Author Topic: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success  (Read 30179 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
But the kids get beaten, assaulted and raped, too.  Is that just a "bonus" in your fantasy "win-win situation"?

Personally, I don't see how kids being raped and beaten is a "win-win," but I'm not you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
But the kids get beaten, assaulted and raped, too.  Is that just a "bonus" in your fantasy "win-win situation"?

Personally, I don't see how kids being raped and beaten is a "win-win," but I'm not you.

Like I said, DJ, The DHS are there on site interviewing the staff and the children.  If kids were getting raped and beaten, by the staff, the place would be shut down in a heart beat.  The kids get into fights with each other and they are sexually active teenagers.  Now add this to the fact that many of these kids have emotional issues and are at-risk.  RCS has its hands full and they lose control of the kids from time to time and this is a problem (I think we can all agree).

I think it is good that they are working with DHS and that they are involved in their growth and success.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Quote from: "Whooter"
It was interesting to read some of the history.

At one point HLA was the second largest private employer in Lumpkin County, with 138 faculty and staff, 90 of whom lived in the county. Additionally, 12 local people were employed by the food service contractor used by the school.

It appears the Ridge Creek School has turned the corner and is rebuilding quickly to grow back the business that it once had.

I'm not sure what HLA intended with their comment about being the fourth largest employer in Lumpkin Co. Should that somehow weigh on the judge's decision? I can't even find them in the Top 10.

There might have been a short period of time where they pushed into the top positions within the county and therefore can claim that to be true.  Plus they mentioned "Private" employer which means they are not publicly traded.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »
The expansion of Ridge Creek School, which is due to the overwhelming demand, is in keeping in line with their efforts to maintain a 10:1 student to teacher ratio (or better).

The Ridge Creek School staff cooperate to help students develop all aspects of their lives: physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual. The 10:1 student to teacher ratio ensures individual attention and a return to academic success.

Link

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
There never was and never has been a 10:1 ratio of qualified teachers to students. That's a bold lie.

How can a place call itself a College Preparatory Therapeutic Boarding School when there is no Director of Admissions, no Director of Counseling, no Headmaster, etc?

Whooter - why don't you go join the Westboro Baptist "Church" since you're so easily manipulated and gullible?  Seriously - you really come off as an ignorant fool because you  don't know that facts. You only know how to twist the half-truths that you see posted.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
There never was and never has been a 10:1 ratio of qualified teachers to students. That's a bold lie.

I provided a link to my source.

How can a place call itself a College Preparatory Therapeutic Boarding School when there is no Director of Admissions, no Director of Counseling, no Headmaster, etc?

Whooter - why don't you go join the Westboro Baptist "Church" since you're so easily manipulated and gullible?  Seriously - you really come off as an ignorant fool because you  don't know that facts. You only know how to twist the half-truths that you see posted.

No one said they did not have a Director of Admissions, no Director of Counseling or no Headmaster.  These positions may be covered by the owner(s), outsourced or covered by contractors.  There are many options, maybe some positions were not needed until now .    
It is indicated by your response that you have little to no experience with small businesses.  When HLA switched over to RCS they had no clientele (warm bodies in beds).  They could not predict accurately how many kids they would get on day one so they were not going to hire top salaried positions until they needed them.

Lets try to look at it a little differently,  imagine that you want to open a car dealership (or reopen one that has closed), would you:

1)   Open small and run the place yourself for a few months or years to see what type of response you had and then add on salesman and account people, mechanics as you grow.
or
2)   Hire a President and Vice president in charge of sales, a regional sales manager, 3 or 4 accountants, President and vice president in charge of the "used car" part of the business etc.

Do you see what I mean Guest3?  It makes good business sense to grow the business the way RCS has been doing it, which is based on present demand.  If Len can roll up his sleeves and handle stepping in as department heads for a few months until he gets a "level of the water" or feels confident that enough beds are going to be filled to justify hiring people on then that is the smart thing to do.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
Whooter - we're talking about human lives, not a car. There's a big difference. We're also talking about positions that are essential for a legitimate facility. These positions are revolving doors because once someone gets hired on there they realize what a farce the place is and they leave. Or, as rumored, get sexually harassed by Bucci and then given some hush money.

As for small businesses, do some research and find out how many small businesses sued Bucci for non-payment and these occurred when HLA was "thriving". Find out how many businesses he ruined....

BTW - have you ever read all the rules and regulations from Georgia's ORS as they relate to a child caring facility? You might want to some day so you can speak intelligently to those rules and regulations.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »
Whooter - we're talking about human lives, not a car. There's a big difference.

No, we were talking about a business.

We're also talking about positions that are essential for a legitimate facility.

They may be. The school started over and they are obviously growing. The good news it that they are hiring and not laying off, so 2011 looks good for them.

These positions are revolving doors because once someone gets hired on there they realize what a farce the place is and they leave. Or, as rumored, get sexually harassed by Bucci and then given some hush money.

I never read anything about that.

As for small businesses, do some research and find out how many small businesses sued Bucci for non-payment and these occurred when HLA was "thriving". Find out how many businesses he ruined....

I am not speaking to Lens character, I dont know the guy.  I am saying that RCS is doing well and thriving.

BTW - have you ever read all the rules and regulations from Georgia's ORS as they relate to a child caring facility? You might want to some day so you can speak intelligently to those rules and regulations.

I have never met anyone who has read all the rules and regulations from Georgia's ORS.  You have not convinced me (or the readers) that you have read them all either.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »
Guest 3  I am surprised your dialogue is allowed.  Mine was deleted without notice:)  I gather one cannot advise another "they are out of their league."

To the above poster...  Guest 3 has read ALL the ORS regulations, along with myself, and Deborah.  There was constant dialogue between the ORS and the activists aforementioned, including DJ, to tighten the loopholes in their regulations and to finally require Hidden Lake Academy that was "with purpose" "operating undar the radar and allowed to for over 11 years(at the time of ORS licensing).  Documents and emails between the ORS and the aforementioned activists, also shared with the GAO agents are solid.   Their findings, "all the Georgia agencies, including the Georgia GAO and the ORS repeatedly dropped the ball."  Among other things.  Agent recommendation " Go to the Federal Att. Gen. of Georgia."

The last exchange with the ORS in 2010, emails  and the Governor's office(phone conversation) was still demanding accountability.

Guest 3 met with the GAO agents assigned to Hidden Lake Academy in Washington, D.C. and the GAO interviewed countless others by visits in Georgia and lengthy phone conversations, emails, document collection over 4 months.  

Mr. Buccellato dodged their bullet, only because of the on-going Class suit in Federal court.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
Guest 3 -  I am in a quandry, what say you?  I really would prefer for the book to be completed before releasing all the documents and emails...  but this dribble and continuous, factless, moronic diatribe needs to stop. Should we open the vault or what?  "Let 'er rip?"

Oops. my attorney/agent is on the phone...divine intervention???

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Guest 3  I am surprised your dialogue is allowed.  Mine was deleted without notice:)  I gather one cannot advise another "they are out of their league."

To the above poster...  Guest 3 has read ALL the ORS regulations, along with myself, and Deborah.  There was constant dialogue between the ORS and the activists aforementioned, including DJ, to tighten the loopholes in their regulations and to finally require Hidden Lake Academy that was "with purpose" "operating undar the radar and allowed to for over 11 years(at the time of ORS licensing).  Documents and emails between the ORS and the aforementioned activists, also shared with the GAO agents are solid.   Their findings, "all the Georgia agencies, including the Georgia GAO and the ORS repeatedly dropped the ball."  Among other things.  Agent recommendation " Go to the Federal Att. Gen. of Georgia."

The last exchange with the ORS in 2010, emails  and the Governor's office(phone conversation) was still demanding accountability.

Guest 3 met with the GAO agents assigned to Hidden Lake Academy in Washington, D.C. and the GAO interviewed countless others by visits in Georgia and lengthy phone conversations, emails, document collection over 4 months.  

Mr. Buccellato dodged their bullet, only because of the on-going Class suit in Federal court.

I am hearing that you are calling me ignorant because I am not aware of the laws, Jill, yet none of you can present a link to the law that is being broken.  Why cant Len stand in as Head Master and/or head of academics and also be a counselor?  Why does a school need to have a director of admissions in order to function properly.  I dont see any facts myself from Guest3, yourself or Deborah.  

We have posters here on fornits saying that the ORS reports are saying kids are getting raped at RCS when the report clearly does not say that yet you let this false information go unchallenged.  Jill, Guest3 why dont you step up and ask for the facts on this info?  Are you interested in getting the truth out about RCS or just doing your best to make RCS look bad at all costs (including turning a blind eye to lies).  You lose tons of credibility when you allow people to make up stories (unchallenged) which make RCS look bad, yet attack posters who are looking for the truth and maybe dont know all the laws.

Based on your apparent agenda and disinterest in the truth I think you might have gone a lot further with the authorities if you had been more sincere in your effort to expose the truth versus feeding a personal agenda.  I think they may have quickly seen through your motives and that is why RCS is still going and thriving well into 2011.  

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
Quote from: "DEE"
These positions, along with a number of others, are vacant because those who held them previously feared for their personal saftey, as well they should. No one, to my knowledge, is still working at Hidden Lake/Ridge Creek who was there a few years ago, or even one year ago. My prediction is that those they hire to fill these positions will not be there one year from now, unless they are all former corrections department employees who are used to dealing with dangerous criminals.

Jill Ryan disagrees with you on this subject,  She claims that RCS still has several present employees that once worked for HLA.  So again the information being presented here on fornits is not accurate.  One of you is not being truthful and I don’t think it is fair to the readers to try to discredit a school with lies  because of personal agendas.

Jill why wouldn't you have tried to clear-up this misinformation?

I will try to locate Jills' link for you.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:02 PM »
So it seems you have this thread locked down.  Out of courtesy I would appreciate notification my posts being erased immediately.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
Bucci can be whatever he wants. Why don't you ask the former and current parents how many times he's actually shown up there on campus? Oh, perhaps once in a while to pander for money. He never sat down with any of our kids to talk to them nor did he ever contact any of us to let us know how he thought our children were doing. (And since he's a "doctor" he should be able to do that.)

I have read the ORS rules and regulations, but thank you for the suggestion. Our actions and diligence helped lead to the state of Georgia ultimately requiring HLA/RCS to become licensed. Unlike you, I do want to be informed - I'm not just spinning tales to further my own cause or personal agenda. I would love to post links, but unfortunately ORS's web site is currently under construction and I can't post the links. I'm not going to bother posting the link to show you it's down - do it yourself if you're really that interested in knowing the truth.

As for rape documents... I think even you, Whooter, are smart enough to know that rape victims files are sealed and their identities are protected for obvious reasons. But I think you already knew this, Captain Obvious.

Thanks for trying to discredit us. Better luck next time.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »
Look at their web site, Robert. These are new positions. These job positions were never listed on the RCS web site from day one. They have not had these people for the last year or so since they started up.

You're attempting to spin this Whooter. Ridge Creek has been around for several years. They didn't 'start up' a year ago, they expanded on existing infrastructure after we closed HLA down.

Despite these facts are you still attempting to claim that RC has been operating all this time without a head master, admissions director, or addictions counselor?