Author Topic: Dr Donald Ian Mac Donald  (Read 6643 times)

dragonfly

Re: Dr Donald Ian Mac Donald
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
Ah yes, Dr. Mac.  He was my doc when I was a kid and his son was my newcomer.   He treated me well when I was a kid. Not sure where his downfall was.  I am still suprised he drank so much of the kool aid and is such a supporter.   My mom still stays in touch with them.  He should also go down and be put in jail for his role in the straight thing.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
Yeah, and I was thinkin somthin similar about Dr Schwartz, who put me in the program, literally talked to my folks and put me in the program, $tr8 inc.
 And when I was near the end a my  "program", "Dr". Schwartz ran into me in the parking lot of the loading dock at $tr8, Springfield, VA,(the Greater Washington, D.C. Program) and said something to me along the lines a "I was gonna make it after-all"  That was his ego talkin. ..
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
Carry on...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
from Wes Fager's webpage on 'Straight and Medical Research'
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »
MacDonald is mentioned in this excerpt from Wes's webpage on 'Straight and Medical Research':

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

...Like attorneys and politicians, medical doctors are special recruitment targets for Straight. Especially pediatricians. Consider, for example a Clearwater, Florida pediatrician named Don Ian Macdonald. In 1979 he sent his 15 year-old son Andy across the bay to Straight in Saint Petersburg. Dr. Macdonald went on to head Straight's medical research program. But before we discuss him you have to understand his teacher—Dr. George Ross. And before you can understand Dr. Ross you have to know about Helen Petermann.

Maybe George Ross had narrowly dodged three bullets, but three years later he attended a White House meeting with Dr. Donald Ian Macdonald as part of the White House Conference for a Drug Free America.

You recall that Macdonald, a Clearwater pediatrician, who placed his 15 year-old son, Andy, in Straight-Saint Pete? When Dr. Macdonald placed his boy in Straight in 1979, after learning that Andy's "drug of choice was marijuana", he became a natural target for Straight. Not only was he a pediatrician with a kid in trouble but his wife Bobbie was active in Pinellas County Republican politics and even served on the Indian Rocks Beach City Commission. In 1988 she told a reporter for the Lexington Herald-Leader that Andy owed his life to Straight and added, "and he knows it." When Macdonald wrote an article on drug abuse for NIDA in 1981, he referenced Miller Newton. In 1982 Macdonald served with Robert DuPont on NIDA's Workgroup on Marijuana Abuse in Adolescence. [Robert DuPont had been the founding director of NIDA, the second White House Drug Czar and a paid Straight consultant.]

In 1982 Dr. Macdonald became Straight's National Research Director. In 1984 he authored the book Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Abuse which pushed five juvenile drug rehab program models. One of those programs was Straight, Inc. On page 16 he shows those four silly diagrams of druggie mood swings that he got from Miller Newton—the same charts that all Straight parents get bombarded with when they go through the "Six New Parent Raps" produced by Dr. Newton. In 1984 he became director of the Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Mental Health Administration. In 1985 he was appointed acting assistant secretary of the Health and Human Services Department. And in 1987 Dr. Donald Ian Macdonald, M.D. became The White House Drug Czar for Ronald Reagan.

Vice President George Bush shedding a tear at a Straight-St Pete Open Meeting in March 1987. On his right is Florida Congressman Michael Bilirakis.[/list]
    While in Washington Dr. Macdonald's daughter Sally worked for Florida Republican Congressman Michael Bilirakis shown with George Bush above at a Straight Open Meeting.  [Saint Petersburg Times, Jan 17, 1989, Section: National, p. 1A,] It was during his time as the White House Drug Czar that he invited his old mentor Dr. George Ross over to the White House and admitted to a reporter that he knew "almost nothing" about drug addiction before meeting George Ross. [LEXINGTON HERALD-LEADER, March 2, 1988, page B1, SECTION: CITY/STATE]

dragonfly

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »
    Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
    Yeah, and I was thinkin somthin similar about Dr Schwartz, who put me in the program, literally talked to my folks and put me in the program, $tr8 inc.
     And when I was near the end a my  "program", "Dr". Schwartz ran into me in the parking lot of the loading dock at $tr8, Springfield, VA,(the Greater Washington, D.C. Program) and said something to me along the lines a "I was gonna make it after-all"  That was his ego talkin. ..

Was that Marvin Schwartz from Chicago,Il.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:18 PM »
    Quote from: "heretik"
    I believe Pirate is referring to a Richard H. Schwartz, M.D., a pediatrician from Fairfax, Virginia. Like Donald Ian McDonald, he too had a son enrolled in Straight.

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Quote from: "heretik"
    I believe Pirate is referring to a Richard H. Schwartz, M.D., a pediatrician from Fairfax, Virginia. Like Donald Ian McDonald, he too had a son enrolled in Straight.
    Yeah.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Dr Donald Ian MacDonald - Straight, Inc. employment contract
    « Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »
    I assume this is Don Ian MacDonald's employment contract with Straight, Inc., yes? This also comes from Wes Fager's webpage titled 'Straight and Medical Research'. Fwiw, interestingly enough, linked copy of this document does not display Dr. MacDonald's signature, only that of James Hartz.

Because Straight, Inc. has found it beneficial to be involved in Medical Research, we mutually agree to the following responsibilities for the position of Director of Medical Research:

1) Through the Director of Medical Research, Straight has the opportunity to provide much information about juvenile drug users and the effects of drugs on them. The Director of Medical Research will seek investigators and projects which are worthwhile and practical. Publishing the results will not only benefit the medical and lay community but will enhance the reputation of Straight.

2) The Director of Medical Research will provide a list of individuals and organizations with whom he has contact due to his speaking engagements.

3) The Director of Medical Research will aggressively seek to establish a positive rapport between organizations like PRIDE, NFP, ETC. AND Straight, Inc.

4) The Director of Medical Research will act as a friend and consultant to Straight, Inc. and assist where asked to do so.

5) Either Straight, Inc. or the the Director of Medical Research may terminate the agreement for services if it is felt by the Executive Director that the Director of Medical Research is not fulfilling his responsibilities or is no longer necessary for the functioning of the program. Likewise, the Director of Medical Research may terminate the agreement if he feels it is no longer in his best interest to be involved with the program.

<sig>

April 15, 1982

Offline seamus

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
    What aload of shitI never agreed to anything remotely like this. I cant addres my mom ,but my father would have been fuckin batshit over something like this. I can give you 99% probability on it. He told me why He thought str8 was horseshit, but he would have seen this bs as being an abomination. His Irish ass probably would a done something to someone over this.Un-fucking believable. The old confidentuality till its un-profitable or inconvienient story ,why the fuck am I shocked?

wait wait whats this having found past tense bullshit, just wtf happened BEFORE this? And the whole medical and LAY reference? Goddamn glad i opened this can o worms (or am I?)
                         Enhancing str8s reputation,at our expense.So we were gettin pimped out too? Typical ,making more money on the misery of others.   In todays climate would it be out of line to hang or burn someone in effagy?
    It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 09:42:27 AM »
    Quote from: "seamus"
    In today's climate would it be out of line to hang or burn someone in effigy?

Nope!

Offline seamus

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »
    Tar and feathers anyone???????? :roflmao:
    It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

dragonfly

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
    Quote from: "kpickle39"
    Ah yes, Dr. Mac.  He should also go down and be put in jail for his role in the straight thing.

Right on! I didn't know this particular quack but I would like to see all of them hauled into the dock to answer for their behavior. I will die a happy man if i just get to see somebody like Miller Newton standing before a judge with his jail uniform and chains on his hands and feet. A truly beautiful dream. I don't want to wake up.