Author Topic: I am an exsafe counselor  (Read 56927 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
"We had a wonderful one when I worked there. Personally I could not stand her, but she knew what she was talking about and put the kids first."

Hmmm...about 5 pages ago, you said that the clinical director had no business being there.  Puts the kids first then eh? Ya....gotcha.  

By the way, I never saw anyone restrained with any sort of "device".  Staff's version of "approved" restraints consisted of merely "staff" performing the restraint itself.  I saw 4-5 kids tackle, sit on, and pin kids without need of any "device".  The sheetrockers were in our group about 1-2 times every two weeks repairing the holes in the walls.   We had that "only staff can restrain" BS for a few weeks, until about 1/3 of the entire group decide to mutiny.....that went out the window.  

Regardless, I wont ever be able to open your eyes for you....however, you should take a serious look at the facts, even if it means disregarding our opinions on this board.  The abuse is there, was there and will be there until the place is gone.  The very essence of the treatment method fosters abuse and trauma.

I am not merely disagreeing with you Ex, it is just not possible for what you say to be a reality.  Not given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »
I would also like to know how going through a treatment program, run by treatment graduates, qualifies a person to be a treatment director.  

I would think that at a very basic level, treatment would need to have certain amount of objectivity to be even remotely effective.  Some parent who knows dick about therpay except for going through treatment themselves has no objectivity and no business making life changing decisions on behalf of others children.  Same goes for clients.

It would be like hiring only ex-prison inmates to work as prison guards and administrators....after all, they have been there right?  And lets not forget the Warden.....
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »
"We had a wonderful one when I worked there. Personally I could not stand her, but she knew what she was talking about and put the kids first."

Hmmm...about 5 pages ago, you said that the clinical director had no business being there.  Puts the kids first then eh? Ya....gotcha.  

By the way, I never saw anyone restrained with any sort of "device".  Staff's version of "approved" restraints consisted of merely "staff" performing the restraint itself.  I saw 4-5 kids tackle, sit on, and pin kids without need of any "device".  The sheetrockers were in our group about 1-2 times every two weeks repairing the holes in the walls.   We had that "only staff can restrain" BS for a few weeks, until about 1/3 of the entire group decide to mutiny.....that went out the window.  

Regardless, I wont ever be able to open your eyes for you....however, you should take a serious look at the facts, even if it means disregarding our opinions on this board.  The abuse is there, was there and will be there until the place is gone.  The very essence of the treatment method fosters abuse and trauma.

I am not merely disagreeing with you Ex, it is just not possible for what you say to be a reality.  Not given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »
There is alot in there that I agree with.  I glanced over the parts about how one becomes a Senior staff member and fouces on the bottom half of the article.  Arrogance and ego are dangerous to any recoverying person.
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »
Carmetl, please read some earlier post and they will answer some of your questions.
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »
Aqua Safe, I dont have any idea what you are talking about.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »
No wait, Carmel! I had orthopoedic surgery on my knee back in `94. Ortho surgeons get paid pretty well, don't they? Think I could hang out a shingle? No, well how about Ortho therapy? I did that too. Think of it! All those nice, firm young athletes paying me big bucks to bend their aching limbs till they cry! Can I do it, pleeeeeeaaaaaasssss???

It would be like hiring only ex-prison inmates to work as prison guards and administrators....after all, they have been there right? And lets not forget the Warden.....

Seriously, they do this! I once saw a piece on  Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jailhouse rehab where one of his jr. staff, explained why former inmates make the best COs and how she was looking forward to going on staff full time just as soon as her sentence was up. I shit you not!
http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=5784

Whoever kindles the flames of intolerance in America is lighting a fire underneath his own home.
--Harold E. Stassen, 1947

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2003, 05:29:00 PM »
Ex...Let me tellyou how clients described the freedon to call the abusive hotline. They were told sure you can call, but the hell and torment they went thru if they did. Many did not call as they felt it were scared to death of the repercussions of the call. So to say they had the freeodm to call sounds wonderful and it does say that but go beyond the hidden words and ask kids what happened when they did call. They were laughed at, shunned ridiculed.

barb h

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
I can not say this enough that nothing remotely close to that happened at SAFE, while I worked there.  Actually, just the opposite happened.  After a misbehavior called HRS about 5-6 times and nothing happened, they realized that they would not get out of the program that way. Sometimes they realized that the only way to get out was to work and change.

Isnt that amazing?

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »
I am not wanting to mess with anyone's head, but rather try to understand their situation. If anyone was in the program at SAFE from 8/92-6/95, then I will be able to have a very detailed, specific conversation with them. The bottom line is that my time and their time at SAFE is over and there is no reason to be held down by the past if you can avoid it.

For those people that sufferred at the hands of abusive STRAIGHT people, I feel bad and will help in anyway I can.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2003-11-05 14:43:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"I can not say this enough that nothing remotely close to that happened at SAFE, while I worked there.  Actually, just the opposite happened.  After a misbehavior called HRS about 5-6 times and nothing happened, they realized that they would not get out of the program that way. Sometimes they realized that the only way to get out was to work and change.

Isnt that amazing?"

Something doesn't add up here. I've had two seperate visits to my home by HRS/DCYF over the years. The complaints were made by my daughter's father (my ex boyfriend) and, years later, by her ex boyfriend. Both times the complaints were immediately ruled unfounded. But both times the caseworker explained that they are obliged by law to follow up each visit.

How is it that they don't come follow up complaints that come from SAFE?

What you view as a confrontation out of care and concern for doubting one's program, non cult members would view as brow beating and intimidation. It's not at all surprising that, after trying to call for help a few times and getting nothing but punishment in return a sensible kid will give up hope and try another strategy.

The question is, if the kid actually wants to get help (as you insinuated in an earlier post) then why do you have to manipulate them so hard to make them take it?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of it's victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-- C.S. Lewis.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
--John Adams

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »
They do come out every time, but after they come out and nothing happens the child learns.  The client is never punished.  This did not happen at all while I worked at SAFE.  

If you consider operant conditioning manipulation, then the kids were manipualted.  But don't argue with me, argue with the doctors that developed this concept decades ago.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »
What makes you think any doctors, other than Skinner, Cameron and Mengela had anything to do with this? And who do you think they might be? The 'treatment' modality used in SAFE is based on Chuck Deterich's Synanon Game.

What you're describing here is nothing more than proving to the kid that they're entirely helpless and that there is NO way they're ever going to escape.

Yes, it's manipulative. Especially in the context of the "You did the necessary things to be here" mantra. No they didn't. They did every reasonable thing to get out. But you know as well as I do that the game was rigged from the beginning.

This, friend, is imprisonment. And, without due process, it's false imprisonment. No matter how many politicians and bureaucrats they keep on pay or under blackmail, it's still criminal activity.

Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.

--Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »
http://www.ispn-psych.org/docs/99childrens-rights.pdf

It continues to amaze me to talk to law students -- college
graduates all and smarter than the average bear -- who will
seriously tell me about how dangerous mj is and how it
destroys the lives of those who use it and who, in the
very next sentence, will tell me how they and their
friends -- now CPAs, engineers, med students -- used
pot regularly through high school and college.  And
they don't see the contradiction between these statements.

We're not just talking ignorance here -- we are talking
deep down, serious, religious indoctrination.

--Buford C. Terrell, Professor of Law, South Texas College of Law

Offline Aqua Fortis

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »
Go ahead, ex dude, call me a name. Call me another one if you get off on it so much. I suspect now that you are incapable of answering the questions I asked you, so no biggy.  

Aqua Fortis         :wave: