The only reason I made 2nd phase and was able to cop out was Glen Steepleton. He knew I was a guitarist. The night before I went home and never came back Glen pulled me into the carpeted room and asked me to show him how to play "wanted dead or alive" by Bon Jovi on his acoustic guitar, definitely not a regularly allowed activity for a newcomer. I've always suspected that he was the one who was responsible for me making 2nd phase, as there were major doubts in the group as to my honesty (the group was right). It sucks that he's gone, how sad. What are you gonna do?
...nine-to-nine-doin\' time...\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »
Cerin!
You were in the LIFE program in Osprey, Fl?
Did you remember Helen Peterman or anyone else?
I often wonder why there is not a Message Board for the LIFE program, don't you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 01:21:00 AM »
BRENT. JUST LOGGED ON AND SAW YOUR POSTING... I WAS IN THE SAME HELL FROM 85-88.  DONT REMEMBER THE NAMES YOU WROTE.. I HAD FRIEND, GEORGE HRUNENI WHO I WAS BEST MAN AT HIS WEDDING, LOST TOUCH WITH HIM AFTER HE ENLISTED.  DO YOU STILL TALK WITH ANYONE ELSE..

KIP M.

Offline scorpio

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »
I am so sorry for your aguish.  But I read what you said and I will remember it.  Find yourself and be good to the world.

You know what is right and wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »
Hi, I was in the osprey Life Program!!Oh yes i remember Mrs. Pete. She hated me so bad!! She kicked me out of there. And told my parents to send me to Mississippi The Bethel Childrens Home. It was bethel hell!!What year was you in the Life program? I believe i was there in part of 81 and 82. Please write me at [email protected]
                      Thank you,
                       Tammy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2003, 10:35:00 AM »
On 2003-08-22 17:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Cerin!

You were in the LIFE program in Osprey, Fl?

Did you remember Helen Peterman or anyone else?

I often wonder why there is not a Message Board for the LIFE program, don't you?"
Hi this isn't cerin, but i was in the life program in osprey. yes i remember mrs.pete
What year was you in there? i was in there i believe part of 81 nd 82. please email me at [email protected] thanks alot Tammy

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »
Hey Kip!

I remember your name. I still sometimes have a hard time remembering faces from there. That's actually kind of funny, because now I have no problem remembering faces and seem to forget names... go figure! I don't recognize the name George Hruneni though. I haven't talked with anyone for quite awhile on these boards. I guess my time in Hawaii has helped me to forget some of the things which happened to me during my life on the mainland. I used to talk to Matt Simmons and Chris Beckman, and would love to hear if there were more people out there from 5515 Backlick who remember doing time in Hell! I hope we can locate more survivors...

Aloha,
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
Resurrecting this post from the dead...

BUMP
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
Kip, get the fuck outta here this is George :wave: I take it this blog was about "Straight Inc" or other likewise scams for profit.  I live in Scottsdale, Arizona currently if you would like to message/communicate my email is [email protected]  Interesting to come across you in cyberspace.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
My name is George Hruneni and I was in $traight between '84-'87.  I also went to James Robinson High School.  Between the two I knew almost 1/2 dozen of these dead young people.  All who know, know that a tortured life/childhood of sometime was a pre-req.  To be exploited for profit and "Ronnie fuckin' Reagan" is abominable.  I happen to be surfing the web today when all of a sudden I come across all these sites regarding this issue, I'm trippin' out but not really surprised. ASAP when I got out turned 18 joined the Army never looked back to the DC area as I'm actually a Cali boy by birth.  I currently live in Scottsdale, Az. and email geezinbox@hotmail or yahoo.  I'm a vet and on disability and if I could would love to help further this cause.  Peace and Love to all  ::rainbow:: Sincerely, George

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »
You can't do shit here, mate. and a word to the wise - if you ARE a veteran of some military or w/e you know the deal. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Here on this forum you will only find people who are also on disability and you will find people who have not ever gotten beyond Straight, most of which have grown fat and can't work an honest days work at a Real job. If you say what they want you to say or do it the way they say then you'll make friends. Rest assured each and every person here will at some point ask you for personal information that is ONLY your choice to give. If you are wise you will not tell your real name or your information here b/c there are child abusers and those who would advocate Straight who do NOT wish you well. All real survivors and those abused at Straight Inc. been asked personal and private information that was used or extracted in some strange manner of pretend befriending. Watch what you say and what you write, and especially be careful of emails and private messages, protests where pictures are taken at nearby child abusers homes or museums and other, meetings and the like where you will be asked to write down your personal information showing that you had attended. Be careful as always.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
point taken.  I'm not pretentious got nothing to hide and otherwise don't give a fuck :smile: Peace