Author Topic: Gregg Allman tribute thread  (Read 2971 times)

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
Gregg Allman tribute thread
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
This man is almost a god-like figure to me. Awhile back I bought the  Live at the Beacon Theater DVD. Gregg's voice was pretty much flawless throughout. The guitar work by Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks is awesome of course but Gregg steals the show with his heartfelt performance.
OK lets get the 800 pound gorilla out of the room right from the start. What the hell was he thinking when he married Cher?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Gregg Allman tribute thread
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
This man is almost a god-like figure to me. Awhile back I bought the  Live at the Beacon Theater DVD. Gregg's voice was pretty much flawless throughout. The guitar work by Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks is awesome of course but Gregg steals the show with his heartfelt performance.
OK lets get the 800 pound gorilla out of the room right from the start. What the hell was he thinking when he married Cher?
Dunno... but Elijah ended up at Hyde School. Cher seemed pretty gung ho 'bout her boy's "Hyde School experience," and even wrote the Foreword for Joe Gauld's seminal sleep inducer, Character First: The Hyde School Difference, but... this enthusiasm appears to have eluded Elijah.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Dissolver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »
I liked Elijah's band, Deadsy.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »
Quote from: "Dissolver"
I liked Elijah's band, Deadsy.
Having lived through a number of years of Hyde School myself, it's not hard for me to imagine how or why the concept of "dead" might linger on in Elijah's imagination.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------