Author Topic: The Whooter Show - Cancelled  (Read 13336 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
The Whooter Show - Cancelled
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »
Good morning.  And what a wonderful morning it is.  Let me be the first to pass on the good news that Whooter has been sentenced to a lifetime ban from Fornits.  Finally he has been held accountable for his atrocious behavior and his obsessive/compulsive disorder will have to be satisfied via other endeavors.

Since I know you're reading but can't respond, let me just give it to you "straight out".  Say it with me now...

Ha,Ha,Ha!
 :cheers:  :twofinger:  :soapbox:  :deal:  :roflmao:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Whooter Show - Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
Whooter wouldn't have been other than background noise if everyone had ignored him.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Good morning.  And what a wonderful morning it is.  Let me be the first to pass on the good news that Whooter has been sentenced to a lifetime ban from Fornits.  Finally he has been held accountable for his atrocious behavior and his obsessive/compulsive disorder will have to be satisfied via other endeavors.

Since I know you're reading but can't respond, let me just give it to you "straight out".  Say it with me now...

Ha,Ha,Ha!
 :cheers:  :twofinger:  :soapbox:  :deal:  :roflmao:

I need the deets!  How/why did this happen?  I just told Gatekeeper via PM that I'm just about done with Fornits (yeah, yeah...nobody cares, I know).  It's just so tiresome and accomplishes nothing.   And I disagree that if we'd all just have ignored him, he'd have gone away or become background noise.  His profession, IMO, is marketing a/k/a shilling in addition to being a narcissist (yes, internet dx, I know) that could NEVER admit wrong. He's very skilled at it and convinces potential program parents that what they're doing is right and I just couldn't let that go by.  

Glad he's gone but I do wish someone "on the other side" that is sensible, with some integrity would come along.  That, IMO again, is what makes progress.....being able to have a serious dialogue about the TTI and what it actually does.

My .02

Oh, and DJ.....

Ha,Ha,Ha!

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Damn that was annoying.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
I disagree.  That had been tried before.  Whooter was so insidious that if you just ignored him he would spam post your threads into oblivion.  If you engaged him you'd get the same result.  His only intention was to muddy the waters so badly that nobody could find any information they were looking for.  Failing that he would just start posting that people sexually molested their own children, which, to an outside reader, is the point where they say "This site is ridiculous!" and stop looking, which was Whooter's goal - to drive information seekers away from Fornits and to program marketing sites.  

Now that will stop and we can get back to real discussions like we had before Whooter arrived.  You may not see that, Oscar, because Whooter was here when you got here, so you don't know how nice it was before to deal with just your standard industry trolls. Whooter literally dedicated every moment of every day into destroying this resource and he was successful for six years.  It had to be stopped sometime.

I took it upon myself to make that happen and when I put my mind to it, it was over very quickly. Whooter was outsmarted, outmaneuvered and, due to his mental illness, outmatched psychologically and intellectually.  If you take off the two months of "deliberations" on the case, Whooter was rolled up in a matter of 4 weeks.  It was well worth the effort to get some peace and quiet around here.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »
He wasn't "sentenced" to anything.  He made a contract with you and he broke it.  His behavior had nothing to do with anything.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
 His only intention was to muddy the waters so badly that nobody could find any information they were looking for.  Failing that he would just start posting that people sexually molested their own children, which, to an outside reader, is the point where they say "This site is ridiculous!" and stop looking, which was Whooter's goal - to drive information seekers away from Fornits and to program marketing sites.  

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Now that will stop and we can get back to real discussions like we had before Whooter arrived.  You may not see that, Oscar, because Whooter was here when you got here, so you don't know how nice it was before to deal with just your standard industry trolls. Whooter literally dedicated every moment of every day into destroying this resource and he was successful for six years.  It had to be stopped sometime.

That's true.  There were many, many true discussions before his arrival.  He made this site miserable and virtually unreadable.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 10:02:12 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I need the deets! How/why did this happen? I just told Gatekeeper via PM that I'm just about done with Fornits (yeah, yeah...nobody cares, I know). It's just so tiresome and accomplishes nothing.

You're not the only one who has expressed this by word or deed, Anne.  Most regular posters are gone from Fornits.  Many have said outright that they no longer want the hassle of dealing with Whooter and they felt like their posts could never be found, which is exactly Whooter's goal.  Many just quit trying and I have recieved PMs from at least 10 regulars here telling me that explicitly.  Even the mods and admin basically abdicated the responsibility for policing Whooter because he wore them out, too.  They basically punted.

Whooter brought the program here.  He lied, manipulated, twisted and lied some more, all with the intent to discredit abuse victims and bury their stories which he accomplished completely.  Many posters felt like they didn't want to "fight the program again" and simply walked away.  Some tried to "fight back" but when you are dealing with an adversary with literally unlimited time and resources, how can you actually fight back?  You can't.  He just wears you down until you quit, just like the program.  This place was never meant to be like that and it never was until Whooter set up shop.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »

Whooter brought the program here.  He lied, manipulated, twisted and lied some more, all with the intent to discredit abuse victims and bury their stories which he accomplished completely.  Many posters felt like they didn't want to "fight the program again" and simply walked away.  Some tried to "fight back" but when you are dealing with an adversary with literally unlimited time and resources, how can you actually fight back?  You can't.  He just wears you down until you quit, just like the program.  This place was never meant to be like that and it never was until Whooter set up shop.

:tup:  :tup:

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
He wasn't "sentenced" to anything.  He made a contract with you and he broke it.  His behavior had nothing to do with anything.

OK.  But his inability to control his behavior drove him to break the contract twice and now he must suffer the consequences for it.  However you want to cut it up.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
http://download.cnet.com/xB-Browser/3000-2144_4-10586817.html

Best way to get around a forum ban.

Why would you post that?  Do you miss him?

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
http://download.cnet.com/xB-Browser/3000-2144_4-10586817.html

Best way to get around a forum ban.

Why would you post that?  Do you miss him?

Cause he's a trouble maker like the gatekeeper.
?©?€~¥@

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
Whooter literally dedicated every moment of every day into destroying this resource and he was successful for six years.  It had to be stopped sometime.

I took it upon myself to make that happen and when I put my mind to it, it was over very quickly. Whooter was outsmarted, outmaneuvered and, due to his mental illness, outmatched psychologically and intellectually.  If you take off the two months of "deliberations" on the case, Whooter was rolled up in a matter of 4 weeks.  It was well worth the effort to get some peace and quiet around here.

And a fine piece of work it was my friend  :notworthy:  Congratulations and enjoy this day. If you can, give us some more details. I didn't realize Whoot had a contract with you concerning his behavior. I am assuming he had pledged to stop PMing you or somethin but then his OCD drove him to do it anyway?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Whooter literally dedicated every moment of every day into destroying this resource and he was successful for six years.  It had to be stopped sometime.

And a fine piece of work it was my friend  :notworthy:  Congratulations and enjoy this day. If you can, give us some more details. I didn't realize Whoot had a contract with you concerning his behavior. I am assuming he had pledged to stop PMing you or somethin but then his OCD drove him to do it anyway?

Pretty much in a nutshell, yes.  But I can't get too excited because he has an appeal in the works.  I believe I effectively struck it down, but we have to wait for the decision from the "mod panel".  If the ban gets upheld I will release the case file for public consumption.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
I don’t  agree with the banning as you probably would guess.  But I will not appeal the decision.

Thank you everyone for what I have learned here.  When I first placed my daughter in ASR I thought that all programs were safe and fornits opened my eyes to the fact that the industry is mostly unregulated and I was lucky that I chose ASR versus a program which may have done harm to her.

If I were to do things over again I would have done them a little differently and researched more.  I realize now how much more local services there are available to parents with kids at risk.
I have more knowledge today to take with me on my travels due to the people of fornits.

Take Care everyone.