Author Topic: Wasn't that a big issue with the Skakel case?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Wasn't that a big issue with the Skakel case?
« on: November 23, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
I remember the policy in Daytop.  You could confess to crimes, and shit and you wouldn t get in any trouble.. You'd only get in trouble, if you committed the crime while you were in Daytop.

A kid who admitted to killing people to me, in a group.. ya know.. "my superior" told me that Daytop staff knew about it.

Also, I remember this one time in a group, this guy confessed to raping a girl.. he told us all, in a group of close to 20 members plus a staff member the whole story in great detail.

He started crying, and I admit I could feel for the guy BUT WITHIN REASON.. What transpired afterwards was insane.. Everyone started treating him like he was the victim.. They started placating the shit out of him, as though he was the victim.. I swear to god, they were acting as though he were the victim.. EVERYONE in the group.

Fuck the nameless girl who he did it, too, right?

She's the person I was feeling sorry for.. Not him!

Ya know what else was fucked up, he didn t seem so much to me regretting the crime as he was regretting committing an act that might piss off his Daytop friends.. Two of the girls who were in the group had been raped.. he apologised to both of them for his actions, and they strongly forgave him.

I spent days in a fucking chair, got "haircuts", shotdown for over a month, once cause I refused to cut my hair as an "image-breaker"

He admitted to raping a girl, and he was a fucking hero.  There was something wrong with this place.. When I was a kid, I use to watch a lot of TV.. Whenever I saw shows that had something to do with cults.. I always got an eerie feeling.. that was the feeling I had my whole time in daytop.. It s that feeling of reality being so distorted that the good man doens t have a shot.. It's that feeling that life has no value..  just lost

Paul
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 05:10:00 AM »
He held the fucking girl down, and he raped her, and I had to listen to this shit!

Yeah.. that s therapy!

Like I didn t have enough of my own problems, that I gotta listen to this "poor-soul" cry the blues about how HE raped a girl, and he was just too drunk too stop.

Yep.. It's always the alcohol.. How come most people who drink don't do that?

I wanna clean that place off my fucking skin

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »
On 2003-11-23 01:56:00, Paul St. John wrote:

It s that feeling of reality being so distorted that the good man doens t have a shot.. It's that feeling that life has no value.. just lost

BINGO! That's what got me arrested each and every time I got pulled over for like 5 years after the Program. What might otherwise have been nothing more than a speeding ticket for someone else, I always got too nervous, even a little bit in shock and paniced. So they'd find some half dozen or so excuses to hold me for a few hours to get to the bottom of it, find the body in the trunk or whatever. Then, when they found nothing, they'd drop all but the original charge and send me off with a court date and/or a fine to pay.

Instead of giving money to fund colleges to promote learning, why don't they pass a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as good as the Prohibition one did, why, in five years we would have the smartest race of people on earth.
--Will Rogers

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »
Yeah.. I always came off a bit more defensive with athorities, such as cops,  as a result of my time in daytop, as though I was trying to protect myself.

It made things a lot less simple then they oculd have been. Often enough, it made me look suspicious, and other times, it just made the cop or whomever feel challened by me, whcih led to them wnating to beat me.

Paul

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
Yeah, you know I am coming on to this thread really late but I never quite understood that part of the "steps"

admitted to God to ourselves and to another human being....except when to do so would injure ourselves or others?

Bare with me if it is not word for word I am relying on the brainwashing I got at 14 I am 28 now.

Except when to do so would injure ourselves or others. So basically admit up to shit, that will not get you in trouble

ahhh wait a sec was it make amends to the people except when to do so would injure ourselves or others? Admit the exact nature of our wrongs? It is bothersome that I have these fragmented pieces rolling around in my head still.

I don't believe Straight would have been so forgiving. They loved confrontation. They probably would have screamed all day and then did nothing about it in the end. But yeah it would have been the drinking there too. Always the alcohol. Amazing isn't it.

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.

--Clarence Darrow

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »
I'm trying to find out what the hell else goes on within the confines of Daytop Village.  I think something is really shady about them and would like to bring it to light.

Thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
What happened to the guy who had this great emotional break through and confessed to raping someone?  Did his life suddenly work for him?  Did he become a leader in the school because he had purged himself of this heavy burdeon?  

Curious

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »
To trying to find out ...
There's a lot of shadiness going on there. Aside from the drachonian and brutal treatment.

The creative financing (ss and welfare continue to be billed despite residents not being there, or being covered by insurance or grants, donations from large organizations or companies of products) all likely part of a darker scheme. Check the names of all the directors and see how many are related to crime families. Check the stories for people who are placed in the witness protection program in those places, and see how long they've lasted.

check the licensing and training and certifcation process they have there and how they get their people licensed. Check out how many are actually licensed and how long it took them, based on the state requirements. States require classes, accredited classes, to be open. Theirs aren't. They also give their own exams.

Check the similarity between this program and the foundings of narcanon, trace it back ... there's a thinly masqued layer of involvement throughout all.

Guiliani (pre-mayor) prosecuted organized crime and as mayor, "cleaned up the streets", then became a spokesman of sorts for daytop. Guess who the directors were during that time?

it's evil.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
... a very humane and thoughtful question...

the answer is that he stronger within the system.. the Daytop System.

He had further surrenderred himself.  further revealed himself, and surrenderred to the dull and numbing tranquility of surrender its3elf within an environment that asks it of you consistently.

.. not always a happy ending..

where he is today or what he is doing I do not know..  I suppose a happy ending would be for him to have made peace with his victim if possible.. life is long, and much possible.

sincerely,
Paul St. John :smile: