Author Topic: Message to the posters and readers here  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Message to the posters and readers here
« on: November 18, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »
I've been posted to this site awhile.. It's weird how things come to be.. All I wanted was to find a site where I could tell the truth about Daytop, and have a lot of people hear it.. The closest thing that I oculd find was this forum.  

I've been here a long time now.. posted a ton of shit.. had some fun.. met a lot of cool people, and even some uncool people, like Ken.. I don't know.. I'm not exactly sure how much longer I am gonna be posting here.. I have been rethinking my objectives a bit, as a result of some recernt events.

Anyway, the point of why I am posting... I got kinda use to this place.. I have fun putting in my two cents, and I made some friends.

I'd just spoke with the mysterious "fryingmantis", and I'd just like to offer my opinions, and suggestions.

First off, don't expect to be saved by these people.  Even if they wanna save ya, they can't.
Okay.. You have to represent yourself the same as you would in any situation.  For many people having this out there after all these years.. having justice would be like the relife of dropping 100 lbs. out of your gut.  Don't let that desire destroy your objectivity.

There is no lawyer yet.  That was them appearing as though they had more going on, thn they actually did.  No lawyer actually posted to this board.  I am sure that the posters considerred what they did to be in your best interest, or in the best interest of the cause, but they did come at this dishonestly.

My advice is that if you think this is something that you are interested in persuing, then hell.. go for it.. But don't surrender yourself at any point.  You already had to do that, and your parents already did that as well.  The outcome could only be a bad one.  Best of luck.

Damn!  I just noticed .. he still didn t answer my question.. I'd love to know how he knows that Elan monitors these boards.

Paul St. John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »
Good advice all, Paul. Couple of things to add, though.

The mysterious FryingMantis (can't choose between a 6' insect slaving over a line grill or a smaller one in a pan) has a couple of things going for him that I don't think we've had into the mix so far.

One, there's a parent involved and he's balls to the walls on our side. He's a natural free-thinker and adventurer and has been quite successful using that approach to life, or at least that's my impression. I suppose that's about as much as I can say without giving away any identities.

The kid's got a damned sharp memory and was never broken, his experience is fairly recent and he's able to renew old friendships w/ other eye witnesses to the same events. That's GOLDEN!

As to how we know that Elan watches this site, well who's Elan? We know Ken drops in from time to time because he talks about it on his site. Beyond that, if anyone's got any inside info, it would be foolish to detail their contact because they'd lose is.

But I don't CARE if Elan or Elanians monitor the site. In fact, it's probably a good thing if they do. They can't control it. Ya'll can tell the truth and all they can do, if they had the sack for it, would be to try and argue against your experience. But they can't shut you up or punish you or anything else.

As to your reason for being here, well Paul, don't you know it only takes me about 3 minutes to set up a forum? I'd love to know more about what goes on in Daytop and to have it known. If you want a Daytop forum, just say so and I'll set it up for you.

If anyone knows anyone from Phoenix House, I'd love to do the same for them. I'm sick and tired of hearing only one side about those highly respected outfits. And who knows? Maybe one day Darryl Strawberry will stumble across the site and honor us with a celebrity appearance. :wink:

Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0807059099/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Mahatma Gandhi, My Autobigraphy, p. 446

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »
One other thing...

Paul said it already, but I don't want there to be any misunderstanding. Of course you should be skeptical! Naturally, you don't trust strangers. I don't even view that as damage from the Program experience. It's just good, sound thinking learned from hard experience. It's not sane or smart to trust ppl you don't know anything about.

But do contact them IF you have a story you want to tell. Don't give them any info you don't want to give. Just contact them and GET the information you need to make a determination.

The truth will out!

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »
On 2003-11-18 13:38:00, Antigen wrote:

"Good advice all, Paul. Couple of things to add, though.

The mysterious FryingMantis (can't choose between a 6' insect slaving over a line grill or a smaller one in a pan) has a couple of things going for him that I don't think we've had into the mix so far.

One, there's a parent involved and he's balls to the walls on our side. He's a natural free-thinker and adventurer and has been quite successful using that approach to life, or at least that's my impression. I suppose that's about as much as I can say without giving away any identities.

Yeah.. Okay.. That's actually the guy I spoke with. I thought he was the Mantis.

The kid's got a damned sharp memory and was never broken, his experience is fairly recent and he's able to renew old friendships w/ other eye witnesses to the same events. That's GOLDEN!

As to how we know that Elan watches this site, well who's Elan? We know Ken drops in from time to time because he talks about it on his site. Beyond that, if anyone's got any inside info, it would be foolish to detail their contact because they'd lose is.

But I don't CARE if Elan or Elanians monitor the site. In fact, it's probably a good thing if they do. They can't control it. Ya'll can tell the truth and all they can do, if they had the sack for it, would be to try and argue against your experience. But they can't shut you up or punish you or anything else.

I agree. They have no power over the now adults who were once residents.  Again, Art passionatly demonstrated this point, in a post that was a bit..lol.. out of character for him. >smiles<

As to your reason for being here, well Paul, don't you know it only takes me about 3 minutes to set up a forum? I'd love to know more about what goes on in Daytop and to have it known. If you want a Daytop forum, just say so and I'll set it up for you.

Hey, if you wanna throw one up, excellent.. I would appreciate that.. awhile on the serach engines, and who knows?  These fuckers keep a clean image.  You can hardly fing anything on them on the net that doesn't make them out to be the heros of the world.

If anyone knows anyone from Phoenix House, I'd love to do the same for them.

I know of a kid who went there.  I will find out if he is interested in offerring some info.

I'm sick and tired of hearing only one side about those highly respected outfits. And who knows? Maybe one day Darryl Strawberry will stumble across the site and honor us with a celebrity appearance. :wink:

Darryl went to Daytop too.  He was there around the sam etime as me, but in the adult program of course.. not nearly as violating of rights.. but I guess that makes sense.

Paul St. John

Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0807059099/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Mahatma Gandhi, My Autobigraphy, p. 446

"

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »
Here is another..

Just a simple identification.

These guys have an objective.  That is a fact.  Don't be mistaken into thinking that you need them anymore then they need you.  Thye need you just as much, and if not, this whole campaign never woulda happenned.. A lot of you no doubt know this, but I have have chosen and succeeded, I think, in representing certain values in my posts here, and I figure that I will continue to do that now.

Paul St. John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 01:45:00 AM »
that guy bob... he went to daytop.  i have contacts on the inside as you might call them.  to say "they" monitor this site would be to believe that they not only surveil these little postings, but then have the power to deconstruct them or us in some way, which they do not.  they might be able to deconstruct the adolescence out of a teen, but they ain't doin shit about a forum.  the folks running the school have been more than aware of anti-elan feedback since the mid to late 90's when the structural concept of online forums with "elan" in the title came into play.  nothing has happened since.  no worries.