Author Topic: IT is choice  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2002, 11:45:00 AM »
Trippy. Nice to see a "Bill" quote, words of wisdom as are those of Carmel.  To the anon poster that needs a straight jacket when she isn't sober, I felt that way when I was sober, suffocated, unable to make my own decisions, hands tied behind my back, etc.
This is not the forum to take up a use versus non-use/sobriety discussion.  It is cool though that despite our experiences you can be happy living as you do, as can I.
str8jack-it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-03-03 08:28 ]
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-03-03 08:32 ]
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2002, 12:43:00 AM »
Sorry I doubled clicked (must be the drugs) lol :grin:

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »
It is true that our air is poisioned, the water we drink and we don't live as long as we should.. but then again, you never know what is in the meat at the local Taco Bell or McDonald's and your taking a chance eating that too.
Some things we cannot control from the environment, but we CAN control our own minds, bodies and our thought process and determine what is right or wrong for our own well being
usan Minns

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »
I'm wondering about the synthetic heroin thing, too. I haven't tried Paxil but I took the antidepressant Elavil for a few months in the early 90s, it didn't feel anything like any opiate, or synthetic opiate (like Vicodin). No itchy nose. No dreamy floaty feelings, no fun! In fact, with Elavil, there was just a bunch of nothing! Zombie Head. What's this about Paxil as synthetic opiate? I want to know more! Hubby has a bottle in the pantry.....hmmmmm

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2002, 09:42:00 AM »
I took a Paxil and it made me feel like I was on a 48 hour cocaine come-down.  I couldnt sleep, had trouble talking, thinking....they say it is a treatment for anxiety.  Well, it amped my anxiety up threefold when I tried it.  I ditched that bottle almost immediately.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2002, 02:40:00 AM »
Yeah, it sure does seem like truth that the pills they WANT you to have (like anti-depressants, or Ambien or those evil amphetamines they want to give to our so-called "hyper" "A.D.D." -what shit!- kids, these pills I want to stay FAR FAR away from! Advertising pharmaceuticals on t.v. seems , uh, NOT QUITE RIGHT somehow, yeah! Brain Tranks, say no! But why is it so hard to get the good dope, why can't I have Lortabs all the time? Because, as usual, it's all about control AND profit, what else? Not that I'm saying these trank & anti-depressant & anti-psychotic pills don't have their rightful place! They are certainly the right thing for some things, but it's really gotten out of hand. Meanwhile, doctors are afraid to kick down the Percs even when you have true pain!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2002, 11:52:00 AM »
On 2002-05-11 23:40:00, bettypills wrote:
But why is it so hard to get the good dope, why can't I have Lortabs all the time? Because, as usual, it's all about control AND profit, what else? Not that I'm saying these trank & anti-depressant & anti-psychotic pills don't have their rightful place! They are certainly the right thing for some things, but it's really gotten out of hand. Meanwhile, doctors are afraid to kick down the Percs even when you have true pain!

As a general rule, people do not develop physical dependencies on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics.  (Psychological dependencies, yes, but not physical.)  Many painkillers, on the other hand, are physically addictive.  That's why it's easier per se to get a prescription for Prozac than it is to get one for Percoset.

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
IT is choice
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »
o.k. I can get behind what you're saying. It's true the opiates are maddening, seductive, extremely addictive. It can be very dangerous. I was a little drunk and goofy when I wrote that last one. HOWEVER, my main point was really about mistrusting the pills "they" push on us, the "social anxiety" adverts on t.v., the Elavils and Ritalins of the world. It just doesn't feel right, being marketed to, rather than prescribed for. Not that I think this is a NEW thing, business is business, medicine is business, patients are consumers and t'was ever thus.