Author Topic: Communications Between Concerned Citizen and Ed Con  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Communications Between Concerned Citizen and Ed Con
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »
Date: Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: correction and adddendum RE: De. Buccellato and Hidden Lake Academy

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: correction and adddendumRE: De. Buccellato and Hidden Lake Academy

It has come to my attention that the assets of the Hidden Lake Foundation, a defendant in the class action suit were dissipated in legal expense in defense of the Foundation. Having no further assets, the foundation was dissolved. No secrets there.

First line of second paragraph should say " I do not take lightly" instead of "I take lightly."  Correction has been made below.

Tom Croke

www.familylight.com

724-216-6843

212-537-6386

304-881-0252

412-203-3177

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:45 PM
To: John Cornell; Nancy Edwards; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Paula L. Rudy; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; http://www.familylight.com/link3/3.05/3.052/index.htm. You will note that I am an equal opportunity irritant.  There is enough in those guidelines to offend just about everyone.  But we would have a better profession if everyone followed them.  I point this out so no one would think I am simply defending Dr. Buccellato out of misplaced loyalty or a belief that we don't need improvements in our profession. Dr. Buccellato has his faults and our profession needs to improve.  For that reason I write this.  I have no loyalty to Dr. Buccellato. I do have a loyalty to his current students, none of whom were referred by me, and I do have a loyalty to a profession that must survive in the in the interests of the young people "Dr. Cornell" disingenuously purports to care about.  

I am devoting part of my Saturday to write this because I care about the young people this industry serves and I do not take lightly threats to the ability of conscientious people to continue to serve their interests.  I read with interest the financial papers in the link.  There is no doubt that the vendetta that, you, "Dr. Cornell," have been instrumental in conducting has cost Dr. Buccellato millions of dollars in legal expense and lost revenue, so it is not surprising that he might come up short on payment of some obligations, such as the settlement to which you refer.  However, without any guarantees, I am personally satisfied that he will not allow the school to fold as you suggest sending his students scattering without any kind of safety net.  Again, I don't know for sure, but I would strongly suspect that a particular source that is not part of the litigation you refer to and is not legally obligated to pay any of the school's or Dr. Buccellato's debts would step in to finance an orderly completion process for students enrolled at the school if conditions were to require a cessation of new enrollments.  

Whatever opinions I may hold about the quality or lack thereof at Hidden Lake Academy are derived by a comparison of that institution to the Guidelines you can read at http://www.familylight.com/link3/3.05/3.052/index.htm .  I don't plan to discuss that further in this venue, except to say that one thing I am not personally worried about is that the school will suddenly shut down leaving its students in the lurch.  The papers you refer to do not cause me or anyone else who really knows the situation alarm on that particular point. I would be very surprised if, despite your best efforts the school will stop taking new enrollments.  

Out of concern for the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of students in schools comparable to Hidden Lake Academy I want to respond to the email itself and its author.

First, if your motivation is to get the defendants in this case paid, you might consider cutting back on your efforts to undermine the defendants financially.  You seem to be acting against the interests of the plaintiffs here, trying to provoke a situation which would result in them never getting paid.  If your motivation is to prevent kids from being harmed, you might want to check out the improvements in the school in the past year (not meaning to imply confirmation that there ever was abuse there -- for purposes of this communication, I'm not discussing the what may or may not have happened some years ago.  You might also reconsider your affiliation with those attempting to shut down the entire range of specialty schools and programs, identifying (in some cases, perhaps correctly) past abuses but ignoring the benefits to thousands of young people able to have normal lives because of these schools.  With the enormous amount of time I am putting into my website, I am paying my dues on a serious effort to improve our profession, but unlike you and your associates, I am not attempting to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Unlike you, I care about these young people and I am not using them as pawns in a personal vendetta.  

Next, there is the matter of "Dr. John the Shrink" AKA "John Cornell."  The email address suggests that you, "Dr. Cornell," are a clinician at the doctoral level. I have run your name on the web and the only John Cornell who comes up who fits that description is a research psychologist who is probably not you.  If you are a credentialed person in any capacity, lets have your true name, your place of business, and your license number.  In any case, no matter who you are, if you have something constructive to say, out of concern for the young people you disingenuously purport to care about, tell us who you really are instead of simply trying to cloak yourself in camouflage. If you are to have any credibility identify yourself.  From what I see from the way you try to lead us to believe you are a practicing psychiatrist, from the same information I can only draw the conclusion that you are a mentally unbalanced liar obsessed with a vendetta that controls your life the way heroin controls the life of an addict.

I know very little about the Chapel issue.  I do know that it is irrelevant to the point you appear to be trying to make.  Where did the money go?  I don't know for sure, but I would strongly suspect that the resources of the entire foundation would not come close to making a significant dent in the $400,000 judgment you claim you want paid.  Not-for-profit foundations with significant assets must file a 990 form annually with the IRS.  I have searched the relevant data base for a 990 from the Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. for 2005, 2006 and 2007, and I find nothing. The conclusion I draw is that there are not and never were significant assets. If there were enough to build a chapel, there would be a 990.  If there were enough to pay a significant portion of the judgment, there would be a 990. I don't see evidence of mishandling of funds. However an examination of the 990 for HLA, Inc. shows the substantial personal expense -- well over $1,000,000 -- that Dr. Buccellato has put into the operation of this not-for-profit school to compensate for losses this situation has created.  He gains nothing and is pouring his own resources into keeping it going.   You are probably pleased that this is hitting him in the bank account. But the evidence is that he cares enough about the students in the school to do that and you care about nothing but doing damage.

I am not evaluating either Hidden Lake Academy or Dr. Buccellato in this communication.  I am asserting that this kind of attack is transparently without regard for the best interests of the students at Hidden Lake Academy and the plaintiffs in the settled lawsuit.  It is about destruction for the sake of destruction.  It is about a totally irresponsible vendetta, seeking only to do damage.  It comes from a source whose integrity and bona fides are seriously in question by the dubious implication that the source is a practicing psychiatrist.  

Tom Croke

www.familylight.com

724-216-6843

212-537-6386

304-881-0252

412-203-3177

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 10:48 PM
To: Nancy Edwards; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Paula L. Rudy; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; http://fornits.com/hla/Buccellatto%27s_ ... motion.pdf
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Communications Between Concerned Citizen and Ed Con
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
HAH.  Tom Croke.  My favorite ed-con.

I remember what happened last time I tried to write him a letter:
http://www.benchmarkyoungadultschool.co ... e-Decl.pdf
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

I don't understand what he's trying to convey in that deposition.  All it basically says is that yes, he is an EdCon.  That yes, you sent him an "unsolicited email" (that made me laugh).  That yes, you made some accusations against Benchmark.  And that no, he did not contact you in return despite your request for him to do so.  That's it.  WTF was that all about?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »
So basically we need to call the IRS to find out where these funds have gone. 990's should have been filed. Why haven't they?

And you, Mr. Croke, can be called as a witness to testify on behalf of the IRS to find out how you received your information about the dissolution of the Chapel Funds (which later was renamed the Convocation Center Fund). Don't worry Mr. Croke, you'll be getting a call or letter from Len telling you to no longer post on this site.

Shortly after the fundraiser and the filing of the lawsuit poor Lou's job was eliminated. Could it be because he was trying to find out how to legally file taxes?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14800&p=186899&hilit=chapel+fund+midsummer#p186899

A Midsummer's Evening to Remember

Main Article Image
The Hidden Lake Academy Foundation Board is hosting a Midsummer Night's Art and Auction Party on Thursday, July 20, at Twinhouse Gallery at 2815 Peachtree Road in Atlanta to benefit the Chapel Fund. The Chapel will be HLA's convocation center where the community will come together for reflection, meetings, and services.

You will receive a formal invitation at the end of April, but we are writing to you now to ask for your help. We need items for the auction, and we are looking for sponsors. Space is limited at the gallery, and we want to have an auction that is fabulous and exciting. One parent has offered a vacation package at his resort, which is a wonderful item and representative of the type of item that we are looking for.

