Author Topic: mental anguish  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
As a father, reading all this stuff about the DFAF getting at our kids has struck a nerve. I tell you what, if anyone ever tries to mess with MY kids, they're gonna wish to hell that they hadn't... ::armed::  ::stab::  :skull:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
mental anguish
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
I was just doing a little studying for a future project. Not to curse my luck or anything, but I may actually get an article published in a real, live, mass market produced and (hopefully) widely read book! Wish me luck or the blessing of the Fates or of the Great Spirit or of the Great Pumpkin or whomever you belive has that kind of influence.

Anyway, I ran accross this fairly recent article of Wes'

DRAFT

A STUDY OF THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE DRUG FREE AMERICA FOUNDATION. INC. (formerly Straight Foundation, Inc.) IN AMERICAN AND INTERNATIONAL DRUG POLICY

by Wesley M. Fager, the Oakton Institute (c) 2002

http://thestraights.com/reports/dfaf-an ... policy.htm

This is what we're up against. It's a gargantuan network of highly placed, very powerful people and organizations that have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to criticizm. However, they do have one glaring weakness and you can see how frightened they get by their reaction whenever a critic gets close to it. They have pissed off, hurt and destroyed a whole bitch of a lot of us. Not just Program survivors, either! Anyone who's ever been convicted of a felony, or even a misdemeanor, for growing a certain hated type of flowers has plenty of beef with these people.

All alone, any of us can be very efficiently handled. And they are vigilant. I've been threatened with lawsuits. Richard Bradbury is currently under suite and under investigation for possible alleged criminal charges. Anyone who thought they were going to make a living as a concert promoter or event organizer now has to think twice about the RAVE Act (look it up.)

Tommy Chong (for Christ's sake!!) just got popped for 9 months in the tank and a heavy fine. (google operation pipe dreams) Not that kids can't make their own bongs out of bottles, plumbing parts or even tin foil. But the message is clear; Tommy Chong jokes and talks about smoking pot asif it were a normal, accepted part of our culture. That's what frightens them because, when it comes right down to it, Chong tells the truth. Pot is a normal, accepted part of American culture. Has been for decades now.  

What frightens these people is just exactly the same little, seemingly benign thing that got so many of us thrown to the floor, marathoned, set back, started over and otherwise intimidated while we were in group. They can't stand talking out in group! So that is what is called for, RAMPANT talking out in group! They can't put us all on the floor, can they? And when they do fuck with one of us, we all benefit by rejecting the rule about paying attention to something else.

T'is an ill wind that blows no minds.
--Syadasti

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »
GOD I love you Ginger!  :rofl:  But anyway, when I was just a young punk of 15-16, before my life was fucked-with by you-know-who, I was one of many kids who attended an event that took place in a park in downtown DC called the "Smoke In." It was a blatant display by the people for the people and of the people getting high. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.  :tup:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »
On 2003-09-24 12:28:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"GOD I love you Ginger!  

::blushing::

Yeah, it all really does go together. A couple of years ago, a professor at Penn State threw a smoke out. I don't know how well it went or if there were arrests or not; rural Pennsylvania is probably not the best place to be so in your face about drugs and drug policy. But there hasn't been another one.

Here's a thought. We know that the Straight, DFAF, SOS, DPNA, etc. lineage goes back to before the Semblers. They were, after all, Seed parents before they founded Straight. And we know The Seed was based on the Synanon model and got a nice financial shot in the arm compliments of Bobby DuPont as head of NIDA. So did Matrix, Daytop, Delancy Street and very likely a bunch of other juvy and adult synanons that we haven't found out about (yet....  :grin:) So now we go back to the late `60's at least. But where did these people come from back then??

I don't have any smoking gun documentation showing names and hard connections, but think about the RAVE act for a moment. Here's a link in case everyone doesn't know what that is. http://www.nomoredrugwar.org/music/rave_act.htm

Know what this reminds me of? Wounded Knee. I don't know exactly who these people are or where they came from or even quite exactly what they're after. But one thing's for sure, the don't like dancing! So dance, all ye peoples, dance! Just don't stop!

That which does not kill you can make you stronger, but I really never needed to be this strong.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5580/straight.html' target='_new'>Scott Wagner

Offline ahgreich

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 05:43:00 AM »
yea, I'm 35 and my darkness is very real, and that place permanently scarred me in ways I don't even know. Sometimes, I just have to bliss out in the moment and enjoy that small patch of fall leaves RIGHT THEN, because those moments are too rare. To really let my introspective craziness go long enough to be the one to teach my daughter how to ride without training wheels, instead of my wife doing all of that. It's tough.
I'm in Atlanta, and after nearly 20 years, NOW I have a need to reconnect. What the hell is up with that!?

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »
Welcome ahgriech.  I know for me, I had been on the web for years before it ever even occured to me to research Straight, the people in it, or anything remotely similar.  One day I just came upon my 500th Google search, and voila, I typed in Straight like it was some kind of long lost neural connection sparking to life.

