Author Topic: KEVIN RICHEY  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« on: April 21, 2006, 02:59:00 AM »
Anybody know who this guy is?  

(1)Tipton Academy

http://www.tiptonacademy.com/aboutus.php

Move your cursor over the pics, and look for Kaye and Kevin Richey

(2)Teen Options Inc

http://www.tpsrep.com/staff.htm#jr

Note: Kevin Richey, Admissions Rep

These are two different programs.

:???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »
He used to work for WWASPS as an admissions coordinator.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION SCHOOLS:

Many parents with a defiant child start seeking help with the thought that a school would be a good option for their child. They then find that most schools will not accept a defiant child. The internet, also known as the World Wide Web, has many options under the search term "military schools" and "boot camps." What many parents have found is that the majority of the sites that come up when they type these search terms in their browser are nothing more than a behavior modification school. Behavior Modification is a very old technique that rewards a child for positive behaviors and penalizes them for negative behaviors. Behavior Modification is a technique used in training animals, and was developed by Ivan Pavlov. B.F. Skinner. Skinner conducted research and experiments in the field of behavior modification. The majority of schools for troubled teens today use behavior modification as their main method of changing youth. When a child is totally out of control he may be tackled and held on the ground until he is calm enough to receive a reward for choosing to do what is right again. We believe that the youth of today are capable of learning appropriate behavior in a much different and less combative way.

I TOOK THIS OFF OF THEIR SITE. IT'S OBVIOUS TO ME THE GUY WHO USED TO WORK AT WWASPS THAT NOW RUNS THIS FACILITY IS ANTI-WWASP.

IT'S TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE FOR WWASPS. INSTEAD OF QUALITY THEY CHOSE QUANTITY IN BUILDING THEIR SCHOOLS. THEY HAD THE ATTITUDE IF WE BUILD THEY WILL COME.

WELL, THEY BUILT, WE CLOSETH, THEY RE-BUILD, WE RE-CLOSETH. HOW FRUSTERATING IS THIS?!! TOO LITTLE TO LATE, I DON'T CARE WHAT IMPROVEMENTS WERE MADE....YOU GOT GREEDY......YOU HURT KIDS.....YOU PAY.

END OF STORY, BUB-BYE.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »
Kevin Richey worked for Teen Help (referrals to WWASP programs for commissions) along with his wife, Kaye.  I see their relative (son?) JR is also on the payroll and who knows if their daughters are (due to last name differences if married).

Somehow I doubt they got a personal loan to open Tipton Academy.  I smell a WWASP.

And animal therapy?  Well, it's cheaper to get dogs than to pay qualified professionals.  Gosh, these people really get creative when it comes to maximizing profits.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
Okay, now you may all be surprised what I have to say.......but I support programs that do animal therapy.

If they are affiliated with WWASPS........and are paying money to WWASPS...........then I have a problem with it only because that is the money that is supporting some of their harsher programs, that I truely believe are emotionally, and sometimes physically abusive.

If WWASPS did a total makeover (which they probably won't, but who knows?), and cut out the toughlove crap, and had a more loving and professional approach to helping these teens, I wouldn't have ever had a problem with them.

Maybe I am just in an extra good mood today?!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »
But should a kid have to go to Kansas to get dog therapy?  I mean maybe if it was Toto.....

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 02:59:00 AM »

And animal therapy?  Well, it's cheaper to get dogs than to pay qualified professionals.  Gosh, these people really get creative when it comes to maximizing profits.

"

Hahahahaha very funny! Will work for kibble, right?!! Look, I think using animals to get to kids is a great tool. I always have, and if used in conjunction with a great therapist.......well, they may be on to something? Finally!!!!!

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »
On 2006-04-22 14:02:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"Okay, now you may all be surprised what I have to say.......but I support programs that do animal therapy.

If they are affiliated with WWASPS........and are paying money to WWASPS...........then I have a problem with it only because that is the money that is supporting some of their harsher programs, that I truely believe are emotionally, and sometimes physically abusive.

If WWASPS did a total makeover (which they probably won't, but who knows?), and cut out the toughlove crap, and had a more loving and professional approach to helping these teens, I wouldn't have ever had a problem with them.

Maybe I am just in an extra good mood today?!!"

You know even without the tough love bullshit it's still the skinner model and it's still cruel. Children absolutely should not be forced into residential treatment at all without a diagnosis from a competant independant psychiatrist. There is nothing wrong with most of these kids (of my interviews so far, two had diagnosable problems, the others were just teenagers) and the ones that are ill get no help because the Skinner model, by it's very nature does not address the underlying psychological problem.
People have no business making money out of a child's misery.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
KEVIN RICHEY
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
Ya know, there was a time when animals were a daily part of our lives. Children learned how to care for them by living and observing. And in so doing spent a good amount of time in nature. It was not 'therapy'. It was living. In harmony with nature and other speicies. Something I think that children benefit from greatly. It's real... in contrast to the unnatural world of TV, video games, facts, figures. Drive down any neighborhood street. How many kids do you see outside. I'm sure it varies, but around here, you don't see kids outside unless they are participating in 'organized'/ controlled sports.

Today, many don't even make a connection to where their food comes from. You get chicken from the supermarket, right?

How pathetic is it that kids have to be shipped to warehouses in order to have any contact with animals or nature (if they're lucky)? That their parents take out second mortgages to pay for this 'therapy'? And how beneficial is that experience when it is ordered as a punishment? I think it is more likely that they will develop a negative association with animals and nature.

I think kids and adults are suffering the ill effects caused by seperating themselves from the natural world. If you stop to contemplate this, is there any wonder so many kids are in programs and/or on mind-numbing psych drugs, along with their parents?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Tipton Academy's Special Puppy Program
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Kevin Richey worked for Teen Help (referrals to WWASP programs for commissions) along with his wife, Kaye. I see their relative (son?) JR is also on the payroll and who knows if their daughters are (due to last name differences if married).

Somehow I doubt they got a personal loan to open Tipton Academy. I smell a WWASP.
Unfortunately, as to the question of who's actually working there these days, Tipton Academy appears to have removed their AboutUs page since this topic was started...

Quote from: "Guest"
And animal therapy? Well, it's cheaper to get dogs than to pay qualified professionals. Gosh, these people really get creative when it comes to maximizing profits.
Re. "animal therapy," from their current homepage, emphasis added:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Special Puppy Program

We are happy about the positive influence a puppy can have in the life of a defiant teen boy. There are relatively few schools today that are using the positive influence of a dog.

Students who are privileged to work with dog's will learn responsibility and also will learn unconditional love.

The dog can also be used as a leverage if the student misbehaves or acts out.

By taking the animal away, the student will work harder in order to get it back.
We have seen many positive results with each boy that has had the opportunity to care for a puppy.

Call us today and speak with one of our representatives. 800-610-8810
-------------- • -------------- • --------------