Author Topic: RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL SACS ACCREDITATION  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL SACS ACCREDITATION STILL A JOKE
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »
Hello?  Are you serious?  Math (Algebra, Geometry, Trig, etc), Science( Biology,chemistry, etc) English, History( American, Modern European, etc.),Spanish/French, Special Education, Electives(Art, Drama)....  They have not and do not have enough teachers certified in said subject areas.  tHEIR ACCREDTATION IS COMING UP, THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE HIRING,  The teachers have always been cross-utilized without the permission of SACS.  How?  SACS has always been on the periphery and lied to, period.  SACS needed to cover themselves after Dr. Flatt's debacle with HiddenLake Academy.  So good-bye Dr. Flatt.  Then, when one calls SACS, one is informed that information regarding HLA/RCS has been moved to their main headquarters because of the sensitivity/debacle/mishandling of the accreditation.

How do we all know this?  We LIVED it, research.

I cannot phathom why one would continuously attempt to debate something to which they are not educated about. It stands to reason one would wish to debate something that they are knowledgeable about rather than look ignorant.  I certainly would not debate physics.  It's not my area of expertise.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Hello?  Are you serious?  Math (Algebra, Geometry, Trig, etc), Science( Biology,chemistry, etc) English, History( American, Modern European, etc.),Spanish/French, Special Education, Electives(Art, Drama)....  They have not and do not have enough teachers certified in said subject areas.  tHEIR ACCREDTATION IS COMING UP, THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE HIRING,  The teachers have always been cross-utilized without the permission of SACS.  How?  SACS has always been on the periphery and lied to, period.  SACS needed to cover themselves after Dr. Flatt's debacle with HiddenLake Academy.  So good-bye Dr. Flatt.  Then, when one calls SACS, one is informed that information regarding HLA/RCS has been moved to their main headquarters because of the sensitivity/debacle/mishandling of the accreditation.

I cannot phathom why one would continuously attempt to debate something to which they are not educated about. It stands to reason one would wish to debate something that they are knowledgeable about rather than look ignorant.  I certainly would not debate physics.  It's not my area of expertise.

I talk about it and post because it is interesting to me.  I would think the number of students would drive what type of teachers they need and how many.  If they only have a few students then they could not afford to staff a full time teacher for every dedicated subject. They would have to rely on cross utilization.  The other question would be how many of the teachers need to be certified and licensed with the state?  If they do not hand out diplomas then do they need to be accredited?  These therapeutic schools do not fit into any category that the state has set up so they are specialty schools.. kids do not attend for 4 years, many have dropped out of school all together and need to get back on track.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 07:37:29 PM »
Mr. Mull stated in 2010 Summary on the SACS site "ADVANCED ED" there were 100(I sincerely hope not) children at RCS...  Mr. Mull also stated that 20% require special education.  Do the math.  Read the staff credentials.  SACS accreditation is coming up.  They NEED a CERTIFIED Special Education teacher, as well as other teachers that do not have an M.Ed. in Psychology teaching subjects.  It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the SACS requirements: teachers teach in their certified/schooled subject areas.  No cross utilization is allowed without permission of SACS. SACS had no clue this was going on when it was HLA, until informed.  Obviously, if Mr. Mull is correct, 20% of the children last year needed Special Ed. Dah.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »
Mr. Mull stated in 2010 Summary on the SACS site "ADVANCED ED" there were 100(I sincerely hope not) children at RCS...  Mr. Mull also stated that 20% require special education.  Do the math.  Read the staff credentials.  SACS accreditation is coming up.  They NEED a CERTIFIED Special Education teacher, as well as other teachers that do not have an M.Ed. in Psychology teaching subjects.  It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the SACS requirements: teachers teach in their certified/schooled subject areas.  No cross utilization is allowed without permission of SACS. SACS had no clue this was going on when it was HLA, until informed.  Obviously, if Mr. Mull is correct, 20% of the children last year needed Special Ed. Dah.

If the kids required special education and did not receive it then that is bad, I agree, hopefully the parents knew.  Does RCS need accreditation from SACS?  Do they need this to receive state appointed kids?

I think we need to keep in the back of our minds that this is not a 4 year school.  They take kids for as little as 6 months and many of these kids are not even going to school and have issues that go way beyond the class room... getting them to read a book or sit still for 45 minutes may be the biggest challenge.  Their local highschool may be accredited and have the best teachers in the state but that does not do the kids any good if they dont go to school.  A big step may be to just get these kids into class rooms and start opening books.
If RCS is breaking any laws I am not defending that. I am defending the fact that they dont have the advantage and the time that other boarding schools have.  RCS does not have a majority of kids who want to be there, many of the kids dont want to study or sit in classes.

They have a special challenge.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »

Why continuously debate? The money's good... or it's more fun than the entertainment in the psych ward.
Of all the people the shill has been accused of being, I think it's most likely that he's a hired PR person. Fornits makes him earn his money. LOL

Has anyone contacted SACs about the inadequate teaching staff? At what point would they revoke accreditation?
Does SAC answer to anyone? Who monitors the monitors? LOL

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
There's the humour I missed:)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 01:02:23 PM »
:bump: for Bonney...
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
This is just unbelievable.

Science lab ??  Remember all those grueling hours spent in the Bio lab and  the Chemistry lab in High School?  They were necessary to gain credit for the courses.

ANNOUNCEMENT BY RIDGE CREEK

"Monday, February 14, 2011

First Therapeutic School to Receive Accreditation by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Ridge Creek School is proud that we were the first therapeutic school in the country to apply for and receive accreditation by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). We feel that this definitely paved the way for greater opĀ­ opportunities for all struggling students to receive placement consideration and acceptance at colleges and traditional boarding schools.

SACS is now known as AdvancED and our 5 year reaccreditation team has just left campus. We are very pleased that not only are they recommending us for continued accreditation but that they commended us for the remarkable commitment of all staff to the success of Ridge Creek School students. They were especially impressed by our professional atmosphere where students feel concern, care and respect from adults. All students who were interviewed said that they would rather be somewhere else especially during the first 6-8 weeks but when asked if in 3-5 years they would look back on this as a positive experience, all students interviewed resoundingly said "YES"."