Author Topic: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success  (Read 30328 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School experiencing well deserved success
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
They have attained accreditation from the State of Georgia to teach kids within the state.  So it seems you are once again trying to mislead the readers, DJ.  I will have to go with the GAC (Georgia accrediting Commission),  The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement and the information provided from the school itself.

Lets take a look:

Continuing our long history of academic excellence, we, the faculty and the staff of Ridge Creek Boarding School, are pleased to announce our "quality" accreditation designation granted by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACSCASI) and Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC) . Our enduring goal is to provide an unsurpassed learning and therapeutic environment for adolescents struggling during this difficult phase of life.

Link

If one wishes to uncover the facts, one does research before they speak out of the side of their mouth.  Only a naive individual would utilize marketing literature to back up their hypothesis.  Ridiculous.  

One shall find Ridge Creek School  GAC accreditation under "EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES WITH SPECIAL PURPOSEShttp://SCROLL DOWN IF ONE CAN MANGAGE THAT.[url=http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/members/2010_2011/EASP_Oct_2010.pdf]http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/members/2010 ... t_2010.pdf[/url]

GEORGIA ACCREDITING COMMISSION, INC.
2010-2011
EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES WITH SPECIAL PURPOSES

CONTACT: Executive Director for further explanation if needed.
Carvin Brown, Ed.D.
1860 Barnett Shoals Road
Suite 103, PMB 594
Athens, GA 30605-6821
[email protected]
706-353-7090 (Phone)

Member Schools:   Broken down into Sections for GAC Accredtation
Public Schools

Public Pre-Kindergartens

Private Schools

Private Pre-Kindergartens

Educational Agencies with Special Purposes

RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL FALLS UNDER THIS JURISDICTION
Non-Traditional Educational Centers

Standards for Educational Agencies With Special Purposes

http://http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/standards/agencies.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
More marketing from Ridge Creek 'School', which is beyond laughable.  A little out-of-date...they need to update this, in case of a lawsuit.

School Overview:
  Ridge Creek School
School Type School with Special Program Emphasis
School Membership(s) Georgia Accrediting Commission
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Other school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Religious Affiliation Nonsectarian
Grades Offered Grades 8 - 12
Learning Differences Supported Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
Student Body
Total Students 150 students
Student Body Type Co-ed
% Students of Color n/a
(GA School Avg.: 22%)
Students by Grade
 Grade 8 - 10 students
 Grade 9 - 30 students
 Grade 10 - 40 students
 Grade 11 - 50 students
 Grade 12 - 20 students
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers 18 teachers List of Courses Offered Link to List of Courses
Teacher : Student Ratio 1:9(National school avg.: 1:16)
School Days in Calendar Year 210 days
(GA School Avg.: 180 days)
Hours in School Day for Students 7 hours
(GA School Avg.: 7 hours)
Finances and Admission
Admission Deadline None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost $4,800
Tuition Notes Unfortunately, family problems do not respect economic cycles. They come regardless of our financial ability to deal with them. At Ridge Creek School, we understand this painful reality. This is the reason that we have created a truly unique and effective
Sports
Total Sports Offered 11 sports
 Sports
 Baseball Basketball
 Cross Country Golf
 Soccer Softball
 Tennis Track and Field
 Volley Ball Weightlifting
 Wrestling  

School Notes:
Ridge Creek School utilizes an individualized approach to allow for intensive study for remediation as well as enrichment. We are fully accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), SAIS (Southern Association of Independent Schools), and GAC (Georgia Accrediting Commission). We are accredited as a "traditional college preparatory school", as opposed to a special needs or alternative schools. Ridge Creek School students have the opportunity to earn their high school diploma. 100% of our high school graduates are accepted into a college. The combination of personalized study, integrated curriculum, and academic support provides our students with a solid academic foundation for the rest of their lives. The RCS Learning Center is staffed with qualified special education staff. Students with learning differences who complete the RCS program gain increased academic self-confidence, and a more positive self-image.
Profile last updated: 08/16/2010
School Zip Statistics:

Continue to link:  http://http://www.privateschoolreview.com/school_ov/school_id/35628

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
Thanks Jill (even through the sarcasm)

"Ridge Creek/Mountain Brook Academy
7-12

ACC (accredited)
830 Hidden Lake Road
Dahlonega, Georgia 30533"
[/color]

So Ridge Creek School remains accredited (as a specialty school) until 7/12 /2011.  In Massachusetts they do not have this category and the schools are in limbo, it is good that Georgia at least recognizes that specialty schools exist and provides some guidelines for the institutions.  These TBS's do not fit into any of the normal categories because the kids come from all over the world and some only stay as little as 6 months and non of them attend for their entire highschool years.

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
Whoorter,

You are just dead bang wrong on the issue of the school growing because they are advertising for positions. They keep advertising for positions because staff keeps walking out of the door. They are in the throws right now of trying to keep even more staff from walking out of the door. The staff keeps leaving because they are not getting paid timely or at all.

Keep your eyes open and in the local paper for additional trouble at the school. If the press is doing their job at all it will be written on. I mean it is hard to hide an event that causes not only the Lumpkin county sheriff’s office to respond, but the state police as well. This area is not New York City, it is small town America.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »
Quote from: "goose"
Whoorter,

You are just dead bang wrong on the issue of the school growing because they are advertising for positions. They keep advertising for positions because staff keeps walking out of the door. They are in the throws right now of trying to keep even more staff from walking out of the door. The staff keeps leaving because they are not getting paid timely or at all.

Keep your eyes open and in the local paper for additional trouble at the school. If the press is doing their job at all it will be written on. I mean it is hard to hide an event that causes not only the Lumpkin county sheriff’s office to respond, but the state police as well. This area is not New York City, it is small town America.

If you are right on this goose then they do not have long to live.  Most businesses know that they have to keep the employees happy and pay them.  If the employees are not getting paid then they are indeed in trouble.   I will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next several months.

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:03 PM »
I think several months may be a little generous to be honest, if they do not make some changes right away in the way they handle the finances of this school, it won’t last that long.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about this school closing because of the treatment of the kids, the way they handle the kids or the need for this type of school. I do not feel like some on this site that all of these types of schools are prisons and should all be shut down. I am only commenting on the fiscal position that the school currently holds.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
I think several months may be a little generous to be honest, if they do not make some changes right away in the way they handle the finances of this school, it won’t last that long.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about this school closing because of the treatment of the kids, the way they handle the kids or the need for this type of school. I do not feel like some on this site that all of these types of schools are prisons and should all be shut down. I am only commenting on the fiscal position that the school currently holds.

Thanks for that Info, goose, it will be interesting to watch the news come out on this.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »
Tuition Notes Unfortunately, family problems do not respect economic cycles. They come regardless of our financial ability to deal with them. At Ridge Creek School, we understand this painful reality. This is the reason that we have created a truly unique and effective...

What? Amortized Loan Program? Quick Mortgage Refinancing Program?  :deal:
Two Years of Torture with 30 years to pay.

Surely these people can find some ethical work to do.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
@Goose
Was ORS involved in the lastest therapeutic abuse? Might one find a report there soon?

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
Freeofcc,

There WAS NO therapeutic abuse. Did you read the post at all? This had nothing to do with the way the kids were or are being treated. However, as stated, the police were involved so I would suspect that ORS has to be involved and there will be some kind of follow up from them. As to when or if an ORS report would be available, that is up to ORS, they work on their own time tables.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
Did you read your post? Which part indicated there was no Therapeutic Abuse?
Hard to put a puzzle together when pieces are missing. Doin the best I can, with HLAs sordid history as my guide.

Offline goose

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »
Freeofcc

That’s a big jump to assume that there must be therapeutic abuse because you did not read that there was no abuse. You are part of the problem, you assume that abuse occurs at all of these school and they all must be bad. You know what they say when you assume.

I will spell it out for you, I have no personal knowledge of therapeutic abuse at this school, nor did my post say that there was therapeutic abuse going on at this school. I will only deal with what I know.

The puzzle is only hard to put together because you start with false assumptions and build from there. Like any puzzle, start with the corner pieces, then work around the edges, then you can build the inside picture.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

Thanks for that Info, goose, it will be interesting to watch the news come out on this.

Maybe Buccellato and company can dip into The Chapel Fund....oops, already did that...  Well, why not create "The New Ridge Creek Chapel Fund."

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:48 PM »
Whoorter,

If you are right on this goose then they do not have long to live.  Most businesses know that they have to keep the employees happy and pay them.  If the employees are not getting paid then they are indeed in trouble.   I will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next several months.

If one contacts former and current staff - meeting payroll was a continuous problem, even when HLA was in it's glory being bilked.    Kind of like the Eastern Airlines story.  Bilked.  40,000 employees lost their jobs and Frank Borman retires to Texas a multi-millionaire.  Not that I wish the HLA/RCS 'crew' on Texas.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 11:32:39 PM »
Freeofcc
The puzzle is only hard to put together because you start with false assumptions and build from there. Like any puzzle, start with the corner pieces, then work around the edges, then you can build the inside picture.

Can I buy a Corner Piece for a'hunerd? What indicates there was no Therapeutic Abuse? For all I know, a staff coulda lost his noodle and went gansta on one of the patients.