Author Topic: This forum cheapens our memory  (Read 2257 times)

Offline hyde88

• View Profile
This forum cheapens our memory
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:04:11 AM »
For the people that went through Atlanta straight, this forum is a joke. I would like to talk with real people that went through the horror, not a goddamn advertisement.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: This forum cheapens our memory
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »
Quote from: "hyde88"
For the people that went through Atlanta straight, this forum is a joke.

Why do you say that? This forum has been around for years and has been the medium for some of the best posts I've ever read; posts written by survivors of Straight, from its many branches (including Atlanta). If you don't like the ads, don't click them.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
For the people that went through Atlanta straight, this forum is a joke.

Why do you say that? This forum has been around for years and has been the medium for some of the best posts I've ever read; posts written by survivors of Straight, from its many branches (including Atlanta). If you don't like the ads, don't click them.

I would be curious to know why this forum is considered a joke as well. How is it an "advertisement" for Straight Inc? Could ya show me a post or two that "advertise" Straight Inc?

Are ya serious? Or is this an instigative post? Advertisement for Straight Inc....ya can't be serious!

Frod...one day, can ya explain the whole "Dark Humor" thing to me? Ya know, I am old, senility setting in, a lil slow on the up-take.

OBTW Hyde, I was incarcerated in 1978 at the St.Pete Buildings (Milton Roy & Morgan Yacht) and I have three cousins that were incarcerated in the Atlanta building. I KNOW the HORROR!

Remembering the HORROR?

I wish you;
Much Peace
Much Healing
w/d
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »
mr d. we know the deal.somebody didnt get what they wanted and had a hissy. no biggie. :nods: Im cookin etouffee,want some?Cant explain dark humor,other than to say you laugh instead of cryin. Its gotta be a defense mechanism of a sort, I do it all the time , my asshattery keeps me from gettin inta too bad of a place. Maybe call it the tao of nonsense. I dunno. Kinda one of those gotta be it to get it things maybe. :nods:  Nobody means no harm.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 12:35:44 AM »
dark humor
I call it gallows humor. E.g., making a joke about humanity's or one's own mortality while getting trussed up to be hanged. Mmm. What else can one say?

:clown:

While it's certainly one way to stay sane in the face of obstacles, some folk do get offended...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »
Kinda like that skull ring Keith Richards wears? Folks can be offended but thats just a side effect.... truly not deliberate. :nods:  My dad was that way too,only mines ,well .....darker,heavier.....whatever word works for you. :seg:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
For the people that went through Atlanta straight, this forum is a joke. I would like to talk with real people that went through the horror, not a goddamn advertisement.

I did 18 months in Atlanta Straight and I have found this forum very useful. Please explain what you would like to see here so that it wont be a "joke" to you anymore. Really, exactly what is your complaint?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »
Hyde88 as in Kimberly?  I ran into Jim Sailor and Wally "Walt" Braun in the spring of '88 working for a printing firm that prints and ships Statement Packets.  It was hard not to vomit all over myself.  Luckily it was just a temp job for me.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?