We want to offer spa packages, vacation packages, jewelry, antiques, fine wine, fine spirits, handmade women's accessories, sports memorabilia, tickets to sporting events, sports adventures, and other unique and memorable items.

We would very much appreciate your letting us know if you have something that you would contribute to help make this an "affair to remember." We also need sponsors. Sponsors will receive prominent mention in all auction email communications and literature and on the Auction Web page, which will reach a very large audience.

To donate an item please
click the "Donate an Item" button
at the right, or you may contact me, Lou Randall, at my email address or at 800.394.0640. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sponsors Needed
In addition to needing quality items for our auction catalog, we need sponsors to help make this evening a success. Sponsors will have clickable links on the Auction Home Page and will be mentioned in all Auction correspondence and literature. Sponsor logos and messages will reach a very large audience.

Please Patronize Our Sponsors

Twinhouse Gallery will donate 10% of the sale price of any piece of art purchased through the online and live event or directly from the gallery so click on their link and take a look at the extraordinary art offered at this unique gallery.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Spring Morning: 40" x 30" - oil on linen.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Robin is the head designer at her firm. She hand makes every piece of jewelry and every piece is unique. Simply Robin has truly become a labor of love for her. She is very excited and proud to introduce her line of jewelry to you.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Accomodations during your vacation in Belize offer the ultimate in casual elegance. Captain Morgan's casitas and villas are appointed and furnished to offer you the warmth and luxury you anticipate when you arrive. As you gaze off your balcony to the east, your eyes will affix upon a view of the longest continuous barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. The reef in Ambergris Caye is home to hundreds of species of colorful and exotic fish.

Captain Morgan's Retreat in Belize is offering all HLA constituents a 20% discount on its vacation packages.

Simply Robin will donate 10% of the sale price on any piece of jewelry bought as a result of this auction.
Donate an Item to hla Sign % Org_Info.getAlias() %>'s Guestbook Refer Your Friends to hla

Special thanks to our sponsors...

Twinhouse Gallery

Captain Morgan's Retreat

Simply Robin

cMarket - Learn More

Hidden Lake Academy
830 Hidden Lake Road Dahlonega, GA 30533
Ph: 800.394.0640

Please do not reply to this email. To unsubscribe use the following link.
UNSUBSCRIBE

© Copyright 2005. Hidden Lake Academy and cMarket, Inc. All Rights Reserved."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will offer a note of clarification regarding the Chapel Fund. Hundreds of people, including dozens of educational consultants, donated to the Chapel Fund, and some donated substantially, meaning thousands of dollars. Many of them appear on the list of names to whom this letter is being copied. They know how much they gave and that the expressed purpose for their giving was to build the Hidden Lake Chapel, not supplement Len's lifestyle. By Len's own account, as stated in a 2003 edition of Hidden Lake Reflections, the official school newsletter, he was getting "close to the goal" of one million dollars. When Patrick Kennedy, a former Hidden Lake student, died in October 2006 shortly after graduating from Hidden Lake, his obituary included the following quote: "Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533." That your search turned up nothing underscores the fact that the Chapel Fund and all the money it contained has disappeared. Pretending it never existed just won't cut it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
Quote from: "Guestarooni"
Quote from: "psy"

I don't understand what he's trying to convey in that deposition.  All it basically says is that yes, he is an EdCon.  That yes, you sent him an "unsolicited email" (that made me laugh).  That yes, you made some accusations against Benchmark.  And that no, he did not contact you in return despite your request for him to do so.  That's it.  WTF was that all about?

More or less it's Benchmark trying to argue I contacted educational consultants to try to hurt their enrollments.  They claimed the letter I sent Croke contained defamatory allegations.  Yet, even if that were true (which it's not, since everything I said in that email was true), their argument would still fail since Croke continued (and continues) to refer to Benchmark (no harm, a necessary component).  Their whole case was weak.  It was a SLAPP suit, as the judge ruled.

In this context, what it demonstrates (and this is evaluative opinion) is that Croke is more than happy to take the side of a program (albeit purporting to be neutral) while simultaneously refusing to take allegations seriously, or even bother to further investigate them (in my case, he didn't bother to email me or call me back as requested).  If I remember correctly, he was quite fond of referring to Samoa back in the day, if that tells you anything.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
We should also try to contact Lou to find out if he knows what happened to those funds.

Quote from: "Guest99"
So basically we need to call the IRS to find out where these funds have gone. 990's should have been filed. Why haven't they?

And you, Mr. Croke, can be called as a witness to testify on behalf of the IRS to find out how you received your information about the dissolution of the Chapel Funds (which later was renamed the Convocation Center Fund). Don't worry Mr. Croke, you'll be getting a call or letter from Len telling you to no longer post on this site.

Shortly after the fundraiser and the filing of the lawsuit poor Lou's job was eliminated. Could it be because he was trying to find out how to legally file taxes?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14800&p=186899&hilit=chapel+fund+midsummer#p186899

A Midsummer's Evening to Remember

Main Article Image
The Hidden Lake Academy Foundation Board is hosting a Midsummer Night's Art and Auction Party on Thursday, July 20, at Twinhouse Gallery at 2815 Peachtree Road in Atlanta to benefit the Chapel Fund. The Chapel will be HLA's convocation center where the community will come together for reflection, meetings, and services.

You will receive a formal invitation at the end of April, but we are writing to you now to ask for your help. We need items for the auction, and we are looking for sponsors. Space is limited at the gallery, and we want to have an auction that is fabulous and exciting. One parent has offered a vacation package at his resort, which is a wonderful item and representative of the type of item that we are looking for.

We want to offer spa packages, vacation packages, jewelry, antiques, fine wine, fine spirits, handmade women's accessories, sports memorabilia, tickets to sporting events, sports adventures, and other unique and memorable items.

We would very much appreciate your letting us know if you have something that you would contribute to help make this an "affair to remember." We also need sponsors. Sponsors will receive prominent mention in all auction email communications and literature and on the Auction Web page, which will reach a very large audience.

To donate an item please
click the "Donate an Item" button
at the right, or you may contact me, Lou Randall, at my email address or at 800.394.0640. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sponsors Needed
In addition to needing quality items for our auction catalog, we need sponsors to help make this evening a success. Sponsors will have clickable links on the Auction Home Page and will be mentioned in all Auction correspondence and literature. Sponsor logos and messages will reach a very large audience.

Please Patronize Our Sponsors

Twinhouse Gallery will donate 10% of the sale price of any piece of art purchased through the online and live event or directly from the gallery so click on their link and take a look at the extraordinary art offered at this unique gallery.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Spring Morning: 40" x 30" - oil on linen.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Robin is the head designer at her firm. She hand makes every piece of jewelry and every piece is unique. Simply Robin has truly become a labor of love for her. She is very excited and proud to introduce her line of jewelry to you.
Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Accomodations during your vacation in Belize offer the ultimate in casual elegance. Captain Morgan's casitas and villas are appointed and furnished to offer you the warmth and luxury you anticipate when you arrive. As you gaze off your balcony to the east, your eyes will affix upon a view of the longest continuous barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. The reef in Ambergris Caye is home to hundreds of species of colorful and exotic fish.

Captain Morgan's Retreat in Belize is offering all HLA constituents a 20% discount on its vacation packages.

Simply Robin will donate 10% of the sale price on any piece of jewelry bought as a result of this auction.
Donate an Item to hla Sign % Org_Info.getAlias() %>'s Guestbook Refer Your Friends to hla

Special thanks to our sponsors...

Twinhouse Gallery

Captain Morgan's Retreat

Simply Robin

cMarket - Learn More

Hidden Lake Academy
830 Hidden Lake Road Dahlonega, GA 30533
Ph: 800.394.0640

Please do not reply to this email. To unsubscribe use the following link.
UNSUBSCRIBE

© Copyright 2005. Hidden Lake Academy and cMarket, Inc. All Rights Reserved."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will offer a note of clarification regarding the Chapel Fund. Hundreds of people, including dozens of educational consultants, donated to the Chapel Fund, and some donated substantially, meaning thousands of dollars. Many of them appear on the list of names to whom this letter is being copied. They know how much they gave and that the expressed purpose for their giving was to build the Hidden Lake Chapel, not supplement Len's lifestyle. By Len's own account, as stated in a 2003 edition of Hidden Lake Reflections, the official school newsletter, he was getting "close to the goal" of one million dollars. When Patrick Kennedy, a former Hidden Lake student, died in October 2006 shortly after graduating from Hidden Lake, his obituary included the following quote: "Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533." That your search turned up nothing underscores the fact that the Chapel Fund and all the money it contained has disappeared. Pretending it never existed just won't cut it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »
Perhaps Herman Essert shredded The Chapel Fund before moving out west...  Seriously, ALL was not shredded or obliterated in the fire.  According to several sources, there are several disc's out there, that show ALL financial transactions...  financial data were copied by former employees, reportedly either payed for their silence or too frightened to turn them over for various reasons.  And, yes, Buccellatto, EVERY check and names.  I wonder if the IRS can subpeona Berger and Montague?  Although it would not be in their best interest to turn anything over because the IRS can freeze assets - no settlement.    If Berger and Montague did their homework, the firm would know what monies were in the Chapel Fund.  However, if the information was supplied to them anon, they would also know.
In the court papers, Hidden Lake Foundation,INC ,the Chapel Fund, is mentioned, according to sources, now defunct and according to Croke, used to pay legal expenses to defend Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. which no longer exists (Croke). Restricte funds?  All 990's filed were filed under HLA, Inc., which the attorneys for the plaintiffs should be aware.  Now Croke apparently found out recently(his correction to his email) that Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. was no longer...from' whom' may the reader ask?  Buccellato?  It looks as though everyone was scammed regarding "the Chapel Fund", restricted funds?  Where are the 990's for Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc?
It is apparent that there would need to be rampant 'immunity' offered to put Buccellato where he belongs.  And yes, Bill Gray, sadly, with children et al, would be
at the top of the immunity list or trust me, his memory will lapse.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
A good place to start looking into "The Chapel Fund" liquidation over the years.....a recommendation...  how many  alleged sexual harassment cases were filed against Buccellato by HLA male employees, against  Kenneth Spooner?  How many of these  alleged sexual harassment cases were settled out of court?  How many sexual harassment cases never made it to court, but "brokered" by Buccellato's attorneys.  Where did the funds come from to settle out of court?  Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. established for "The Chapel Fund" or HLA Inc. (also a non-profit)??  It is not difficult for the IRS to subpeona bank records of these people,
although I imagine knowing this, tracks were probably covered.  However, I cannot phathom showing them as bonuses upon swift departure, resignation or whatever.  It would be difficult to explain a 60,000. deposit as a bonus to a young counselor...or 5,000. or 70,000 dollars.

Then we could venture to out of court settlements to parents ...

Everyone cannot be lying, and one Buccellato is telling the truth. No one could dream up what was alleged in the lawsuit and more that was uncovered.  Wake up people, these were not a handful of disgruntled parents.  

If there is any hope of bettering these schools beyond human trafficking of children, then it would seem the decent, (are there any?)educational consultants that actually have diagnostic capabilities with a doctoral degree, should step up and denounce the narcissist that owns the place.  Call the GAO, ask for their
findings, if you really care to know the truth.  

As for Mr. Croke, you speak with no knowledge of what has transpired at HLA...  You are naive to even think that Leonard Buccellato would be honest with you.
You are just another pawn in the game, until it is no longer fun to have you in the game.  

I do not think Patrick Kennedy's parents had this in mind...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »
It is apparent that "THE CHAPEL FUND" aka Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. never existed on paper at least in the 990's filed with the IRS, as the 990's on record were filed under HLA, INC. which is the school itself, a non-profit, soley to avoid taxes, according to a source. Apparently there are no Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. 990's available.  After 3 years of this, if the answer to what was going on with the finances was in the 990's, then I assume, that 'it is not what' is in the 990's, IT IS WHAT IS NOT THERE.  As an investigative accountant and attorney told me, "it is very colorful accounting", all the way down to refunding parents for pre-paid tuition, if the child was pulled.  What the investigative accountant found was funds going back and forth between Buccellato's holdings, including St. Francis.  If one does a spread sheet, one can clearly deduct what was transpiring.

