Announcements & Tech Support > Web forum hosting

Moderator Helping Cover Up Abuses

<< < (2/27) > >>

none-ya:
Whooter and the gatekeeper? Scary tag team. Keep it up whoot, you're doing wonders for his image.An endorsment from you should carry a lot of weight around here.

Whooter:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---Whooter and the gatekeeper? Scary tag team. Keep it up whoot, you're doing wonders for his image.An endorsment from you should carry a lot of weight around here.
--- End quote ---

Ha,Ha,Ha,  yea I know its like the kiss of death if I say something nice about someone.  Every-time I take someones side in an argument they never return to fornits again lol.   But we are all in the same boat, we have all had our posts moved when they are off topic.  The difference is that I take a step back count to ten and realize that I was off topic or attacking people when I should not have been.  Its not easy to be held accountable when you have made a mistake.  I have been warned and banned from fornits a few times so I am no stranger to breaking the rules and being held accountable.  Try to see it from the moderators perspective and read some of the stuff that is being posted here.

Dysfunction Junction:

--- Quote from: "Jill Ryan" ---DJ - I found it in "Open Free For All" along with other posts and threads.  A few times I found them in the Drama Box, but that appeas to have ceased.
--- End quote ---

And that's the problem,  Jill.  When someone does a search and the results are displayed when they click the link to Fornits they get the message "The topic does not exist" because Joel moved the posts and the pointers don't get updated.

Most users will stop there.  They aren't going to manually search threads to try to find whatever they were looking for.  We know where to look and we still can't find a lot of it.  Most threads that Joel inserts himself into end up FUBARed to the point where you can't follow them and information gets buried.

Whooter:

--- Quote from: "Jill Ryan" ---DJ - I found it in "Open Free For All" along with other posts and threads.  A few times I found them in the Drama Box, but that appeas to have ceased.
--- End quote ---

I agree, Jill, They are easy to find.  I just check in the "Open Free For All" or search on a key word to locate them.  But basically if they have been moved its because they were duplicates or attack posts and don't need to be there.  Moving threads that were written today or referred to today is not going to affect the past posts or the original locations.   The database search engine will not be affected because the past posts have not been altered.

Whooter:

--- Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction" ---
Many thread are no so convoluted due to the modeerator's actions that meaningful information can't even be found because he has broken the pointer links internal to this site and also has destroyed searchablity from outside engine like Google.  There are many topics now which get a direct hit in a search engine, but when the link is clicked Fornits reports "The topic doesn't exist" because the moderator has moved them to some random location or simply deleted them.  It's clear that Joel does not understand how a databse or search engine work and he should not be destroying site content due to his ignorance.
--- End quote ---

DJ,  I think you are overreacting a bit and dont understand how a database works.  If you cut and paste or reference an older post that is in the database into a new thread and that thread is considered a duplicate and relocated into the OFFA by a moderator this does not affect the original relationships of the post to the thread and forum it resides in (from a search-ability standpoint).  All the google searches which worked yesterday on fornits will still work today.

All those threads you flooded the database with over the last day or two would not be in the google search engine anyway, DJ.  Do you have an example of a link that has been broken by moving a thread?

The first step in solving any issue is providing an example of what you are frustrated with so everyone can take a look at the problem.  Lets take a step back and take a look at the broken link, as viewed from Google, which would interrupt a search here on fornits or a broken link which was damaged internally.  Do you have an example of what you are talking about?  I think that you may be confused and are taking your frustration out on the moderators.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version