Author Topic: Ridge Creek - Official Shill Thread  (Read 16219 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Ridge Creek - Official Shill Thread
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »
This thread is designed to showcase the efforts of RCS shills.  RCS is in "damage control mode" and has sent their shill (username "Whooter") to try to mitigate bad press and promote the facility by copying their marketing materials to Fornits.

Warning:  It's not pretty.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:04:09 PM by Dysfunction Junction »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek - Parent Testimonials
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Some parents of kids who attended RCS have posted their experiences here.  I have gathered their testimonials from various threads and aggregated them here for ease of reading.

A Parent speaks:

“My son, has been at Ridge Creek Boarding School for 18 months. We tried many different things before sending him there. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 6 yrs.old. He was always a handful for his teachers even though he is very smart. He was always a handful for his parents, too. We did fine in middle school but in high school it all fell apart. He got in with the wrong crowd. He started doing drugs and thinking it was making him popular began selling them, too. We took him to a rehab and left him there for observation and they said he needed to be there but our insurance co. said it wasn’t “bad enough yet” and wouldn’t pay. So he came home and within a couple of months he had been picked up by police twice and taken to the detention center. Each time I said to them, “Please help me” because I didn’t know what to do. I never tried to get him off because I knew he needed help. They sent him to a mental health facility for 2 weeks trying to get his meds right. The day after he got home he was in a very bad wreck. By this time since he had already been in trouble with the law they would admit him to the rehab facility. Because of a comment he made there he was locked up at the D-home for 5 weeks and was sent to a state run boot-camp for 92 days. I had hopes this would help. When he came back he was placed on probation for 5 1/2 months. Soon as he got off he was back in trouble. I knew we had to do something drastic. Going to a therapeutic boarding school was a difficult decision for me. For one it is very expensive, and I knew he would be gone for a long time. But one of his friends had already died from a drug overdose. Several more had been sent to rehab and many more were on probation. Thankfully we had family that offered to help pay or we could not have done this. Well, in 5 weeks our son will be graduating from high school and will be starting college in Jan.!! It has not been easy and there have been times when I didn’t know if we would make it. Knowing what I know now, would I send him to RCS again?? You bet I would!!! My only regret is he should have been there 2 years before he got there. RCS has done what I could not do for my child. They have hopefully given my son the tools to make better choices in life. Now it’s up to him.

RCS, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.”

Link

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:48:55 AM by Whooter »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »
What was the biggest surprise coming to Ridge Creek Therapeutic Boarding School?

My biggest surprise was that I really began to like it here. I feel a part of something that is really good for me. I learn every day. I discover new things about myself everyday. It's weird, but great. Also, I discovered that the staff really cares. This isn't just a job for them. They like helping kids learn and grow. Finally, and this is probably the biggest surprise, you can change. You can learn from mistakes and let go of the past and change.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:40:43 PM by Whooter »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »
Link

Quote from: "goose"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

Not at this time, I am just seeking information right now and ran across this site, started reading and was stunned to see this report in just about every thread about this school. It just shocked me and upset me to see how many times this report was being used as “proof” how bad the kids were at the school. From the information I have learned, first hand, and second hand (my son), I will handle things in my own time.

More surprised than anything at this point that six month old reports are the best you have. There is more out there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »
“After graduating from RCS my son continued his education and graduated cum laude and received his Phi Beta Kappa recognition. He is a strapping 150 pounds now – afar cry from the 200 + prior to Ridge Creek. He had abandoned using all anti-depressants while at RCS and continues to remain off of them.

http://www.ridgecreekschool.com/testimonials.htm

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »
I CANNOT believe Kris Kennedy's "testimonial" is still up there! Her son, Patrick, went to HLA (not Ridge Creek School) and HE COMMITTED SUICIDE AFTER HE LEFT!!! What kind of success story is that?????

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
“How does a parent thank the staff and school that totally turned around their child? Sending him away to RCS 24 months ago was the hardest decision my husband and I ever made! Why was our son so angry? Why was he doing so poorly at school and at home? Was RCS the right place to address his needs? All of RCS have done a better job than we could have ever dreamed of. He is now a mature, thoughtful, caring young man and a pleasure to be around. Our son was accepted at his first choice college and has a career in mind. Most 18 year olds look on college as one big party. Not my son. His goal setting is remarkable. Thank all the staff from the bottom of my heart! Your guidance and wonderful program has made an enormous impact on my son’s life!”

