Author Topic: Dr Donald Ian Mac Donald  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Dr Donald Ian Mac Donald
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
I keep thinking about a giant PSychedelic puppet circus protest demonstration...with a thousand people and signs and the press and big tripping puppets on stilts and a story line....A 20 foot tall Mel Sembler, Father Cassian, Dr. Fucktard and a sea of brainwashed druggies motivating...the rules all on billboards and Hippie playing harp on a crazy loudspeaker....it would be alot of fun...burning Straight man...in St. Pete...

a show and protest and something fun for the whole family....

a spectak

:rofl:  :tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »
Hey if theres gonna be nekkid ,trippin hippie chicks I might show up. :roflmao:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
MACDONALD, DONALD IAN: Files, 1981-1988 – REAGAN LIB. COLLEC
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
Here's a link to the list of what's in the Reagan Library Collection for Dr. Donald Ian MacDonald. Some stuff is available for public consumption, some not yet, and possibly, some not ever. Given the length of the list, just the introduction follows:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

MACDONALD, DONALD IAN: Files, 1981-1988 – REAGAN LIBRARY COLLECTIONS

Parts or all of this collection or series of Presidential records are not currently processed or available for research.  Some folders, segments or whole boxes are processed and are currently available for research. This available material is noted in bold.

The non-bolded folders listed in these inventories are subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests under the provisions of the Presidential Records Act (PRA)

If you are interested in submitting a FOIA request for access to any of the unprocessed records listed in these inventories or have any questions about these collections or series, please contact our archival staff at 1-800-410-8354, outside the US at 1-805-577-4012, or email [email protected]

MACDONALD, DONALD IAN: Files, 1987-1988

Special Assistant to the President for Drug Abuse Policy, and Director of the White House Drug Abuse Policy Office,1987-1988

Deputy Assistant to the President, and Director of the Drug Abuse Policy Office, 1988-1989

Donald Ian MacDonald was born in New York City in 1931. He received his M.D. from Temple University Medical School in 1958. Prior to joining the Reagan Administration, he was a practicing pediatrician in Clearwater, Florida, and a national leader in the parents' movement against drug abuse. In 1984 MacDonald left his medical practice to become Administrator of the Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration (ADAMHA), a unit within the Department of Health and Human Services. While he was ADAMHA Adminstriator, he also served as acting head of the U.S. Public Health Service from December 1985 to July 1986.

In February 1987 MacDonald was appointed head of the Reagan White House's Drug Abuse Policy Office, with the additional role of advising President Reagan on the Administration response to the AIDS epidemic. At the same time, MacDonald continued to lead ADAMHA, as Interim Director, until a new Director took over in June 1988. After MacDonald was replaced at ADAMHA, he was promoted from a White House Special Assistant to a Deputy Assistant.

Many documents in this collection were originally created or utilized by Carlton E. Turner, who preceded MacDonald as head of the Drug Abuse Policy Office. Some folder titles include numeric or alphanumeric codes, whose purpose is not clear at this time.

The Donald Ian MacDonald collection has been arranged by the Library Staff and the following is the preliminary container list. The Library has received numerous Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for this material, including a request for the entire collection. We have begun processing the request for the entire collection and this material is represented at the beginning of the inventory for Boxes 1-7. The remainder of the available folders is responsive to other MacDonald and/or subject FOIA requests and is still shown contained with "OA" numbered boxes.[/list]

dragonfly

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
    This is the ball I had hoped would get rolling once I started this thread. I just didnt want it to be a Seamus says thread. Im so glad others want to look past the obvious Mel Sembler shit. Ive had suspicion all along that this was the case. But I still believe that this tale is told by many mouths,not just mine. thanks,seriously.  Theres more to this than meets the eye, elsewise why would it have continued so long unimpeded?  In the docs that Ursus posted,there are 2 really troubling things.
     first the past tense reference about medical reasearch, that appears prior to the numbered sections of the agreement, which would lead one to believe something took place even prior to MacDonalds involvement...( hey ,re-read it,and LOOK)
     And second just whom the results of proposed furthur research would be shared with( I believe it says medical and LAY persons) again who exactly would these Lay people be?  Law enforcement? Academics? Joe Schmoe?....would this leave the door open for something darker?
        I seriously wonder.  Were they gettin ready to pimp us all out for something? It may sound paraniod,but thats never stopped me before,so Ill say it.   Do you ever wonder if there wasnt something IN the cool-aid? More to the picture somehow?
    Just wtf were they REALLY up to?
     Again I say If you have a hunch, if you have suspicions....pursue them. And again thanks.
    It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Arnold Trebach on Donald Ian Macdonald
    « Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
    Here's an excerpt from Pete Brady's article "Straight, Incorporated" (November 12, 2001, Cannabis Culture Magazine), in which Arnold Trebach recalls encountering Donald Ian MacDonald as a co-panelist at a drug conference in Australia:

Arnold Trebach: "Many premier medical people... have been involved in organizations that harm youth."[/list]

Dr Arnold Trebach, a political science professor, public interest attorney, and author, founded the [Trebach I]nstitute in 1999 after retiring from the Drug Policy Foundation, which he founded in 1986.

During his 50 year career as a civil rights official, professor, and reform advocate, the 73-year-old Trebach has increasingly focused on the drug war as a symbol of what's wrong with America.

Trebach's 1987 book, The Great Drug War, is perhaps the best single volume about the subject. Its unparalleled credibility and comprehensiveness are grounded in Trebach's abundant skills as a policy analyst, legal scholar, and investigative journalist.

The book contains a chapter describing in chilling detail the incarceration of Fred Collins, now a doctorate-holding professor of mathematics, in the St Petersburg Straight facility in 1982. Collins did not have a drug abuse problem, but his brother George was already in the program, and Straight often demanded that siblings of inmates also be enrolled in residential treatment. Fred Collins' parents tricked him into entering the Straight building. He was held there in abysmal conditions against his will until he escaped four months later.

During Mel Sembler's tenure as ambassador to Australia, Trebach attended an international drug conference in the "land down under."

"A pediatrician from St Petersburg, Donald Ian Macdonald, Straight's medical director, was on a panel with me," Trebach recalls. "He gave a speech saying that I represent the worst of America, that it was despicable that he had to share the stage with a drug pusher. In my response, I said, 'Dr Macdonald, thank you for revealing to this international audience, and our American ambassador and his wife, the viciousness and cowardice of drug warriors. You've worked at the right hand of the president of the United States, and I want everybody here to know that adopting American drug policy means adopting these vicious and cowardly sentiments.'

"During the evening session," continued Trebach, "my wife and I were sitting near Holland's head of drug policy when Mel Sembler got up and said, 'I'm glad that everyone is here, including Dr Trebach and Dr Macdonald. I have some experience in this field - I formed a drug treatment program called Straight Incorporated, to help children.' The Dutch official said to me, 'Oh, I have heard about that program. It's the Hitler Youth.'"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
      Article mentioning Dr. Donald Ian Macdonald's speaking at a press conference and reception in support of the program Turnaround Inc. on March 14, 1987: Link.

Turnaround Inc. was a L.I.F.E. Inc. spinoff, founded by P.R.I.D.E. of Polk County (Winter Haven, FL).

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
      « Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 10:58:17 AM »
      God is McDonald a quack or what.  I speak from personal experience, been knowing him for almost 50 years.