Author Topic: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success  (Read 29945 times)

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2011, 09:39:34 PM »
Quote from: "goose"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

Goose: my child was beaten and attacked at HLA/RCS as well. Actually a total of three times. None of them were ever reported or written up so therefore they never occurred. Those disposable cameras came in handy because I still have the photos of the injuries. They went to ORS after my child was pulled. There was another boy that was attacked and beaten in the middle of the night with socks filled with bars of soap and coins.  Again, no report written up on that one either so guess what - it never occurred. I can site many more examples of the violent outbursts that took place that were never reported to the ORS or written up by the staff. The ORS reports will never be complete or accurate based on what we've experienced.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

Goose: my child was beaten and attacked at HLA/RCS as well. Actually a total of three times. None of them were ever reported or written up so therefore they never occurred. Those disposable cameras came in handy because I still have the photos of the injuries. They went to ORS after my child was pulled. There was another boy that was attacked and beaten in the middle of the night with socks filled with bars of soap and coins.  Again, no report written up on that one either so guess what - it never occurred. I can site many more examples of the violent outbursts that took place that were never reported to the ORS or written up by the staff. The ORS reports will never be complete or accurate based on what we've experienced.

Ridge Creek School is regulated by the state of Georgia and the kids meet with DHS professionals during their stay there.  I think what you are describing occurred at HLA.  I think the improvements have been difficult for the school as they grow but the transparency has benefited the children and the school alike.  We need to remember that these are at-risk teens and they will act out and get into fights,  they are sexually active and events are going to occur.  But I think we can all agree that regulation and oversight has been good for the schools transition from HLA to RCS and will only continue to improve through 2011.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 06:50:36 AM »
Not at this time, I am just seeking information right now and ran across this site, started reading and was stunned to see this report in just about every thread about this school. It just shocked me and upset me to see how many times this report was being used as “proof” how bad the kids were at the school. From the information I have learned, first hand, and second hand (my son), I will handle things in my own time.

More surprised than anything at this point that six month old reports are the best you have. There is more out there.

When you say there is more "out there," where exactly do you mean?  We can only access what's online from DHS while FOIA requests work their way through the system.

What other items do you have?
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2011, 06:56:18 AM »
HLA eventually was subject to the same inspections and oversight. Of course this was only after we forced it on to Buchi.

I think what you are describing occurred at HLA. I think the improvements have been difficult for the school as they grow but the transparency has benefited the children and the school alike.

So then what are you basing this on Whooter? How could you possibly know?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
HLA eventually was subject to the same inspections and oversight. Of course this was only after we forced it on to Buchi.

Its forced on everyone, Bruce.  How many schools/programs walk into the DHS office and ask for oversight for their business?  lol  

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
If you started a business (or restarted an old business, it would be foolish to go out and hire expensive heads for all of your departments until you knew what the present demand was for your product. The owner(s) typically stand in as heads of all the departments until the business gets established. Once the business takes off and begins to grow the owner starts to take a step back and he/she hires people to take on his previous roles.

As these new people are hired in 2011 Len will be able to take a back seat to the day to day operations and focus more on growing his business from a more global perspective.

And what you keep carefully avoiding is the fact that these positions were already filled. RC has been around for years, simply because it was expanded due to the closure of HLA does not mean the positions simply disappeared. The positions and people filling them were already in place.

Once again, refilling other people's old positions is not a sign of growth.

Good point, RB.  Whooter keeps lying about it, but you hold his feet to the fire.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »

I think what you are describing occurred at HLA. I think the improvements have been difficult for the school as they grow but the transparency has benefited the children and the school alike.

If you read here on fornits about all the problems that HLA had. lawsuits etc. and compare that with the detail we are now seeing coming out of the ORS Reports from the oversight provided by DHS it is easy to see that RCS is not anything like its former self.

The DHS is visiting and speaking with the students and there is no evidence of abuse by any staff members or brainwashing, torture or thought control.  We are seeing the normal problems that at-risk teens bring to a residential program (atleast that seems to be the view of DHS since the school is growing under their supervision).

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
Whooter wrote:

Its forced on everyone, Bruce. How many schools/programs walk into the DHS office and ask for oversight for their business? lol

Good point Whooter. As we all know all of these programs are abusive, so none of them want regulation or oversite. As we all know it only makes it harder for them to get away with things. Hence why they all seek to self regulate through organizations like NATSAP.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
If you read here on fornits about all the problems that HLA had. lawsuits etc. and compare that with the detail we are now seeing coming out of the ORS Reports from the oversight provided by DHS it is easy to see that RCS is not anything like its former self.

The DHS is visiting and speaking with the students and there is no evidence of abuse by any staff members or brainwashing, torture or thought control. We are seeing the normal problems that at-risk teens bring to a residential program (atleast that seems to be the view of DHS since the school is growing under their supervision).

HLA operated for almost 12 years before things really started to hit the fan. Also keeping in mind that RC still employs the same tactic off sending kids out into the woods whenever a major incident occurs. A kid who isn't around can't talk to DHS. Furthermore there is nothing in the reports that detail the mental and emotional abuse these kids go through.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
A kid who isn't around can't talk to DHS.

If the DHS want to speak to a child  they will insist that the child be present or ask that he/she be brought back from wilderness to be interviewed.  The DHS does not care about people schedules or the inconvenience they impose upon people or schools.  They are there to focus on the children.

Furthermore there is nothing in the reports that detail the mental and emotional abuse these kids go through.

Exactly, if the kids say they have been abused then it would be in DHS's reports.  So far DHS has not reported any abuse occurring at RCS so we have to conclude that non occurs there.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

The DHS is visiting and speaking with the students and there is no evidence of abuse by any staff members or brainwashing, torture or thought control.  We are seeing the normal problems that at-risk teens bring to a residential program (atleast that seems to be the view of DHS since the school is growing under their supervision).

...[/quote/]

Highlighted portion not true.  If one reads the ORS reports and one 'studied' the previous reports when RCS was Hidden Lake Academy, the ORS in their own reports clearly stipulates that the infractions were previously cited on dates often years before re: medication mix-ups, lack of documents, lack of incident reporting, counselor training(CPR, proper restraint, etc.),dental, medical, judicial background checks,etc.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Highlighted portion not true.  If one reads the ORS reports and one 'studied' the previous reports when RCS was Hidden Lake Academy, the ORS in their own reports clearly stipulates that the infractions were previously cited on dates often years before re: medication mix-ups, lack of documents, lack of incident reporting, counselor training(CPR, proper restraint, etc.),dental, medical, judicial background checks,etc.

I think these are always going to be issues, Jill.  Institutions mix up medications all the time.  Some of the better hospitals do this.  RCS may do "due diligence" and get their people trained, then a year later they hire new people and the mistakes start all over again.  Training is an ongoing issue in any business and hospitals struggle with the same problems themselves.   What we are not seeing is all these reports of abuse, brainwashing and torture that many here on fornits claims to happen inside of these programs.  We are not seeing reports of kids being denied food or being placed in isolation for extended periods of time.  DHS has been interviewing these kids periodically, on site, and they have not been able to uncover any instances of kids being abused by staff or brainwashed.  All this stuff that use to occur at HLA is not happening at RCS and I think this is a huge improvement or maybe the survivors reports were in error and these events never occurred I really dont know, but either way RCS seems to be a much better program than HLA was.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
If the DHS want to speak to a child they will insist that the child be present or ask that he/she be brought back from wilderness to be interviewed. The DHS does not care about people schedules or the inconvenience they impose upon people or schools. They are there to focus on the children.

If the DHS agent doesn't know an incident occured to begin with, why would they demand to speak with the child?

Exactly, if the kids say they have been abused then it would be in DHS's reports. So far DHS has not reported any abuse occurring at RCS so we have to conclude that non occurs there.

Not at all. We've already seen evidence that incidents are occuring and never making in into the reports. Furthermore mental and emotional abuse may not fall within their scope of reportable offenses.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »

If the DHS agent doesn't know an incident occured to begin with, why would they demand to speak with the child?

They wouldn't , Robert.  But they are visiting the campus and speaking with many of the kids, if there was a systemic problem with abuse they would uncover it.  It is what they do and they are trained to be observant and ask the right questions.

Not at all. We've already seen evidence that incidents are occuring and never making in into the reports. Furthermore mental and emotional abuse may not fall within their scope of reportable offenses.

The DHS is trained to notice kids who have been abused and kids who do not feel safe in their environment.  These are trained professionals, they are not going to catch every little incident but they will definitely pick up on a major problem or if kids are being abused.  They are very thorough as we have seen in the ORS Reports.

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »

The DHS is visiting and speaking with the students and there is no evidence of abuse by any staff members or brainwashing, torture or thought control. We are seeing the normal problems that at-risk teens bring to a residential program (atleast that seems to be the view of DHS since the school is growing under their supervision).

HLA operated for almost 12 years before things really started to hit the fan. Also keeping in mind that RC still employs the same tactic off sending kids out into the woods whenever a major incident occurs. A kid who isn't around can't talk to DHS. Furthermore there is nothing in the reports that detail the mental and emotional abuse these kids go through.

Great point, Robert.

-Arthur Schopenhauer