Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CALO - Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks

any questions for me?

(1/4) > >>

am_i_that_crazy22:
i used to go to calo and have more than enough info on this placee

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---i used to go to calo and have more than enough info on this placee
--- End quote ---
What kind of "more than enough info" have ya got? :D

As to the topic title, here are a couple of questions to start off with:

* How long ago were you there? How long did you attend? (Feel free to be vague with your answers.).
* What is entailed in being "placed on boundaries?" E.g., what kind of refractions get you there, as well as what do you have to do to get outta there?
* Any insight as to why Mr. Wayne Juliano, CALO's former Academic Director, recently filed a lawsuit against CALO?
Thanks!

am_i_that_crazy22:

--- Quote from: "Ursus" ---
--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---i used to go to calo and have more than enough info on this placee
--- End quote ---

* How long ago were you there? How long did you attend? (Feel free to be vague with your answers.).
* What is entailed in being "placed on boundaries?" E.g., what kind of refractions get you there, as well as what do you have to do to get outta there?
* Any insight as to why Mr. Wayne Juliano, CALO's former Academic Director, recently filed a lawsuit against CALO?
Thanks!
--- End quote ---

hey! well i am going to be super vague cuz i have reasons for not wanting calo to know who i am if any staff or ken lurk on here. i was a student there and my time spent was kinda short.i got pulled. i cant say how long. boundaries r basically when a student may have had an innaproprite or unhealthy relationship with a student or even a staff and it crosses the line to what calo felt was 'normal'. for example, i was a  female studnt n there were sum girls who flirted with the idea of havin relationships, they wer instantly put on boundaries. this meant no talking, communticae, and had to talk to them as if they werent ther if they refered to them. punishment could include regroup if this was broken, it depdns on the staff. oh and let me tell u staff most definitely had favorites. i saw kids who got away with so much just because they wer liked me the staff. there wer a few times tho that girls got 2 close with staff, n those staff were quickly fired.
mr. J as we called wayne juliano, was the nicest man ever. he was there for half of my stay, and then watched him get fired. it was told to us that he had a melt down and while it wasnt violent he freaked out and they had cops come to calo!!! i dont know if he did anything illegal n dnt wanna assume stuff but he was so nice! i think mostly calo just wasnt happy with him cuz sometimes he was a bit over dramatic and flamboyant, and certain higher ups didnt like that. speaking of higher ups i will give a shout out to the famous caleb who runs rec therapy- thanx for makin my stay miserable.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---hey! well i am going to be super vague cuz i have reasons for not wanting calo to know who i am if any staff or ken lurk on here. i was a student there and my time spent was kinda short.i got pulled. i cant say how long.
--- End quote ---
Why did you get pulled (if you can say)? Does this happen to a lot of students at CALO?

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---boundaries r basically when a student may have had an innaproprite or unhealthy relationship with a student or even a staff and it crosses the line to what calo felt was 'normal'. for example, i was a  female studnt n there were sum girls who flirted with the idea of havin relationships, they wer instantly put on boundaries. this meant no talking, communticae, and had to talk to them as if they werent ther if they refered to them. punishment could include regroup if this was broken, it depdns on the staff.
--- End quote ---
So boundaries is kinda like "bans," eh? What is "regroup?"

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---oh and let me tell u staff most definitely had favorites. i saw kids who got away with so much just because they wer liked me the staff. there wer a few times tho that girls got 2 close with staff, n those staff were quickly fired.
--- End quote ---
Could that be described as ... staff having violated boundaries? What exactly do you mean by "getting too close with staff?" Does this happen with some frequency?

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---mr. J as we called wayne juliano, was the nicest man ever. he was there for half of my stay, and then watched him get fired. it was told to us that he had a melt down and while it wasnt violent he freaked out and they had cops come to calo!!! i dont know if he did anything illegal n dnt wanna assume stuff but he was so nice! i think mostly calo just wasnt happy with him cuz sometimes he was a bit over dramatic and flamboyant, and certain higher ups didnt like that.
--- End quote ---
Mr. Juliano seems like a very nice man and apparently really cares about imparting a love for the subject matter to his students. At least, that's the impression I get based on the words of a former student (pre-CALO).

--- Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22" ---speaking of higher ups i will give a shout out to the famous caleb who runs rec therapy- thanx for makin my stay miserable.
--- End quote ---
Lol. I take it that Caleb Cottle isn't too popular (another former CALO student echoed your basic sentiments). Is he still in charge of teaching other staff the restraint methods used at CALO?

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Ursus" ---
--- End quote ---

Thanks!
--- End quote ---

hahahaha :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version