Author Topic: Israel and the weather -  (Read 20897 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Israel and the weather -
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »
Once more I will bring up a common debate in Christian circles: Are weather events ever related to God's judgment on a nation.
Following are links to a series of blog posts making the argument that sometimes they are. The timing of these events in relation to certain actions by governments is very interesting. Naturally, if you are not interested you need not bother reading further.

one
http://http://www.lamblion.us/2011/01/god-judgment-and-weather-israel-factor.html
two
http://http://www.lamblion.us/2011/01/god-judgment-and-weather-god-incidences.html
three
http://http://www.lamblion.us/2011/01/god-judgment-and-weather-hurricane.html

A few quotes: November 1, 1991, when we forced Israel to the Madrid Conference. We forced them to sit down at the table and start negotiating away their land to the Palestinians. That conference began on November 1, 1991, and on that exact day the Perfect Storm formed in the Atlantic. That perfect storm produced waves of over 100 feet and almost completely destroyed President Bush's home in Kennebunkport, Maine.

in the summer of 1992 when Yitzhak Rabin was elected the new prime minister of Israel. The moment he was elected in June, we put pressure on him and said he must come to Washington, sit down with the PLO's Arafat, and negotiate and give land to Arafat. He came and sat down with Arafat. Their meeting began on August 24, 1992, and on that very day Andrew Hurricane slammed into Miami. It was the greatest hurricane in the history of the United States up to that point.

the Camp David Summit in July of 2000, when Bill Clinton brought Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Yasser Arafat together. Clinton began to put pressure on Barak to trade away the heartland of Israel and also to give Arafat one half of Jerusalem. The day that conference began, fires broke out in the Western United States. Fifty fires consumed 500,000 acres of land before the end of the month.

in November of 2002, President Bush made this incredible statement. He said, "We have come to honor Allah, the God of Abraham." The very next day, a swarm of 88 tornadoes hit the central United States.

on May 4, 2003. The next day Colin Powell went to the Middle East to implement the plan. The first thing he did was to meet with the terrorist leader Hafez Assad who's now dead. As soon as the meeting was over, he called a press conference and announced he had promised President Assad that the Golan Heights would be promised in the Road Map. He said we would force Israel to give up the Golan Heights. That very day, the greatest tornado swarm in the history of the United States occurred — 412 tornados broke out. The previous high was only 177!

Zechariah 2:8 (NIV84)
8 For this is what the Lord Almighty says: “After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you [Israel] —for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye—

Joel 3:1-2,
 "I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat the valley of judgment, and then I will enter into judgment with them on behalf of my people and my inheritance Israel whom they have scattered among the nations and have divided up my land."

Just sayin'
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Israel and the weather -
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Actually, the dates and numbers are off on the tornados, by quite a bit, actually.  For example, the tornado storms started on the 3rd of May 2003 (before the 4th). While the 4th was the most prolific day in the sequence, there were only 86 tornadoes on that day, and that day was hardly the record.  That would be 1974, where there were 148 tornadoes in a single day.  Only thing going on then was the watergate scandal.  Maybe god didn't like Nixon.

I agree Israel should be backed, espeically in the danger it is now, but it should be done for reasons of maintaining alliances, regional stability, and because it's the right thing to do, not because God might send us some bad weather.  The whole religious argument is one main reason why so many reflexively refuse to support Israel. Is it's explained in logical terms what will happen if Israel disappears...  Then people go "oh... that makes sense", but if you give them a religious argument, and they're not religious, they're likely to go back to believing that the only reason we support Israel is because of evangelical interpretations of the bible.  That is one of the reasons some people support Israel, yes, but there are many other very good ones that are not religious at all.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
I totally agree there are many reasons to support and aid Israel outside of the Bible. I agree a rock solid case can be made just using common sense and rational thinking. However, for some reason, when it comes to Israel, common sense, rational thought, history, truth and justice are overwhelmingly ignored by peoples and nations across the globe. I have said before what I think the reason is - but this brings us back to spiritual matters.

I recall very well the '74 tornado outbreak. It was indeed an historical event.

If the dates and stats are wrong and you have a source on that, maybe you'll want to write the web site, and do a little show and tell. Still,  whatever your POV, don't you think this is an interesting thing to contemplate?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:32:58 AM »
I dunno,the zionist,nasionalist govern ment of isreal is ,bombing,rocketing,and bulldosing peoples homes,denying the non-jewish neighbors of simple lively hood,and walling them off like the nazi's treated them. now if this is YOUR gods Idea of JUstice. I want no part of any of it. and it pisses me off to no end that the us is in bed with it. please tell me, chapter and verse ,where it says in the bible,old book or new, where its ok to do that.What do you know about the kebra negast? or the book of thomas, or the book of mary for that matter? wise up. my priest was an idiot,so is your preacher, they have adgendas.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
So if this wheather phenomana happend, because of .......? then what ...Katrina happened because?.............. Hey you made the case....back it up...... dont tell me  the hatian earthquake happened because the country is catholic(ish) Odds are you  never lived there,and much like the WHO, your opinion is un -qualifeid.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:51:28 AM »
I gotta call horseshit here, Isreal has gotten way,way too much out of this country,we histoically,given inflationary conditions,have given isreal more aid than any other country. we literally give between 6 and 8 million dollars a day to them,and why? what do we REALLY get? an ally in the middle east?PFFFT... like the saudi's,or egypt......who needs it? we(meaning the us , would be better off out of bed with the isreali government( till they wize up) the UN(permanantly,unless you want a one world government.) and that fuckin nafta, as usual "the system" serves itself,and coursly neglects the souls who really make it up. Dont be blinded.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"
So if this wheather phenomana happend, because of .......? then what ...Katrina happened because?..............