That was about 2 years ago.  I think the best way to describe it is that our "programming" seems to have a shelf-life, one we are totally unaware of.  One day, the label expires and we come out of it....saying, why havent I ever thought of this before?  I know it can be strange, and packed with crappy feelings and memories....however, try to keep it in persepective.  You made it this far, and no one is ever gonna hurt you like that again.  Its okay to explore the possibilities now.

Good luck and welcome again!
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »
Hey ahgreich,
Welcome, welcome!

Ohhhhh, Atlanta. Oh, oh, oh Atlanta! Funny, I was just thinking about that town in the wee hours this morning.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#23167

Why now? I don't know. Maybe it's just a stage of life thing. I look at my kids sometimes and think about what life was like when I was their age and what I want for them. I'm not much older than you, 38. And just lately I've had a strong urge to look up so many people I used to know and to muse over childhood memories. Time to mull over the first few legs of the trip, check the map and maybe adjust the plan some.

I think maybe this is part of what they call midlife "crisis", only I don't think it's really a crisis at all. Just another change. I'm used to that by now.

Nastalgia rather sucks for me. I have a similar family situation to cayohuesto. I thank GOD I split the scene and married out of that! No amount of cash or largess would have been worth it. But all of my natural family is just like that. The only role for me in that family is that of a splittee and, therefore, lifelong fuckup. My wishes or viewpoints on anything from my father's end of life care to ... anything, really, are irrelavent. If I try to connect with them, I wind up trusting them and then I get hurt. So I just don't talk to them any more.

But the present is pretty damned good. I married well enough. We're not wealthy, but we're not hungry either and, after 17 years or so, we still get along incredibly well most of the time. Kids are great, work's fun, all I really ever wanted.

I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found.
-- John Muir

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »
I spent quite some time knowing that straight had some how made me different; someone who didn't quite fit in either with the dope fiends or the program people. At just about 20 years, poof!, I searched straight and found Wes' Site and the from there found Fornits.

It was like a breath of fresh air after years of sewer stench. I had no idea what was going on, but knew that I could find some answers here. Using that maniaical self-mutilating and psyche crushing method of observation straight gifted me with, I began to pull apart the program itself.

To this point it was someting I had not done. I found all kinds of interesting correlations in behavior that links with things taught in straight. Being very uncomfortable with others in the bathroom. Nightmares and truly bizzare dreams. An incapability to form an opinion without checking with many people first. An incapability to admit my opinion may be incorrect. A decided insecurity with members of the opposite sex, they're nice but REALLY make me squirm. Many, many other things.

It is really good to see another ATL person. There are quite a few of us here, but most of them lurk most of the time. Some of us drink a good portion of us don't. Take this stuff with a grain of salt.

Clay

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »
Ginger:

Don't be so sure about the powers that be. Did you see recently that the Supreme Court refused to review a lower courts ruling that Doctors have the right to treat/council (honestly) patients using medicinal marijuna? Something interesting there....

CL

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »
Oh Clay, I'm not at all out of faith in the powers or the Fates, b'live it!

Yes, I heard about the Supreme's decision to let the 9th Circuit decision stand. Ya-hoooo! It's about damned time! And it runs much deeper than that. There are two Judge Breyers (or is it Beyers?) involved in that row. Charles, of the 9th Cir., and brother Stephen, of the U.S. Supremes.

Earlier this year, Stephen took part in proceedings to uphold the right of USDOJ to prosecute Ed Rosenthal for growing medical marijuana for patients in the Oakland area in accordance with California law. http://green-aid.com/ So the trial went forward under brother Charles, who carried out a typical Federally approved kangaroo court, ruling out any and all evidence or testimony that would show Rosenthal to be anything other than the creepy underground drug kingpin that DOJ wanted to make him out to be.

When the jury found out how they had been deceived, they were very publicly outraged! Most of them, it turned out, had voted in favor of the Compassionate Use Act and felt they had been tricked into convicting Rosenthal. When it came time for sentencing, Charles aparently had a sudden attack of scruples and gave him time served.
http://green-aid.com/

At that time, I thought old Charles was getting nothing but the pope's nose for Thanksgiving dinner this years. It seems the tide has turned, though. It's Stephen's peers who have had a change of heart.

Every day, more of the white hats in our government stand up to be counted. If this keeps going the way it has been recently, we can end this war without a lot of ugliness.

Of course, the real zealots will have their own private hell to deal with. But it'll be all in their heads where it belongs.

Emotions rule the world; Is it any wonder that it's so mucked up?!
http://fornits.com/rates.htm' target='_new'>Bill Warbis

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
mental anguish
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2003, 02:36:00 PM »
On 2003-10-20 11:18:00, Antigen wrote:

"Oh Clay, I'm not at all out of faith in the powers or the Fates, b'live it!

Well, That's good to know.   :grin:

CL