Author Topic: Sean Noakes from KHK  (Read 1922 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Sean Noakes from KHK
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:48:57 AM »
Sean Noakes. A friend for a few months in KHK. Programs sometimes create murderers.

http://mentalhopenews.blogspot.com/2008 ... natti.html

Stabbing devastates family

Cincinatti Enquirer
By Brenna R. Kelly and Kevin Kelly - July 11, 2008

FLORENCE - Candles, flowers and stuffed animals now sit on the doorstep of the house where Sharon Gette and Barbara Rodgers were viciously attacked with a knife Wednesday.

Ever since the stabbing, which killed Gette and severely injured Rodgers, her 72-year-old mother, friends neighbors and strangers have been leaving the items on the porch of the Raintree Road home, said Gette’s daughter Kelly King.

“The community has really pulled together,” she said, “So many people have walked up to my doorstep to wish me well and my family. I just want to let everybody know out there in that neighborhood that I appreciate it a lot. I couldn’t ask for a better community to live in.”

A funeral for Gette, 51, will be held Monday at Linnemann Funeral Home in Erlanger. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. with a service following at 3 p.m.

On Friday, Rodgers continued to recover at University Hospital, King said. While the family had been hopeful she would be released today, Rodgers will need more treatment including skin grafts, King said.

Sean Noakes, 39, who is accused of stabbing the women is being held in the Boone County jail without bond. He is charged with murder, attempted murder and being a persistent felony offender. He will appear in court July 18 at 9 a.m.

After Barbara Rodgers' husband died last year, Sean Noakes, who lived about two blocks away, would occasionally stop by to help the elderly woman take out the trash.

Relatives living two doors down from Rodgers thought nothing of it when they saw the 39-year-old Noakes leaving her bi-level home on Raintree Road before 8 p.m. Wednesday.

"I didn't stop and stare at him," said Matt Strickland, whose wife, Kelly King, is Rodgers' granddaughter, "because I see him all the time around the neighborhood."

Later, the family learned that Rodgers and her daughter, Sharon Gette, had been stabbed inside the home and that police think Noakes was the attacker. Gette, 51, died from her injuries; Rodgers, 72, was at University Hospital on Thursday.

"My grandmother is an old woman who doesn't turn a stranger away," King, Gette's only child, said. "My mom was a great woman. My mom was a great mom, and she was a great grandma."

Florence police found Noakes three hours later at the Houston Road Longhorn Steakhouse bar and arrested him.

"There's something wrong when you can kill somebody and then go to a restaurant," Florence police spokesman Capt. John McDermond said.

Noakes is charged with murder, attempted murder and being a persistent felony offender. He is being held without bond in the Boone County jail.

Noakes, who stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 300 pounds, has an extensive criminal background and history of mental illness. King said Thursday that she was well aware of his history.

"If you really want to report on something, report on how he was walking the streets. Run his background. Look at his report. Report that stuff," King said. "Report the fact there was a lunatic on the streets and that Kentucky laws are so ridiculous and so lenient that people like that can walk the streets."

Thursday, police were searching the east Florence neighborhood, including a creek about 75 yards from Rodgers' home, for a knife. They were also talking to neighbors.

"We don't have a reason why he did this," McDermond said.

McDermond said neighbors helped find Noakes after word circulated Wednesday night that he was the suspect in the stabbing. Someone came to the scene and told police that they saw Noakes at Steak 'n Shake in Florence, McDermond said. Police found Noakes across the street at Longhorn Steakhouse.

"He did not have a great deal of blood on him when he was arrested," he said.

Police hope Rodgers will be able to fill in the blanks in the case when she recovers, McDermond said.

King said her grandmother was in stable condition Thursday. Rodgers does not know her daughter died, King said. The family planned to tell her later, she said.

"One woman was tragically taken from me," King said. "My grandma is in the hospital over a senseless act."

Gette grew up in the area, relatives said, and was a friendly person who loved her grandchildren. She was living in the house, assisting her mother, and had been employed as an inspector at Ellison Surface Technologies in Hebron.

In addition to being known in the neighborhood where he lived with his parents, Noakes was known to police.

"We've had calls on him off and on since the early '90s," McDermond said.

In 1993, Noakes walked into the Frisch's restaurant at Turfway Road and Ky. 18 and held employees hostage. He released the hostages one by one "stating he was told to protect the people," according to the police report.

Noakes pleaded guilty but mentally ill to kidnapping in Boone Circuit Court in 1994 and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Before he pleaded guilty, Noakes underwent a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation that found he was competent to stand trial. Noakes told the psychologist that he heard voices and was taking two psychiatric medications. The report also said Noakes spent five days in Eastern State Hospital, a mental health center in Lexington, just months before the kidnapping.

Before the kidnapping, Noakes had been convicted of 14 other crimes starting in 1989 when he was 21. The convictions included criminal possession of a forged instrument, forgery, receiving stolen property and theft by unlawful taking, terroristic threatening and alcohol intoxication.

In prison, Noakes repeatedly petitioned to have his sentence reduced, telling the judge that he was "tricked and coerced" into pleading guilty, believing that he would be sent to a mental hospital. His motions were denied.