A quote: The most chaotic and traumatic event in Israel's modern history was the forced withdrawal of Israel from Gaza which began on August 17, 2005. Nearly 9,000 Israelis were forcibly ripped from their homes and their farms. It was heart-wrenching to watch women and children man-handled, to watch synagogues violated, Torah scrolls desecrated, houses bulldozed, graves dug up, and farms destroyed. The economic impact on Israel was simply overwhelming. Look at what the Gaza strip produced:

* 70% of Israel's organic produce
    * 60% on the nations exported herbs
    * 15% of its total agricultural exports
    * 60% of its exported cherry tomato crop
    * 120,000,000 dollars of its flower exports.

In the midst of all of this, before it was even finished, Condoleezza Rice called a press conference in which she said that every one empathizes with what the Israelis were facing, but it could not be Gaza only and that would only be the beginning of the withdrawals. It's interesting that all of that ended on August the 22nd and the very next morning the government of Bermuda announced that a tropical depression had formed off the coast of Bermuda which was dubbed "Katrina." It quickly developed into the most powerful hurricane in modern history, slamming into New Orleans on August the 27th. It disrupted 25% of our crude oil production, it destroyed the largest port in this nation and the fifth largest in the world.

dont tell me the hatian earthquake happened because the country is catholic(ish) Odds are you never lived there,and much like the WHO, your opinion is un -qualifeid.

I won't tell you this. If the Haitian quake occurred as a consequence of spiritual matters, I wouldn't say it involved Catholicism. But as to my opinion, qualified or not - I don't really have one on this issue. I don't know if these things are random natural events like any other on the globe, or if God willed it as a warning chastisement. As I mentioned in the OP - these things are debated amoung Christians. I generally stay out of the debate as I have no strong opinion. That said, I do find the timing of these events in relation to Israeli policies very interesting. I had never seen it put in such a perspective before. Having seen it, I do now lean toward the belief God is trying to tell the nations something and we'd all be better off paying more attention.  Still, I wouldn't argue in a dogmatic fashion that such is the case. I posted this because I thought others might also find it interesting, weather or not they agree with the argument being made.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 05:31:34 AM »
Lets just say this, if I, me ,Seamus, were to wall off my neighbors, deny them of ancestoral homelands,and local travel,not to mention the use of farmland,facilitate settlers,armed settlers,rocket and bulldoze peoples homes,somebody would surely call me out for being either a nazi,or a fascist. Or I geuss the u.s. government was ok for doin basically the same shit to the indians, the germans,to the jews, or the english to the irish. Again ,pleasese enlighten me ,where your god says its cool you go and vicimize somebody. Im 100% down with people gettin a fair shake. If that makes be a bad guy for callin bullshit when I see it,then I can live with that. I dont hate on Isreal,as a nation,just the nationalistic,zionistic,faction of its government,and the good but weak folks who tolerate it. My Government pisses me off to no end for the support of fascist regimes,where ever they may be.See this is a democracy.Yep it is. And my government is supposed to represent me. But it fails to.Im not about somebodys idea of fucking with the down trodden.I wont under any circumstance live that way.Your christ,if you believe in what was written about him,wouldnt have stood for it either.I got called a leftist what? a week ago.
pfffttt......Ive been called worse.

sock puppets? Weak.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 05:40:15 AM »
i knew old jews,in miami.....they told me that before it was all interfeared with by the brits,and the u.n.,that jews and arabs used to ,farm together,and look out for oneanothers children. To me that is godly.Anything less is reprehensible.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
I see a blood moon risin' -

Mark Biltz; Blood Moons And Solar Eclipses Part 1
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi78PmRX46Y

related article:
http://http://www.lamblion.us/2011/01/blood-moons-eclipses-and-return-of.html

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
Hey, BK, can I get some of that PCP you've been smoking?
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Hey, BK, can I get some of that PCP you've been smoking?

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi5ZB1ZZCEg

Offline Cruises Perth

• View Profile
    • http://www.wowfactortravel.com.au
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »
How would you relate what happened to Japan then?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 08:01:43 AM »
Personally I didn't make the correlation with any of these events. However, now that someone else has, I do find the timing interesting and worth noting. I'll go on to say that accepting some events may be a Divine wake up call doesn't mean believing every disaster is.  There are prophecies given in the Bible about earthquakes becoming stronger and more frequent [ like birth pains] and this does seem to be the case.

Matthew: 24:7 7“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8“But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

Back to the question of Japan's disaster - I wonder what their policy toward Israel has been? Might be interesting to look into.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 04:44:54 PM »
I look forward to the day when its a kinder ,gentler planet. Where noone expects a reuinion from anyone ,of any kind.
Not even The Buzzcocks.