Author Topic: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success  (Read 30321 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 01:41:36 PM »
No, what you are describing is called "Sexual Contact" under the law.

"Sexual Contact" - The intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to abuse, humiliate, harass, degrade, or arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.

What DHS reported was "unwanted sexual activity" and sexual activity is legally defined as "sexual intercourse."

Those of us with an education and who have worked in the social services arena clearly know the difference, just like DHS does.  This is why they reported a rape and not a "groping" or "indecent exposure."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
Ridge Creek is Not a School
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
So now we all agree Ridge Creek is not a school at all.  It's purpose is "child caring institution."  Thanks for admitting this Whooter.  Watching you continue to deceive the public by calling it a "school" and the residents "students" is not right.  Can you change the title of this thread to zero out the word "school" which we just agreed RRCS is not?  Thanks in advance.

Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

Why would you lie and say there are "students" at RCS when the reports call them "residents" and never mention the word "student"?  Please explain why you keep lying.

The ORS reports refer to the kids as residents, that is a good point.  To keep things consistent and clear I will use the term Residents when referring to the ORS reports.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
Re: RCS - Violent Beatings, "Blood Everywhere"
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
I guess "well deserved success" is defined as "brutal kicking of children's heads until there's blood everywhere."

This is a very violent beating that happened while some staff stood by and watched the kids restrain the other kids.

Even in this report of the horrific beating of a child with "blood everywhere" there is no mention of the word "student."  there are no students at RCS, Whooter.  It's not a school.

Quote from: "DHS Report on RCS Prison Camp"
Staff A said Resident #1 then
picked up a chair and said "not until I finish some business." Staff A said Resident #1 then threw
the chair against the window causing it to shatter.

Staff A went on to state that Resident #1 ran
out of his/her room towards Resident #2's room. Staff A said Resident #1 was screaming and
running causing residents to look. Staff A said when he/she got to the room there was Resident
#1 and #2. Staff A said he/she arrived in the room the same time Resident #3 and #4 entered. Staff
A reported that there was a split second where it was just Resident #1 and #2 alone in the room,
so he/she was able to pull Resident #2 to the side.

Staff A said Resident #1 was on the floor when
Resident #3 and #4 started kicking Resident #1.

Staff A then stated that he/she was trying to
cover Resident #1 and deflect as many of the kicks as possible. Staff A said about 10 seconds
after he/she arrived in the room, Staff C entered; however,

Staff C wasn't able to assist as much
because he/she was not trained in emergency safety interventions. Staff A said Resident #1
received about 10-15 kicks to the face and blood was everywhere.

Staff A then reported that
Resident #3 pushed Staff C to the side. Staff A recalled that Staff B came in the room right after
Staff C. Staff A stated that Resident #4 pushed Staff B through a crowd of residents that were
outside the room blocking the entrance. Staff A then reported that Staff B was able to get back up
and restrain Resident #4. Staff A said when Resident #4 was restrained, he/she could be heard
and got the residents to leave the area. Staff A said Staff B was able to get the aggressors out of
the room.

Staff A said he/she walked Resident #1 out of the room and and took Resident #1 to
the emergency room with Staff B.

Staff A stated that Staff C was on his/her second day of work,
so he/she was trying to get the residents away, but did not restrain anyone. Staff A indicated that
Resident #1 had a broken nose, 2 chipped teeth, but no concussion.

Staff A recalled that there
were about 15 residents present in the doorway at the time of the incident. Staff A reported that at
the time of the incident there were 29 residents total, including the ones that were fighting, and
three staff members on duty for that dorm.

Interview with Resident #1 was conducted on 6/28/2010 at 2:42 pm. Resident #1 reported that at
the beginning of the day he/she had a fight with another resident that day, who was later picked
on by Resident #5. Resident #1 said she/he told his/her counselor about the issue and the
counselor spoke with Resident #5. Resident #1 said later that day Resident #2 came to his/her
room and threatened him/her. Resident #1 said he/she got angry and ran down the hall to
Resident #2's room. Resident #1 said they started fighting and all he/she can remember is being
attacked by others. Resident #1 said Staff A was trying to keep Resident #2 off of him/her, while
Staff B was trying to enter the room.

Resident #1 stated that some residents blocking the door.
Resident #1 said residents were hitting him/her. Resident #1 said he/she went to the hospital and
was diagnosed with a broken nose and swelling. Resident #1 said Staff A and B took him/her to
the emergency room. Resident #1 said he/she blacked out a little when he/she was hit to the
head.

Resident #1 reported that staff knew he/she was getting angry throughout the day, but Staff
A did what he/she could. Resident #1 said he/she told his/her counselor that day that he/she was
being antagonized by Resident #5. Resident #1 said he/she thinks that Staff A knew about the
problems he/she was having and that's why Staff A came to the room to talk. Resident #1 said
Staff C didn't get in the room, but Staff B was trying to keep people out of the room.
Interview with Staff C was conducted on 6/28/2010 at 3:00 pm. Staff C said on June 10th, he/she
noticed something was going on when Resident #1 broke a window. Staff C said Staff A was with
Resident #1. Staff C said he/she was floating around the dorms when he/she heard yelling. Staff
C said Resident #2 was in the hallway when Resident #1 made it into Resident #2's room.

Staff C
said it was a "mad rush" between residents and staff going to the room. Staff C said when he/she
made it in the room, he/she saw Resident #2, #3, and #4 beating on Resident #1. Staff C stated
that he/she grabbed the shoulder of Resident #3 while Staff A was shielding Resident #1. Staff C
said Resident #3 was able to break free and kick Resident #1. Staff C said Staff B came in the
room after having some trouble entering due to residents blocking the doorway.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2011, 02:00:09 PM »
No, what you are describing is called "Sexual Contact" under the law.

"Sexual Contact" - The intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to abuse, humiliate, harass, degrade, or arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.

What DHS reported was "unwanted sexual activity" and sexual activity is legally defined as "sexual intercourse."

Those of us with an education and who have worked in the social services arena clearly know the difference, just like DHS does.  This is why they reported a rape and not a "groping" or "indecent exposure."

My point is that DHS did not use the word Rape.  If a rape occurred the DHS would have reported it that way.  As a reader you are taking DHS's words and finding a definition that will link it to the word rape.  There was never a rape reported by DHS.  The word does not appear in any of the ORS reports.  If you and Jill are trying to make an effort to be honest with the readers why would you not let the reports stand on their own?  Why do you need to place words in the report which are not there?

If you are willing to change the wording in this ORS report how many others have you substituted your own words into?

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
So, now we see "sexual activity" by defintion means "sexual intercourse." We also see from the report that this sexual intercourse was "unwelcome," i.e. the girl was raped. "Unwelcome sexual intercourse," Whooter. Read it carefully and try to understand what it means. It's the definition of "rape."

What happened to that girl, by definition, was rape.  We all know that already.

If a child was raped the DHS would have reported a rape and used the word rape (which they did not).  DHS understands the definition and the legal consequences much better than you or Jill does because that is their area of expertise and they were the ones interviewing and investigating.  If you and Jill feel that RCS is doing anything wrong then why do you need to reword the ORS reports?  Why not just be honest with the readers and present the facts as written by the DHS?

EXCUSE ME....  I HAVE POSTED THE ORS DOCUMENTS, UNALTERED, AS APPEARS ON THE ORS WEB-SITE have not COMMENTED on the NEW RCS report, alleged sexual assault of a MINOR nor REWORDED any RCS REPORT by the ORS.  THE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE PUBLIC ON THE ORS WEB-SITE ARE NOT COMPLETE DOCUMENTS OF THE INCIDENTS.  THE ORS DOES NOT POST COMPLETE DOCS.  ONE MUST REQUEST THEM PER FOIA ON A FORM.  I ONLY POSTED THE REPORTS.  ONE MAY ALSO REQUEST REPORTS FROM THE LCSO per FOIA.

I AM FAMILIAR AND HAVE DETAILED ORS DOCUMENTS PERTAINING TO RAPES AND SEXUAL HARRASSMENT, BOTH ON AND OFF-CAMPUS WHEN THE SCHOOL WAS HIDDEN LAKE ACADEMY....

• View Profile
RCS - Rape of a Child
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
You'll have to argue your point with the dictionary, Whooter.  I'm sorry to break it to you for the hundreth time, but the definition of rape is "unwelcome sexual activity" which was reported verbatim in the DHS report.  Maybe you can petition Webster to change it, but to the rest of that can read, the issue is closed.

Thanks, Jill.  I found this DHS report to be very informative about a rape that occurred at RCS but that was not reported to DHS or the police as required by law:

This rape occurred and wasn't reported to police or DHS, but RCS got caught with the coverup when investigators got a tip and interviewed the victim.

It stands to reason that there were other incidents but because RCS routinely covers up sex assaults, or rape in this case, the victims of these crimes have to suffer in silence.

RCS claims to be a "school," but schools are duty-bound by law to report crimes against students.  RCS apparently does not report crimes against the inmates housed there to the police.

Quote from: "ORS Report on RCS/HLA Prison Camp"
Based on record review, resident and staff interviews, the agency failed to provide for the needs,
care, protection, and supervision of the children in care;
Findings Include:
(1) During an interviews conducted on September 1, 2010 from 1:00 pm-3:30 pm with Residents
101, 102, 108, 109, 110, and 112 in which all residents acknowledged that they are aware of
residents engaging in sexually inappropriate behavior. It was reported that the residents would
sneak off in designated areas unbeknownst to staff.

(2) Record review on September 1, 2010 of Incident Report dated 06-06-10 for Resident #11
revealed Resident #11 along with 6 other females disclosed to staff an incident involving sexual
activity between Resident #11 and an older male resident. It was documented that Resident #11
appeared upset and stated that what occurred between herself (R11) and the male resident was
an unwelcome encounter.

Here's the definition of "sexual activity":

Noun 1. sexual activity - activities associated with sexual intercourse; "they had sex in the back seat"

definition

So, now we see "sexual activity" by defintion means "sexual intercourse."  We also see from the report that this sexual intercourse was "unwelcome," i.e. the girl was raped. "Unwelcome sexual intercourse," Whooter.  Read it carefully and try to understand what it means.  It's the definition of "rape."

RCS did not report this rape to the police, nor did they report the serious battery on a staff to police either.  Only after police/DHS investigate do they find out the true nature of the crimes committed on the grounds of the private correctional facility.

The Dahlonega Nugget also reported a "near riot" on the grounds as well, according to a local resident.  Who's running this place and why is it so unsafe for inmates and guards?

Rape/sex assault/beatings, etc. seem to be happening regularly there according to DHS reports.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
So, now we see "sexual activity" by defintion means "sexual intercourse." We also see from the report that this sexual intercourse was "unwelcome," i.e. the girl was raped. "Unwelcome sexual intercourse," Whooter. Read it carefully and try to understand what it means. It's the definition of "rape."

If a child was raped the DHS would have reported a rape and used the word rape (which they did not).  DHS understands the definition and the legal consequences much better than you or Jill does because that is their area of expertise and they were the ones interviewing and investigating.  If you and Jill feel that RCS is doing anything wrong then why do you need to reword the ORS reports?  Why not just be honest with the readers and present the facts as written by the DHS?

EXCUSE ME....  I HAVE POSTED THE ORS DOCUMENTS, UNALTERED, AS APPEARS ON THE ORS WEB-SITE have not COMMENTED on the NEW RCS report, alleged sexual assault of a MINOR nor REWORDED any RCS REPORT by the ORS.  THE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE PUBLIC ON THE ORS WEB-SITE ARE NOT COMPLETE DOCUMENTS OF THE INCIDENTS.  THE ORS DOES NOT POST COMPLETE DOCS.  ONE MUST REQUEST THEM PER FOIA ON A FORM.  I ONLY POSTED THE REPORTS.  ONE MAY ALSO REQUEST REPORTS FROM THE LCSO per FOIA.

I AM FAMILIAR AND HAVE DETAILED ORS DOCUMENTS PERTAINING TO RAPES AND SEXUAL HARRASSMENT, BOTH ON AND OFF-CAMPUS WHEN THE SCHOOL WAS HIDDEN LAKE ACADEMY....

I dont expect you to answer honestly because you have been avoiding this question, but I will give this question another shot:

Jill, Do you have any ORS documents that mention the word rape in regards to Ridge Creek School?  Did DHS report a rape occurring at Ridge Creek School?

• View Profile
RCS - Child Rape
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
Do you have any documents from DHS that refer to a "school," Whooter?  Why would you use the word school when DHS calls RCS a "provider"?  That's dishonest and we all just agreed that RCS is in no way a school.  

I don't expect an honest answer from you, Whooter, but I'll ask again anyway.  Where do the reports say "school"?

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Quote from: "RCS FAQ"
After all, many of the problems that an adolescent female faces seem to arise from contact with the opposite sex.

At RCS the contact that the female residents have with the male residents is rape.  But RCS sees no need to separate the boys and girls, parents.  Your precious little girls will be exposed to sexual predators at the facility and it's by design.

Quote from: "DHS Report of Child Rape at RCS"
It was documented that Resident #11
appeared upset and stated that what occurred between herself (R11) and the male resident was
an unwelcome encounter.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »

I dont expect you to answer honestly because you have been avoiding this question, but I will give this question another shot:

Jill, Do you have any ORS documents that mention the word rape in regards to Ridge Creek School?  Did DHS report a rape occurring at Ridge Creek School?

AGAIN, I did not comment on the 'current' RCS ORS  "published" report as you have continously stated that I did and  you continously avoid answering to your egregious lies.   I have no idea if DHS reported a rape at the current "Ridge Creek School."  I only published the PUBLIC ORS report as I do not have the FULL report.

The  09/01/2010 RCS report clearly states  an "unwelcome encounter" under resident sexual activity in the RCS report.  However you wish to spin this is up to you.

Georgia Penal Code
16-6-22.1. Sexual battery.
(a) For the purposes of this Code section, the term "intimate parts" means the primary genital area, anus, groin, inner thighs, or buttocks
of a male or female and the breasts of a female.
(b) A person commits the offense of sexual battery when he intentionally makes physical contact with the intimate parts of the body of another person without the consent of that person.(c) A person convicted of the offense of sexual battery shall be punished as for a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

"Unwelcome Encounter"

Adj. - "Unwelcome" - Adj. 1. unwelcome - not welcome; not giving pleasure or received with pleasure; "unwelcome publicity"; "unwelcome interruptions"; "unwelcome visitors"

Noun - "Encounter" - (?n-koun't?r)
n.
A meeting, especially one that is unplanned, unexpected, or brief: a chance encounter in the park.

A hostile or adversarial confrontation; a contest: a tense naval encounter.
An often violent meeting; a clash.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »

The  09/01/2010 RCS report clearly states  an "unwelcome encounter" under resident sexual activity in the RCS report.  However you wish to spin this is up to you.

"Unwelcome Encounter"

Adj. - "Unwelcome" - Adj. 1. unwelcome - not welcome; not giving pleasure or received with pleasure; "unwelcome publicity"; "unwelcome interruptions"; "unwelcome visitors"

Noun - "Encounter" - (?n-koun't?r)
n.
A meeting, especially one that is unplanned, unexpected, or brief: a chance encounter in the park.

A hostile or adversarial confrontation; a contest: a tense naval encounter.
An often violent meeting; a clash.

Thank you for being honest and straightforward, Jill.
 If the readers feel that an "unwelcome encounter" is the same as raping someone than that is their choice, I think we both agree here.  But to reword the ORS documents and change their wording is wrong and misleading to the readers.

I dont understand why someone would want to do this unless they feel RCS is improving substantially and there is not enough bad press available to keep them in a bad light.  Otherwise why not state honestly that a child had an unwelcome encounter?  Do you see what I mean?

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, Goose.  Can you tell us about your experience with RCS?

We generally post what's available from DHS but the latest reports aren't online. What can you add that is more recent?

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »
Not at this time, I am just seeking information right now and ran across this site, started reading and was stunned to see this report in just about every thread about this school. It just shocked me and upset me to see how many times this report was being used as “proof” how bad the kids were at the school. From the information I have learned, first hand, and second hand (my son), I will handle things in my own time.

More surprised than anything at this point that six month old reports are the best you have. There is more out there.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »
Quote from: "goose"
I wish you guys would stop using the report about the resident being kicked in the head 10-15 times. That was my son that got his head kicked in. Is this the only report you have to make your report, why don't you have something more recent.

I apologize for the posters insensitivity here on fornits, Goose.  Many here on fornits tend to try to find the most brutal reports and hold them out and post them over and over again without regards to how it affects the children and their families.  Many here claim to care about the children but they are just using their stories to further their own personal agenda.  I would not be surprised if Dysfunction Junction continues to post your sons story even after you asked him to stop.  Personally I will respect your request and not refer to him any further here on fornits.

I am sorry to hear this happened to your son and hope he is doing well and was able to move on with his life down a better path.

I am sure if there was something more recent which would show RCS in a bad light then they would post that, but there is not.