Noakes was released in 1998 after serving about four years. He went to prison twice again for parole violations.

He was released for the final time in April 2004, the Department of Corrections said.

John Stevenson said he has been a friend of Noakes' father since childhood and called to tell him what happened Wednesday. Stevenson said the family was crushed by the news.

"His mother and father both tried to help him, but with his record, he couldn't get work," Stevenson said. "Doors wouldn't open for him; so, needless to say, it sends him right back into the same old crowd with the same old habits."

Strickland said relatives of Gette and Rodgers were "staying real close together, helping each other get through."

A memorial fund in Sharon Gette's name has been established. Donations can be made at any Fifth Third Bank branch.

Staff writers Quan Truong and Jim Hannah contributed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
Re: Sean Noakes from KHK
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:52:54 AM »
He was the biggest guy in the program and I was the smallest........

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/ar ... -of-murder

Sean Noakes found guilty of murder, attempted murder

2:13 AM, Jun. 12, 2010

Written by Brenna R. Kelly

BURLINGTON - A jury rejected the claim that Sean Noakes is insane and found him guilty Friday of murder and attempted murder.

"Thank God; it took two years," Barbara Rodgers said as the verdict was announced.

Noakes attacked Rodgers, 73, and her daughter Sharon Gette in their Florence home in July 2008.

Gette, 51, died from six stab wounds.

Noakes, 41, sat expressionless as the verdict was announced.

The jury of eight men and four women returned the verdict in Boone Circuit Court after deliberating for one hour and 35 minutes.

The jury recommended a term of two consecutive life sentences. Under state law Noakes would be eligible for parole in 18 years. He will be sentenced Aug. 11.

"Obviously we're very satisfied, especially with the fact the jury completely rejected their mental health defense," said Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Kurt Kruthoffer. "I'm just happy for the family. They've been through a lot over the past two years. ... Maybe this will give them some closure."

Gette's husband, Mike Gette, said he appreciated the prosecutors' work.

"It's been a long 23 months. It's time to get on with life now," he said. "I'll remember my wife for who she was. I'll remember her for the rest of my life."

Gette's daughter, Kelly King, said the verdict was exactly what the family wanted and needed.

"I feel that my mom has finally been heard and everything has been validated," said King, 35. "Guilty, murder - flat out."

Rodgers said the verdict will begin her healing.

"I know he's gone, he's not around us," she said, "and he'll be gone for a long, long time, I hope."

Noakes' mental health was the main focus of the five-day trial. Psychiatrists and psychologists testified about his long history of mental illness and drug abuse.

Noakes' attorneys had asked the jury to find him not guilty by reason of insanity.

"We're disappointed in the jury's verdict," said Noakes' public defender, Jason Gilbert. "We think they misinterpreted the evidence that they heard - and they are wrong."

Gilbert said Noakes clearly suffered from mental illness and "that should have been reflected in their verdict."

Noakes could have been found guilty but mentally ill, which would have ensured that he would receive mental health treatment while in prison.

Noakes has been diagnosed with severe depression and antisocial personality disorder. He also reported to several doctors that he heard voices and saw things that weren't there.

"He slipped through the cracks of getting the mental help with his problems," said his father, Jim Noakes.

He was disappointed that the jury did not even find his son guilty but mentally ill.

"I'm glad it's over," he said.

Gilbert said Sean Noakes specifically told his attorneys not to say anything bad about the victims' family at the trial.

"He did feel bad, he really, really did," said Brian Newman, one of Noakes' attorneys.

A state psychiatrist testified that Noakes should be held criminally responsible for the stabbings. Though the defense called several mental health professionals who treated Noakes, none said he was insane at the time of the crime.

In asking the jury to give Noakes two consecutive life sentences, Kruthoffer said the public needs to be protected.

"There's no correcting Sean Noakes," he said. "I've yet to hear any reason to show Sean Noakes mercy. There was no mercy for Sharon Gette as she lost her life."

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
I have read every report online and not one mention of KHK when it comes to Sean. The very program that created this monster is off the hook. I remember when they had to let him out of KHK because even the program director realized how badly he had been broken by the brainwashing.

He came back and would stand outside of the program....I guess he wanted to come back in. Anyone else wouldn't have gotten out but he couldn't get back in. KHK had done more than brainwash him, he was not only unable to think for himself, but he couldn't even perform simple tasks without help. He was like a 300 pound - 3 year old child.

I talked to him before he was broken and after. I saw the change. I will never forget it because I knew if they could do that to him, that I was next. It was like he had received a lobotomy or something. But before that we would laugh and talk before the group would restrain us. And one day he was different, not even like a real person.

N.O.S.O.B.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
Quote from: "N.O.S.O.B."
Walter J Freeman talks about the physiology of the changes in the brain during the brainwash process...the whole program breaking people and creating psychotic disorders...that's another reason the long-term effects have not been studied...millions of people have been broken by programs, and snapped upon release....i hope somebody studies it someday....I write to psych professors all the time asking them to recommend it as a doctoral thesis project....

That is a great idea that would require a lot of research. Especially since illegal experiments largely haven't been documented in this country.