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
“Our grandson is such a different young man than the one we left in your care in the beginning. My husband and I did not know if we were doing the right thing for him or not. As he said in his graduation speech, he thought we had given up on him and were abandoning him. We felt the same way. What a change! RCS gave him the confidence to participate in sports, to know that he could excel academically and to make friends and be accepted. Our tears at graduation were far different from the ones we shed when we first left him. Thank you for returning our boy to us!”

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:52:28 AM »
Link

Quote from: "Guest3"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

Goose: my child was beaten and attacked at HLA/RCS as well. Actually a total of three times. None of them were ever reported or written up so therefore they never occurred. Those disposable cameras came in handy because I still have the photos of the injuries. They went to ORS after my child was pulled. There was another boy that was attacked and beaten in the middle of the night with socks filled with bars of soap and coins.  Again, no report written up on that one either so guess what - it never occurred. I can site many more examples of the violent outbursts that took place that were never reported to the ORS or written up by the staff. The ORS reports will never be complete or accurate based on what we've experienced.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
“After graduating from RCS my son continued his education and graduated cum laude and received his Phi Beta Kappa recognition. He is a strapping 150 pounds now – afar cry from the 200 + prior to Ridge Creek. He had abandoned using all anti-depressants while at RCS and continues to remain off of them.

Whooter - This is from the old HLA web site. This boy never attended Ridge Creek School. This is blatant false advertising!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
I CANNOT believe Kris Kennedy's "testimonial" is still up there! Her son, Patrick, went to HLA (not Ridge Creek School) and HE COMMITTED SUICIDE AFTER HE LEFT!!! What kind of success story is that?????

That's pretty sad, Guest3.  The vultures at RCS are using this kid's story post mortem after his suicide.  He obviously didn't get the help he needed at HLA.  Now he's dead and RCS is exploiting him.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »

Whooter - This is from the old HLA web site. This boy never attended Ridge Creek School. This is blatant false advertising!!!!

Whooter doing false advertising for RCS?  Say it isn't so, Guest3.  I'm shocked!

You have to look into what Whooter posts because he's a liar.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »
Link

Quote from: "scroft"
Just for clarification sake for those of you who don't actually have the insight that I do, the majority of the students at RCS are actually NOT inner city. Another point is that my daughter attended that school and luckily we were able to get her out of there. All of this is true, as well as incident in Dec. with my daughter, where she was severely beaten, at the same time as a counselor. Gues who had to pay the medical expenses ? I did, because the privacy rights, of the other student had to be protected, as well as even though inadequate staffing allowed for this to occur, RCS did not pay.
Two points : 1) after reading these posts I definitely am pursuing legal action. 2) This school needs to be shut down immediately.
The kids are running that place. Nearly all the kids are having sex in the dorms, in the bathrooms at the SAC, in the bathrooms in the "school" bldg, everywhere !
Poor education, unqualified staff, abuse and many other incidents.

Some families are selling their homes and spending life savings to send their children there. Obviously filing complaints does not work. I also have reason to believe drug trafficking as I have filed complaints on this already. Complete mismanagement of medication, unmarked bottles, little baggies of drugs and no original prescriptions to be found. I gladly will provide more information on the specifics of the numerous incidents at RCS. All the children's health and safety are in danger there. Due to confidentiality, I have no contact information for any other parents, but to hope that they google and find this site.

(EDITOR NOTE:  They will find it via Google, scroft.  I have assured that.)

Nov 2009 to May 31, 2010 my daughter was at that "school". I am now paying for counseling for her to be treated for the trauma received from that school, in addition to the issues that were present prior to her attending.

Having met many of the parents, during this time, they are most definitely not inner city. It is a sad situation. I do hope that this school gets shut down as soon as possible, and hopefully can refund me some of my money to put towards continued care now. Any attorney's please feel free to send me your information. So far the two I have seen are in LA and TX. I am in Nashville, TN.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 11:00:53 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

That's pretty sad, Guest3.  The vultures at RCS are using this kid's story post mortem after his suicide.  He obviously didn't get the help he needed at HLA.  Now he's dead and RCS is exploiting him.

There was a whole thread about this and the HLA "Chapel Fund". Monies were donated to HLA on behalf of Patrick, but no one knows what happened to the funds. It's reprehensible.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »

I thought HLA and RCS is the same.  Is this true or not?  Maybe I am wrong, let me know.