Author Topic: I am fairly new and have a few ?'s....  (Read 1495 times)

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
I am fairly new and have a few ?'s....
« on: December 01, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »
I just found this wonderful outlet a few weeks ago.  12-9 will be 14 years since my commencement from Straight, Dallas and I have been followed by nightmares, cold sweats, guilt, regret and plenty of sorrow for following onto staff - all the things I have read here the last few weeks. It has been a freeing and cleansing time for me to find out I am not crazy and did not dream that place up - to find validation that thousands of others feel and experience the things I still do.  I have read as much as I can to try to understand the different things happening here.  Is there a lawsuit pending against The Sembler's, DFFA or any of those other groups related to Straight?  If not, is such a thing even possible since Straight,Inc per say, is defunct?  I am not so interested in recovering funds as I am in exposing places that still subject kids to those methods....when I read that in some of the posts I just seethed - I had no idea and am curious as to what action, if any, I can participate in to help in the cause of getting them closed.  A few other questions - what is WASSP? (not sure about that spelling) PURE, who is Sue Scheff and Carey Bock and are they detrimental to people finding support here or what is the deal with them?  I know I have more ?'s but any answers to these would be great as I am still finding myself sometimes lost and trying to catch up and not being able to.  Basically I think a forum for support is an awesome healing tool for all of us survivors and legal action to get copycat programs is great too - I just cannot figure out where each of these fall in regards to this forum - maybe it is both (that is my hope) and I just have not been able to find the right posts to answer that question.  Thanks for any insight and my support and congratulations to all of us survivors.
-jennifer

[ This Message was edited by: jnloar on 2003-12-01 10:42 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »
Jennifer -

I was in Dallas right after you left, we probably know alot of the same people.  Feel free to e-mail me privately if you would like to chat...I am sure we have alot in common! (http://www.thestraights.com.  You can find just about all the answers known to anyone about the different programs, their predecessors, and their descendants.  Wes also keeps up on all the hot info about current events relating to lawsuits and the like.  I actually found Wes's site before I found this place, and I spent about a week reading through his online book and material.  There is alot out there to catch up on!  The only person I am aware of from Dallas who actually pursued any legal action was a girl named Sherri Slaughter.  Info about that is on Wes's site as well, you probably know her as she commenced right after I came in.

As for actual Dallas survivors, there are relatively few who post here consitently.  Some check in from time to time, but mostly I would say there are about 5-6 of us who post regularly.  I do keep in contact with several people outside of this forum whom you are most likely familiar with.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline glider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 02:58:00 AM »
Jennifer,
You were on staff my entire time I was in Dallas and I'm glad to have you here and to be in contact. I hope you find the answers you're looking for and find peace from the nightmare of Straight/Seed/SAFE
~John

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
Well Jen,

Basically you're fucked.  You should kill yourself and then hope god will take you in.
Just kidding !!!  Bad joke.  Sorry.
Sounds like PTSD to me.  You have come to the right place.  
I am wondering something however...
If you had not found this sight of persons from Straight Incorporated, and providing that you still actually knew some people who were very PRO Straight Incorporated - would you come to this sight and post and wait for comments.
Sinceriously, ...

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »
Animal,
I do not understand your post.  I do not know anyone PRO-Straight and yes, even if I did, I would have posted the same thing and wanted answers.  I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion - I am sure there are people who are still brain-washed by that place and my heart goes out to them but I know that when I found out that there are still "treatment" centers that operate using the same or similiar techniques to Straight that I want do what I can to help shut them down.  If I knew PRO Straight people I would expect them to oppose me but I would also expect them to respect my right to have my point of view just as I would allow them to.  I have no desire to fight with or try to prove PRO-Straight people wrong.  They are just as entitled to stand up and tell their version as I am to tell mine.  I don't know that a PRO-Straight person and I would share many like views but as long as they respect my right as a survivor I respect their right to be of a different frame of mind.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »
On 2003-12-05 11:15:00, animals all of us wrote:

"Well Jen,

Basically you're fucked.  You should kill yourself and then hope god will take you in.

Just kidding !!!  Bad joke.  Sorry.

Sounds like PTSD to me.  You have come to the right place.  

I am wondering something however...

If you had not found this sight of persons from Straight Incorporated, and providing that you still actually knew some people who were very PRO Straight Incorporated - would you come to this sight and post and wait for comments.

Sinceriously, ..."

thanks for the prognosis and wisdom your excellence... :roll:  

no, really!! :roll:  i'm serious...:roll:  

Clancy's Law: The perceived role of governments is to deploy ever increasing resources to the attainment of  ever diminishing end results.
--Home Page