Announcements & Tech Support > Web forum hosting

Moderator Helping Cover Up Abuses

(1/27) > >>

Dysfunction Junction:
If you haven't noticed yet, many threads about abusive teen programs have been deleted by The Gatekeeper (fka Joel).

Most of this content is unique, relevant and uncovers details about how these facilities operate, yet the moderator sees fit to delete them and disallow reportage of the abuses and/or facility troubles.

One recent topic about RCS covered a key staff member with a revoked license.  This was unique content and a good PSA for interested parties, but the moderator deleted it.

There seems to be an unwritten rule here akin to the "fairness doctrine" where the moderator decides what content should be posted and attempts to make a moral equivalency between "pro-program" and "anti-program" posters by regulating what can be said by whom.

This is wrong-headed and damaging to the mission of disseminating information to the public.

If you disagree with how the so-called moderator determines what content is fit for consumption and what isn't, be sure to PM or email the administrator of this site to let him know your dissatisfaction with heavy-handed, agenda-driven moderation.

Many thread are no so convoluted due to the modeerator's actions that meaningful information can't even be found because he has broken the pointer links internal to this site and also has destroyed searchablity from outside engine like Google.  There are many topics now which get a direct hit in a search engine, but when the link is clicked Fornits reports "The topic doesn't exist" because the moderator has moved them to some random location or simply deleted them.  It's clear that Joel does not understand how a databse or search engine work and he should not be destroying site content due to his ignorance.

Don't let the moderator do the work of the industry damage control agents.  Report his abuses to the administrator.

PM: psy
mail: [email protected]

Don't let your right to free speech be abridged by Joel.
************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: As of last night, 1/13/11, the threads were restored when the admin found they were wrongly removed.  This issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

none-ya:

--- Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction" ---If you haven't noticed yet, many threads about abusive teen programs have been deleted by The Gatekeeper (fka Joel).

Most of this content is unique, relevant and uncovers details about how these facilities operate, yet the moderator sees fit to delete them and disallow reportage of the abuses and/or facility troubles.

One recent topic about RCS covered a key staff member with a revoked license.  This was unique content and a good PSA for interested parties, but the moderator deleted it.

There seems to be an unwritten rule here akin to the "fairness doctrine" where the moderator decides what content should be posted and attempts to make a moral equivalency between "pro-program" and "anti-program" posters by regulating what can be said by whom.

This is wrong-headed and damaging to the mission of disseminating information to the public.

If you disagree with how the so-called moderator determines what content os fit for consumption and what isn't, be sure to PM or email the administrator of this site to let him know your dissatisfaction with heavy-handed, agenda-driven moderation.
--- End quote ---

He's even said that he doesn't have the power to delete posts but I know for a fact that he's done it to me.

Dysfunction Junction:
He has removed several threads today, some of which were months old with several pages of content.  Just straight up 86ed them.  Whatever the case may be, if he delted them or just moved them, he doesn't possess the requisite understanding of a relational databse reuired to make Fornits coherent.  He does a driveby a couple times a day and simply censors what he doesn't want users to post.  In each and every case he failed to offer any reason from the rules why the threads were moved, only calling two of them "off topic" even if they were completely on topic or even the only post in the topic.

It has to end.  You can't find half of what you're looking for anyomore even if you know where to look.  Fornits is circling the drain due to agenda-driven moderation and selective enforcement of the forum rules.

Jill Ryan:
DJ - I found it in "Open Free For All" along with other posts and threads.  A few times I found them in the Drama Box, but that appeas to have ceased.

Whooter:

--- Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction" ---He has removed several threads today, some of which were months old with several pages of content.  Just straight up 86ed them.  Whatever the case may be, if he delted them or just moved them, he doesn't possess the requisite understanding of a relational databse reuired to make Fornits coherent.  He does a driveby a couple times a day and simply censors what he doesn't want users to post.  In each and every case he failed to offer any reason from the rules why the threads were moved, only calling two of them "off topic" even if they were completely on topic or even the only post in the topic.

It has to end.  You can't find half of what you're looking for anyomore even if you know where to look.  Fornits is circling the drain due to agenda-driven moderation and selective enforcement of the forum rules.
--- End quote ---

DJ, my posts get shelved too when I go off topic or post attacks against you or retaliate.  IMO you have been very disruptive over the past several days flooding the database with repeat posts, using various user names and you started a dozen or two new threads on the same topic of Ridge Creek School.  Your intent appeared to be disruptive in nature and not informative to the readers.  On one thread in particular I was trying to have a conversation with Jill Ryan and you continuously posted an off topic post about my "fiduciary responsibilities" and various other repeat posts in an attempt to stop our dialog.  

Every-time you get outed or frustrated you try to blame others i.e. moderators, myself.  

I understand it is frustrating, it is for me sometimes too when I have had my posts moved because I said something off topic or out of anger and I have also voiced my displeasure to the moderators at the time.  But in all fairness they are just doing their jobs and trying their best to keep the flow of conversation and information going.  Step back, like I do, and take a look at what you have posted over the past 2 days and I think you will see what I mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version