What Mr. Croke does not understand is that "THE CHAPEL FUND" was bilked long before the lawsuit was filed.  According to a source close to Buccellato,
it was used as his personal 'kitty'....These funds were restricted, yet it was reported that they were used to support Buccellato's lifestyle.  Whether the funds were used for out of court sexual harassment settlements against Buccellato, is up to the IRS.  But if I am contacted by the IRS,I know of FOUR out of court settlements, Bill Gray and several other people are aware of these payoffs. And from what I am told, there were more.
Now, it was reported that a Director of Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. told Buccellato to "put THE CHAPEL FUND back", when the lawsuit was filed in September of 2006.  
Then there were the shredding parties according to a current employee.  Although Berger and Montague stepped in and reportedly the firm that was coming with the shredding truck, was cancelled.  But, the shredding ,according to employees continued.  
Therefore, it is difficult to comprehend that Buccellato is now saying that since Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. was part of the lawsuit, "THE CHAPEL FUND"
was used to pay legal fees.  
Buccellato did not pay King and Spalding, so they walked.

Now, Mr. Croke, one must understand, that the employees knew the man they were dealing with and they were not about to leave HLA without any proof, in case the suit went to court or the IRS can sniffing along.  So, documents were copied.  The employees wanted to protect themselves from possible prosecution.
So far the IRS has done nothing, although they were very close in 2002 according to sources, but "missed it".  Whether the GAO made recommendations
for investigation by the appropriate Federal prosecutors is not known and if they did, it is sealed, as the GAO will not answer "that" question.  And, yes they have been asked.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »
Here we are, two years almost to the day of this letter, and RCS is pulling the same shenanigans as did HLA.  It's time for Dr. John to release some more information to the public I think.  You out there, Doc?  RCS parents are getting ripped off in the same scheme and they need your help!

Quote from: "Guest 3"
Date: Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: correction and adddendum RE: De. Buccellato and Hidden Lake Academy

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: correction and adddendumRE: De. Buccellato and Hidden Lake Academy

It has come to my attention that the assets of the Hidden Lake Foundation, a defendant in the class action suit were dissipated in legal expense in defense of the Foundation. Having no further assets, the foundation was dissolved. No secrets there.

First line of second paragraph should say " I do not take lightly" instead of "I take lightly."  Correction has been made below.

Tom Croke

http://www.familylight.com

724-216-6843

212-537-6386

304-881-0252

412-203-3177

Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:45 PM
To: John Cornell; Nancy Edwards; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Paula L. Rudy; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; http://www.familylight.com/link3/3.05/3.052/index.htm. You will note that I am an equal opportunity irritant.  There is enough in those guidelines to offend just about everyone.  But we would have a better profession if everyone followed them.  I point this out so no one would think I am simply defending Dr. Buccellato out of misplaced loyalty or a belief that we don't need improvements in our profession. Dr. Buccellato has his faults and our profession needs to improve.  For that reason I write this.  I have no loyalty to Dr. Buccellato. I do have a loyalty to his current students, none of whom were referred by me, and I do have a loyalty to a profession that must survive in the in the interests of the young people "Dr. Cornell" disingenuously purports to care about.  

I am devoting part of my Saturday to write this because I care about the young people this industry serves and I do not take lightly threats to the ability of conscientious people to continue to serve their interests.  I read with interest the financial papers in the link.  There is no doubt that the vendetta that, you, "Dr. Cornell," have been instrumental in conducting has cost Dr. Buccellato millions of dollars in legal expense and lost revenue, so it is not surprising that he might come up short on payment of some obligations, such as the settlement to which you refer.  However, without any guarantees, I am personally satisfied that he will not allow the school to fold as you suggest sending his students scattering without any kind of safety net.  Again, I don't know for sure, but I would strongly suspect that a particular source that is not part of the litigation you refer to and is not legally obligated to pay any of the school's or Dr. Buccellato's debts would step in to finance an orderly completion process for students enrolled at the school if conditions were to require a cessation of new enrollments.  

Whatever opinions I may hold about the quality or lack thereof at Hidden Lake Academy are derived by a comparison of that institution to the Guidelines you can read at http://www.familylight.com/link3/3.05/3.052/index.htm .  I don't plan to discuss that further in this venue, except to say that one thing I am not personally worried about is that the school will suddenly shut down leaving its students in the lurch.  The papers you refer to do not cause me or anyone else who really knows the situation alarm on that particular point. I would be very surprised if, despite your best efforts the school will stop taking new enrollments.  

Out of concern for the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of students in schools comparable to Hidden Lake Academy I want to respond to the email itself and its author.

First, if your motivation is to get the defendants in this case paid, you might consider cutting back on your efforts to undermine the defendants financially.  You seem to be acting against the interests of the plaintiffs here, trying to provoke a situation which would result in them never getting paid.  If your motivation is to prevent kids from being harmed, you might want to check out the improvements in the school in the past year (not meaning to imply confirmation that there ever was abuse there -- for purposes of this communication, I'm not discussing the what may or may not have happened some years ago.  You might also reconsider your affiliation with those attempting to shut down the entire range of specialty schools and programs, identifying (in some cases, perhaps correctly) past abuses but ignoring the benefits to thousands of young people able to have normal lives because of these schools.  With the enormous amount of time I am putting into my website, I am paying my dues on a serious effort to improve our profession, but unlike you and your associates, I am not attempting to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Unlike you, I care about these young people and I am not using them as pawns in a personal vendetta.  

Next, there is the matter of "Dr. John the Shrink" AKA "John Cornell."  The email address suggests that you, "Dr. Cornell," are a clinician at the doctoral level. I have run your name on the web and the only John Cornell who comes up who fits that description is a research psychologist who is probably not you.  If you are a credentialed person in any capacity, lets have your true name, your place of business, and your license number.  In any case, no matter who you are, if you have something constructive to say, out of concern for the young people you disingenuously purport to care about, tell us who you really are instead of simply trying to cloak yourself in camouflage. If you are to have any credibility identify yourself.  From what I see from the way you try to lead us to believe you are a practicing psychiatrist, from the same information I can only draw the conclusion that you are a mentally unbalanced liar obsessed with a vendetta that controls your life the way heroin controls the life of an addict.

I know very little about the Chapel issue.  I do know that it is irrelevant to the point you appear to be trying to make.  Where did the money go?  I don't know for sure, but I would strongly suspect that the resources of the entire foundation would not come close to making a significant dent in the $400,000 judgment you claim you want paid.  Not-for-profit foundations with significant assets must file a 990 form annually with the IRS.  I have searched the relevant data base for a 990 from the Hidden Lake Foundation, Inc. for 2005, 2006 and 2007, and I find nothing. The conclusion I draw is that there are not and never were significant assets. If there were enough to build a chapel, there would be a 990.  If there were enough to pay a significant portion of the judgment, there would be a 990. I don't see evidence of mishandling of funds. However an examination of the 990 for HLA, Inc. shows the substantial personal expense -- well over $1,000,000 -- that Dr. Buccellato has put into the operation of this not-for-profit school to compensate for losses this situation has created.  He gains nothing and is pouring his own resources into keeping it going.   You are probably pleased that this is hitting him in the bank account. But the evidence is that he cares enough about the students in the school to do that and you care about nothing but doing damage.

I am not evaluating either Hidden Lake Academy or Dr. Buccellato in this communication.  I am asserting that this kind of attack is transparently without regard for the best interests of the students at Hidden Lake Academy and the plaintiffs in the settled lawsuit.  It is about destruction for the sake of destruction.  It is about a totally irresponsible vendetta, seeking only to do damage.  It comes from a source whose integrity and bona fides are seriously in question by the dubious implication that the source is a practicing psychiatrist.  

Tom Croke

http://www.familylight.com

724-216-6843

212-537-6386

304-881-0252

412-203-3177

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 10:48 PM
To: Nancy Edwards; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Paula L. Rudy; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; http://fornits.com/hla/Buccellatto%27s_ ... motion.pdf
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer