Author Topic: Ridge Creek - Official Shill Thread  (Read 16212 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek - Parent Testimonials
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 12:52:45 PM »
Thanks, DJ, for pointing this out.  Dont be too hard on Anne Bonney.  This was the last testimonial before the interuption, lets get back on track.

Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Brain-dead RCS Parent"
Sending him away to RCS 24 months ago was the hardest decision my husband and I ever made!

24 months in kiddie jail, lady?  The "program" is only 12 months and you made your kid do a "double"?  Fascinating and disturbing at the same time...

This goes to show that RCS will keep a kid as long as the parents keep paying.

Quote from: "Brain-dead RCS Parent"
After graduation our son went on to the University of Maine where he majored in Anthropology.  I cannot express how satisfied I am with your staff and how you helped our son.  He is engaged to a wonderful girl and they have plans to marry in the fall.

I am glad things worked out for this family.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Ridge Creek School Parent:

]“I can honestly say that I shall miss RCS more than my child. At the conclusion of my initial tour of the school, I told the admissions person to please just give me my daughter back. He said that the school would do everything possible to make that happen. And you did” I will always marvel and respect RCS’s ability to take threads of despair, anger, distrust and hurt in families and weave them back together in the form of hope, faith, renewed trust and harmony

:eek:   Wow.....that speaks volumes.

It does, we agree here, Anne.

And you wonder why people accuse you of being dishonest and disingenuous.  You conveniently changed my bolded, red hi-light to fit your own agenda.

You altered it first to further your agenda, Anne.  Why the double standard?

No, I bolded the pertinent piece.  You bolded a section that I did not and then declared "we agree here Anne."  Be as obtuse as you want, we can see thru it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »

No, I bolded the pertinent piece.  You bolded a section that I did not and then declared "we agree here Anne."  Be as obtuse as you want, we can see thru it.

Pertinent to you maybe, but the author had more to say.  You were taking their words out of context, i.e. dishonest and disingenuous.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »
Here's some context about RCS:

Link

Quote from: "goose"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

Quote from: "goose"
Not at this time, I am just seeking information right now and ran across this site, started reading and was stunned to see this report in just about every thread about this school. It just shocked me and upset me to see how many times this report was being used as “proof” how bad the kids were at the school. From the information I have learned, first hand, and second hand (my son), I will handle things in my own time.

More surprised than anything at this point that six month old reports are the best you have. There is more out there.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
Here is some more input:

A Parent speaks:

“My son, has been at Ridge Creek Boarding School for 18 months. We tried many different things before sending him there. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 6 yrs.old. He was always a handful for his teachers even though he is very smart. He was always a handful for his parents, too. We did fine in middle school but in high school it all fell apart. He got in with the wrong crowd. He started doing drugs and thinking it was making him popular began selling them, too. We took him to a rehab and left him there for observation and they said he needed to be there but our insurance co. said it wasn’t “bad enough yet” and wouldn’t pay. So he came home and within a couple of months he had been picked up by police twice and taken to the detention center. Each time I said to them, “Please help me” because I didn’t know what to do. I never tried to get him off because I knew he needed help. They sent him to a mental health facility for 2 weeks trying to get his meds right. The day after he got home he was in a very bad wreck. By this time since he had already been in trouble with the law they would admit him to the rehab facility. Because of a comment he made there he was locked up at the D-home for 5 weeks and was sent to a state run boot-camp for 92 days. I had hopes this would help. When he came back he was placed on probation for 5 1/2 months. Soon as he got off he was back in trouble. I knew we had to do something drastic. Going to a therapeutic boarding school was a difficult decision for me. For one it is very expensive, and I knew he would be gone for a long time. But one of his friends had already died from a drug overdose. Several more had been sent to rehab and many more were on probation. Thankfully we had family that offered to help pay or we could not have done this. Well, in 5 weeks our son will be graduating from high school and will be starting college in Jan.!! It has not been easy and there have been times when I didn’t know if we would make it. Knowing what I know now, would I send him to RCS again?? You bet I would!!! My only regret is he should have been there 2 years before he got there. RCS has done what I could not do for my child. They have hopefully given my son the tools to make better choices in life. Now it’s up to him.

RCS, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.”

Link

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:49:35 PM by Whooter »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »

Pertinent to you maybe, but the author had more to say.  You were taking their words out of context, i.e. dishonest and disingenuous.

So, when you changed the bolded part I had and said "we agree here Anne", you were just being your normal sanctimonious asshole then.  Gotcha.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
This is why we can't have nice things and why I've been avoiding Fornits lately.  It's of no use.  Whooter lies, twists, distorts, deflects and on and on and on.  I get really, REALLY tired of it.

Besides, I'm busy getting ready for Hawaii.  :seg:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »
This is why we can't have nice things and why I've been avoiding Fornits lately.  It's of no use.  Whooter lies, twists, distorts, deflects and on and on and on.  I get really, REALLY tired of it.

Have fun in Hawaii, sorry you are upset over our conversation.  You seem to always want to work your own agenda without recognizing that other people have opinions also.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »

sorry you are upset over our conversation.

Just stop.   You're no more irritating than a gnat.  Don't inflate yourself to more than that.

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
You have to be careful to filter what Whooter says about RCS.  He's on the payroll.  That's why he's here promoting RCS and doing damage control.  Just an FYI.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »

Just stop.   You're no more irritating than a gnat.  Don't inflate yourself to more than that.

Anne, you are attacking and derailing this thread again.  Lets keep it to Parent Testimonials

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »

Anne, you are attacking and derailing this thread again.  Lets keep it to Parent Testimonials

This parents says that if you're considering sending your kid off to one of these re-education camps, then you're not doing your job as a parent.   :twofinger:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

This parents says that if you're considering sending your kid off to one of these re-education camps, then you're not doing your job as a parent.   :twofinger:

Sorry, but you are wrong, Anne,  the majority of parents do not agree with you in my estimation.  Most every parent I know tries their best to help their kids even outside the local area.  They dont restrict help for their children by distance.

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
But "trying their best to help their kids" means not using the services of the programs which are pure quackery.

Sending Junior to a quack factory isn't "helping".

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »
But "trying their best to help their kids" means not using the services of the programs which are pure quackery.

Sending Junior to a quack factory isn't "helping".

I agree, here with you a bit DJ, the parents should seek out the best help for their child.  I would not recommend those programs which are quackery or utilize unproven methods.  The parents need to investigate the options available to them and choose a direction which is best for their child and family.