Author Topic: Re: Shocking I know, but Dr. Drew is a real asshole.  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Shocking I know, but Dr. Drew is a real asshole.
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
More on Dr. Drew and Celebrity Rehab....

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php ... y_rehab_pu

Troubled 70's pop star Leif Garrett has prompted a war of words between himself and the producers of VH1 reality show "Celebrity Rehab" after accusing them of accelerating his 2010 drug relapse for dramatic effect.

The singer, who has been battling drug abuse for years, checked into the latest season of Celebrity Rehab in a bid to kick his habit, but in a new Los Angeles Times interview, Garrett claims producers encouraged him to relapse in a bid to boost ratings.

He says, "(The producers) asked to get some footage of me using, and I said, 'I haven't been using'. They said, 'We really have to get footage of you using.' Anyway, I was easily talked into showing them."

Scott Acord, vice president of VH1 Communications, has denied Garrett's claim, stating, "The show's producers would never ask anyone to use... PERIOD."

Garrett, 49, filmed his segments for the reality show with actors Eric Roberts and Jeremy London.

Since the show the singer has pleaded no contest to a 2010 heroin possession charge and entered court-ordered rehab.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »
Cant lead a normal life post heroin? go to meetings? Huh? Thanks for the hope,dickhead.....He should think before he speaks. I think HIS LAME REHAB and its "hey kids, lets watch the trainwreck" show are self serving..pissfaced fucknugget.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"
Cant lead a normal life post heroin? go to meetings? Huh? Thanks for the hope,dickhead.....He should think before he speaks. I think HIS LAME REHAB and its "hey kids, lets watch the trainwreck" show are self serving..pissfaced fucknugget.

OK fucker, since YOU say so,THAT makes it so....20 odd years of bein out of my arm is what?
a misteak? An accident? Is this what qualifies as expert opinion? I d say stick your opinion,celebrity rehab,sober house,12 steps, and your phd up your ass. Then again they wont fit past your head. Dildo. :ftard:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline reformed12stepper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »
this is a common mentality among some 12 steppers (In fairness not all) He says you can never recover from heroin use but I have also heard that about meth. it is simply not true. It does take some work to get past an addictive behavior and in my case it did require getting away for a while for medically supervised rehab because i did reel a strong physical attachment to the stuff that was hard to get past initially. But to tell people this, particularly when they are really struggling is really irresponsible. It is a very disempowering and nihilistic out look and it alarms me that this guy is using his medical credentials to spout such nonsense. There is also an arrogance to it that infuriates me. i know a woman who in addition to going to rehab went to church every day. It seemed to really help her. But for very good reason you dont hear doctors saying that uless you go to church all the time you can never recover. Yet this guy can assume without evidence that because someone has not recovered his way, they are a junkie who will die.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"

::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::