Author Topic: Dr Gerald Davidson Was Jennifer's uncle?  (Read 54279 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
The Journal of the American Medical Association
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
JAMA The Journal of the American Medical Association
http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/180/2/134.abstract

Bodily Complaints and Other Symptoms of Depressive Reaction
Diagnosis and Significance in a Medical Clinic

John D. Stoeckle, M.D.;
    Gerald E. Davidson, M.D.

Boston
Associate in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Assistant Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital (Dr. Stoeckle); Assistant in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital (Dr. Davidson).

Abstract

Medical clinic patients with "functional" bodily complaints were commonly found to have a depressive reaction. This reaction consists of bodily symptoms and disturbances in relations, both interpersonal (withdrawl, irritability, and resentment) and intrapersonal (depressed mood, loss of pleasure in usual activities, helplessness, and injured self-esteem). The diagnosis is made on the history of a traumatic event which the patient perceives as a loss, rather than on symptoms alone. Diagnosis is important because the bodily symptoms are commonly used as a reason for coming to the doctor, because care of the patient demands recognition of all aspects of his illness, and because rational treatment depends on it. Treatment involves several roles of the doctor and his explicit or implicit use of some psycho therapeutic techniques in his medical practice. Four case histories illustrate these principles.

I can't tell you how many residents I found walking around Elan with ["functional" bodily complaints] caused by a traumatic event either before they got to Elan, while there or both. These kids were never treated by any qualified thereapist and left Elan more disturbed then ever. My personal experience after I left Elan was just total inadequacy and anxiety and my body was as rigid as a board. My stomach was in knots for years.
I can't believe this fucking guy would produce a study on this condition then go on and be responsible for the traumatic damages done to children.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Gerald E. Davidson
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
His role at Harvard was the same as Elan. He was never there. I've found a grand total of 3 articles he's mentioned in, and none he's written. I asked my wife's brother to check him out, he graduated Harvard. He knows how to get information there better than any ofus.

How did Allenbach study under Davidson at Elan? The man was never there.
Maybe ya got something a bit skewed or not fine-tuned enough re. your search parameters...

Mind you, this is in NO way an endorsement of Davidson or his involvement with or contribution to Elan on *my* part. I just think ya oughta give credit where credit is due, regardless of whether you agree with someone or not.

The fact is, Davidson did work at Harvard Medical School, and Davidson did publish. Here are a few of those publications, in mixed format, such as I was able to rustle up:

1. Boston
   2. Associate in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Assistant Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital (Dr. Stoeckle); Assistant in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital (Dr. Davidson).

Abstract

Medical clinic patients with "functional" bodily complaints were commonly found to have a depressive reaction. This reaction consists of bodily symptoms and disturbances in relations, both interpersonal (withdrawl, irritability, and resentment) and intrapersonal (depressed mood, loss of pleasure in usual activities, helplessness, and injured self-esteem). The diagnosis is made on the history of a traumatic event which the patient perceives as a loss, rather than on symptoms alone. Diagnosis is important because the bodily symptoms are commonly used as a reason for coming to the doctor, because care of the patient demands recognition of all aspects of his illness, and because rational treatment depends on it. Treatment involves several roles of the doctor and his explicit or implicit use of some psychotherapeutic techniques in his medical practice. Four case histories illustrate these principles.

* Associate in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Assistant Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital.
† Assistant Sociologist, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital.[/li][/list]
  • Journal of Chronic Diseases
    Volume 17, Issue 10, October 1964, Pages 959-970
    The quantity and significance of psychological distress in medical patients: Some preliminary observations about the decision to seek medical aid
    John D. Stoeckle M.D.*, å, Irying K. Zola Ph.D.†, å and Gerald E. Davidson M.D.‡, å

åDepartments of Medicine and Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Medical and Psychiatric Services, and Medical Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, U.S.A.
    Received 24 November 1963.
    Available online 25 March 2004.

Abstract

The percentage of patients coming to a medical clinic with psychological distress was measured by recording symptoms in two studies in the same clinic at different times. The clinical study and the sociological study gave similar results, i.e., over 80 per cent incidence. The different definitions, criteria and measures in previous studies of ‘psychiatric illness’ in medical patients, as well as their implications, are reviewed. Depression was common in the clinical study. Such distress was considered significant in the decision to seek medical aid because of expectations of help from the doctor. That this distress may be related to the decision to go to the doctor is illustrated by case reports. Further validation is suggested by prospective and field studies outside the clinic.

* Associate Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate in Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
    † Assistant Sociologist, Massachusetts General Hospital, Assistant Professor of Sociology, Brandeis University.
  • SOCIAL WORK IN A MEDICAL CLINIC: THE NATURE AND COURSE OF REFERRALS TO THE SOCIAL WORKER
    John D. Stoeckle, M.D.; Ruth Sittler; and Gerald E. Davidson, M.D.
    Am J Public Health, Sep 1966; 56: 1570 - 1579.

"Dr. Stoeckle is associate in medicine, Harvard Medical School, and associate physician, Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, Mass. 02114). Miss Sittler is head, Social Service, Medical Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Davidson is assistant in psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital. (This paper was submitted for publication in May, 1965.)"
  • Patterns of Drop-Outs from a Methadone Program for Narcotic Addicts
    Substance Use & Misuse
    1972, Vol. 7, No. 3 , Pages 415-425

Chaim M. Rosenberg1†, Gerald E. Davidson2 and Vernon D. Patch3
    1Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
    2Instructor in Psychiatry
    3Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Harvard Medical School
    †Correspondence: Chaim M. Rosenberg, Department of Psychiatry, Boston City Hospital, Harrison Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02118

Fwiw, Davidson also participated/is mentioned in the following studies, presentations, and reports:

• NARCOTICS RESEARCH, REHABILITATION, AND TREATMENT HEARINGS
    BEFORE THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON CRIME
    HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    NINETY-SECOND CONGRESS, FIRST SESSION (1971)
      "Davidson, Dr. Gerald E., associate director, drug dependency clinic, Boston City Hospital, study entitled "Results of Preliminary Perse Study"....: 331"

I can't begin to tell how grateful I am for your hard work. Thank you very much for this research on Davidson.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Dr Gerald Davidson Was Jennifer's uncle?
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
:flip:

4 repeat posts
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:55:38 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
Ugh
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:08:47 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »
Upon leaving government service in 1966, Captain White wrote a startling letter to his superior. In the letter to Dr. Gottlieb, Captain White reminisced about his work in the safehouses with LSD. His comments were frightening. "I was a very minor missionary, actually a heretic, but I toiled wholeheartedly in the vineyards because it was fun, fun, fun," White wrote. "Where else could a red-blooded American boy lie, kill, cheat, steal, rape and pillage with the sanction and blessing of the all-highest?

I think Marty wrote a similar letter
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:06:55 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »
:jamin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »
The Nixon Administration was, at one time, putting together a program for detaining youngsters who showed a tendency toward violence in "concentration" camps. According to the Washington Post, the plan was authored by Dr. Arnold Hutschnecker. Health, Education and Welfare Secretary Robert Finch was told by John Erlichman, Chief of Staff for the Nixon White House, to implement the program. He proposed the screening of children of six years of age for tendencies toward criminality. Those who failed these tests were to be destined to be sent to the camps. The program was never implemented.

Uh huh

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
Dr. Arnold A. Hutschnecker, who for many years served as Richard M. Nixon's psychotherapist and who once said that Nixon ''didn't have a serious psychiatric diagnosis'' but had ''a good portion of neurotic symptoms,'' died on Thursday at his home in Sherman, Conn. He was 102.

Sherman is just a stone's throw from New Milford, where Doctor M. Scott Peck spent most of his life. They had to know each other

M. Scott Peck was HPM, I have an article about it :)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 01:07:38 AM »
I have a opinion on the relationship between Dr. Davidson and Joe Ricci and why they initially decide to get together. This is based on the ratio between hard core drug addicts and residents with other issues (if any at all). I will be accounting for the years of Elans opening up to 1973-75. It has always been my opinion that Joe and Gerald did not meet by coincidence. Dr Davidson was involved in Methedone and drug addiction and Joe at one time was a drug addict and was also dealing with the treatment of drug addict, albeit it was unprofessional.
Joe I believe was discouraged by what he saw in the Treatment Centers of the time (Daytop, Marathon House, Phoenix House) not impressed by the money they were generating. Most of the TC's were dependent on State, City, County services for monies, welfare and food stamps (I am talking circa 1968-1970). Joe left Daytop angry over being controlled by his superiors and set out for Meriden Ct. There he helped set up another program for children trying to work with school administrators to take on there troubled kids. Joe tried to set up the first system where he could get the state or city to pay for the kids out of the education budget but I don't think he was successful. Because it wasn't to long before the first meeting between Dr.Davidson and Joe happened a plan was made and off to Maine they went.
Getting back to the ratio between hard core drug addicts and other residents in Elan at the beginning is important for this reason. Because it shows where the focus was for Joe and Gerald, what expertise they brought to Elan (whether false or not) at the beginning stages and what behavioral models they were going to be using for the residents they intended on treating. I believe Elan began/started on the bases that they were going to be treating drug addicts. They had planned on using the leading behavioral model at the time; http://www.williamwhitepapers.com/pr/20 ... atment.pdf   The Use Of Confrontation In Addiction Treatment History, Science And The Time For Change
William L.White, MA and William R. Miller, PHD
. (I found this PDF on Fornits   viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23440&start=15 Dragonfly provided it).
Of course all the education Dr.Gerald Davidson had and the limited education Joe Ricci had was of no use because they both forgot about helping kids and became enamored with getting rich.
By 1973 and on the large part of the population (or money kids) was from referral(ei; Marvin Schwartz from Ill) from institutions within states private pay (parents) and the other large part was State referral which was Joe's baby. He finally got his cash cow.
Elan started to recieve kids with multiple issues that this confrontational model (IMO) only exacerbated the problems for the kids. At this point the staff became frustrated and began to take these emotions out on the kids. By 1974 Joe and Gerald had brought in barbaric methods to deal with kids that they had no idea if success was there or not. Once again (iMO) Joe and his henchmen at this time had reverted to being thugs, back to living on the street and dealing with folks accordingly. This is not a joke or some misconception either, Joe had reduced himself to being back on the street, he was drinking and drugging to excess, chasing women and acting in a very immature manner.
Dr.Davidson knew this was going on with Joe, he knew the violence was going on in the houses, he even participated in it at times. Dr.Davidson started to complain about Joe when he realized Joe was mismanaging the money and cutting him out of profits gained in various enterprises they both owned.
They both had a small idea but had huge egos. Something had to give, sad part it was our (the kids) minds and bodies that gave out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
I understand that the money was there for these guys, but Davidson could have made more money by cutting Joe out and running a less vicious program. He was a Harvard doctor, he could have done many, many things that would have made him more money. Why let a creep like Ricci in on it?

Joe was a shiny object for people to see as they did what they were doing. It kept the eyes off the other people involved. I'm sure of it

I watched "Human Resources" and read the mind control and brainwashing articles, and there were a few commonalities. USC, Yale and Harvard. Stanford is mentioned a few times too. I'm convinced these douchebags were running an experiment in Maine. That's why the state protected them. And, if there's any evidence of it out there, I'm going to find it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
Also, all Davidson's co writers on those articles are all over the internet. They didn't own one of the most notorious programs in the country, and they weren't partners with a media whore, gangster, criminal, gubernatorial douche cunt like Joe Ricci. Between the lawsuits and Elan's popularity, he should be famous.

Someone went to great lengths to keep him off the internet

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
Well then Wayne, lets see if we can find the evidence to connect these dots you have been talking about. I do agree it is strange Dr.Davidson has been quiet on the internet. Matt did help me in one way, putting the MD behind his name.
I'll see what I can dig up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
I found confirmation of Davidson's death at Journal of the American Medical Association. Then, I tried a few searches with "Wayne State University" "Werner Erhard" and "Landmark Education" and gave myself a good two days of reading to do  :eek:

Seems more than a few HPM people went to Davidson's alma mater.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 12:06:09 AM »
Dr. Larry Brilliant (Wayne State University), is the founder of the SEVA Foundation, and Ram Dass (Harvard faculty-psychology) is a co-founder and advisory board member of the Seva Foundation. Wavy Gravy (Seva founder) was good friends with Timothy Leary (Harvard faculty-psychology)

These people are all attached one way or the other to Esalen, and Aldous Huxley (Human Potential Movement).

I don't know how this all fits together yet, but I'm on these motherfuckers

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »
Not to come off all COINTELPRO or anything, but what is the working theory here?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis