Author Topic: WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California  (Read 30593 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Orange County World Works
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »
I was involved with this cult called World Works through the introduction, experience, and into the leadership. It is an extremely manipulative group where the main leaders squeeze volunteers to run the organization, yet the leaders pocket all of the money. Helping out in the community is definely the only benefit that comes from it, but it is at the cost of demeaning its members, manipulating their friends and loved ones, and dumping all of your free time and energy into the organization. People lose their identities in this thing. I still hear about events that they have, and one is coming up this weekend, their "Cradle night" - the culmination of a week long training where they punish and diminish everyone to their breaking points and then elevate them back up by having the rest of the group hold them over their heads in a huge ceremony.

Here is the information if anyone is interested for any reason:
**Cradling starts at 6:30pm**

The Holiday Inn Grand (not the Santa Anna Plaza )
2726 South Grand Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 481-6300

Please wear black or dark clothing (and don't be seen!)

In addition and also at the Holiday Inn we have:
The Experience Celebration
When:  Sunday, May 20th  - 7:00 pm

Guest Event
When: Monday, May 21st
LP clearing: 6:30pm
Guest Event : 7:30pm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
World Works Inc.
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
My good friend is in month 4 of "training" she's tried to recruit me once but i fended it off. I assume she'll try again. Does anyone have info on World Works Inc? Please share your stories, I think in a month, if she's still in the haze I will try to intervene. I'd love to read ANYTHING about this group or it's founder Lisa Kalmin. I think it is run like a cult and need some ammo to talk some sense into her. Also if you've gone through the training and now look back and see what it really is, please share details or email me, I'd love to know what tactics they use specifically.

Thanks!!

[email protected]

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 09:06:41 PM »
http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/ ... 1166567029

tihs is what someone posted on a message board
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 02:56:09 AM »
::bump::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »
I did the whole first entro and actually liked the fact that it was about love and peace and giving back to the community and helping each other.  I did feel some of their ways was a bit harsh and out there but I also know ( I am a psychologist) that sometimes people are afraid to see themselves and they need a little push.  I was fine with the whole course until when the guest event came...at that point I felt they were pushing people HARD and it became about SIGNING up and I felt bad.  I felt what the heck happened to world peace and love. Why are the pushing people so dang Hard. That was my warning sign!  I still liked the concept and I actually did learn things from the class about myself and may even do the next class but again I know the psychological forms of manipulation and just use from the class what I need and leave behind the rest and when pressured..I DID NOT BREAK...where someone who is younger or more naive, would.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:48 AM »
Quote from: ""smiley""
I did the whole first entro and actually liked the fact that it was about love and peace and giving back to the community and helping each other.  I did feel some of their ways was a bit harsh and out there but I also know ( I am a psychologist) that sometimes people are afraid to see themselves and they need a little push.  I was fine with the whole course until when the guest event came...at that point I felt they were pushing people HARD and it became about SIGNING up and I felt bad.  I felt what the heck happened to world peace and love. Why are the pushing people so dang Hard. That was my warning sign!  I still liked the concept and I actually did learn things from the class about myself and may even do the next class but again I know the psychological forms of manipulation and just use from the class what I need and leave behind the rest and when pressured..I DID NOT BREAK...where someone who is younger or more naive, would.

I think you are fooling yourself if you think it's all about "love and peace and giving back to the community and helping each other."  It's all about $$$ and getting more suckers such as yourself plastered by the intro.  That's why they are "pushing people so dang Hard."

They mix in a few truths so that people will bite the bait.  I think you can learn a lot more about yourself elsewhere without compromising your community, not to mention your integrity, by giving these leeches credence they don't deserve.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 05:37:02 PM »
and that is your perspective.  I think whatever works for you and your process of self analysis and discovery is what is good for you.  I chose this path for a little while and may continue and may not.   You may not feel this is good for you and that they are out for money and that is your perspective and for you that is right.  As far as them being out for money...of course...they are a bussiness and all bussiness are out for money. Who isn't...  so knowing that, you have to choose for yourself.  If you choose to go in go in with THAT understanding (that they are out for money too) and take from it what you want and leave what you don't want...just like any other expereince in  life. Again, for some...I think this is a very extreme way of self analysis and may end up damaging then helping.  However, for some it may bring them some awareness of themselves that they never knew about and that too can be valuable.  Just do your research and know what you are getting yourself into and what you are signing up and don't go in blind and know if it is not what you want to do at any time...LEAVE..be strong and don't let them talk you into staying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running away from this
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 12:56:23 AM »
I am so not going to do this I felt the same way... I am freaked out and they have my friend wraped.

Quote from: ""Guest""
Cool site-Wish I saw B4 spending $ on Worldworks Inc.

One of my closest friends was relentless about my getting enrolled. My gut feeling was that by her being able to recruit me-somehow gave her "points" in her favor.

I had a bad feeling about enrolling but did so against my better judgement.

The 1st class was tolerable. However, by the 2nd course-I found it not-and was able to confirm my suspicions...

In my opinion...(So as to not sound ARROGANT (a popular word used at the workshop)...and not make my words be like of "higher authority")..lol

...The class came off very much Cult & Scientology like...Funny that these words kept repeating themselves in my head like something telling me to be cautious of what I was getting into.

I went home and did research and found the group did indeed have Scientology roots and was a spin off of "Lifespring" and "Landmark Forum"-who are considered to be a cult on another website(s).

LESSON I LEARNED-Never allow a person to determine for you who you are,what is right for you and manipulate you-let alone be abusive toward you.

One more thing. I am no longer in touch w/ persons whom I briefly befriended at the courses & as for that one close friend who enrolled me?...She has NOT EVEN returned my call after I abandoned the 2nd course on the 2nd or 3rd day...

(It's already going on 6 months since we've last spoken -and we WERE very close)

Going back to the time I had abandoned the course...I was supposed to show up wearing a bikini-wasn't ashamed of this at all-Just felt enough was enough not to mention trying to heal from Bronchitis at the time- Boy did they have something to say about that one: To them I was only having a reaction to the course and not really sick(psychosematic) The bronchitis was already present b4 the class was even thought of.

I noticed that people with health problems were shot down from leaving the course and openly scrutinized for this in front of the entire classroom audience.

In fact...When I was starting to feel weak from not eating properly and on a timely manner-(we were all rushed in this and not given enough time-a poular cult method to wear and break you down to brainwash you I've found)...

I attempted to leave but one person-no exageration- grabbed me by my arm and asked sternly where I was going and after telling him  that I needed to leave...he said "LIKE HELL YOU ARE" and made me sit back down.

The trainer/staff commented about "my racket" but I soon realized that everything they accused me of being-They indeed were- Especially with this thing of "being a racket and arrogant and manipulative".  

I'm curious to know...What happened that one day I decided not show up at all...Does the person  hold up or screw up the class or something?  

All I know is that my home phone & cell phone were feverishly ringing off the hook and my voicemail  become full before noon with their messages such as "WHERE ARE YOU, you're TAKING from the group-you NEED to show up, because I NEED to show up"! AND..."It is IMPERATIVE that you come-doesn't matter if you're late -we'll all PAY your cab fare"!

Wow-that's 80-85 bucks!  I feel bad because I just blew them off-figured this is what they all get for being rude to me-after being humiliated by the trainer -I noticed others didn't seem to be nice to me anymore -like they didn't respect me anymore because the trainer didn't and she made a spectacle of me in front of the entire class.

Does anyone know what happens if an individual does not show up?-because they were sure raising a lot of hell about it.  I did not think it a big deal but when I had staff members calling me-even the vice president and the recruiters-I became curios to know...

Sincerely,

Amy Braddock of Whittier, CA

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running away from this
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 12:57:27 AM »
I am so not going to do this I felt the same way... I am freaked out and they have my friend wraped.

Quote from: ""Guest""
Cool site-Wish I saw B4 spending $ on Worldworks Inc.

One of my closest friends was relentless about my getting enrolled. My gut feeling was that by her being able to recruit me-somehow gave her "points" in her favor.

I had a bad feeling about enrolling but did so against my better judgement.

The 1st class was tolerable. However, by the 2nd course-I found it not-and was able to confirm my suspicions...

In my opinion...(So as to not sound ARROGANT (a popular word used at the workshop)...and not make my words be like of "higher authority")..lol

...The class came off very much Cult & Scientology like...Funny that these words kept repeating themselves in my head like something telling me to be cautious of what I was getting into.

I went home and did research and found the group did indeed have Scientology roots and was a spin off of "Lifespring" and "Landmark Forum"-who are considered to be a cult on another website(s).

LESSON I LEARNED-Never allow a person to determine for you who you are,what is right for you and manipulate you-let alone be abusive toward you.

One more thing. I am no longer in touch w/ persons whom I briefly befriended at the courses & as for that one close friend who enrolled me?...She has NOT EVEN returned my call after I abandoned the 2nd course on the 2nd or 3rd day...

(It's already going on 6 months since we've last spoken -and we WERE very close)

Going back to the time I had abandoned the course...I was supposed to show up wearing a bikini-wasn't ashamed of this at all-Just felt enough was enough not to mention trying to heal from Bronchitis at the time- Boy did they have something to say about that one: To them I was only having a reaction to the course and not really sick(psychosematic) The bronchitis was already present b4 the class was even thought of.

I noticed that people with health problems were shot down from leaving the course and openly scrutinized for this in front of the entire classroom audience.

In fact...When I was starting to feel weak from not eating properly and on a timely manner-(we were all rushed in this and not given enough time-a poular cult method to wear and break you down to brainwash you I've found)...

I attempted to leave but one person-no exageration- grabbed me by my arm and asked sternly where I was going and after telling him  that I needed to leave...he said "LIKE HELL YOU ARE" and made me sit back down.

The trainer/staff commented about "my racket" but I soon realized that everything they accused me of being-They indeed were- Especially with this thing of "being a racket and arrogant and manipulative".  

I'm curious to know...What happened that one day I decided not show up at all...Does the person  hold up or screw up the class or something?  

All I know is that my home phone & cell phone were feverishly ringing off the hook and my voicemail  become full before noon with their messages such as "WHERE ARE YOU, you're TAKING from the group-you NEED to show up, because I NEED to show up"! AND..."It is IMPERATIVE that you come-doesn't matter if you're late -we'll all PAY your cab fare"!

Wow-that's 80-85 bucks!  I feel bad because I just blew them off-figured this is what they all get for being rude to me-after being humiliated by the trainer -I noticed others didn't seem to be nice to me anymore -like they didn't respect me anymore because the trainer didn't and she made a spectacle of me in front of the entire class.

Does anyone know what happens if an individual does not show up?-because they were sure raising a lot of hell about it.  I did not think it a big deal but when I had staff members calling me-even the vice president and the recruiters-I became curios to know...

Sincerely,

Amy Braddock of Whittier, CA

Offline Sidhe Shee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 10:27:09 PM »
May sound funny, but the first thing I pictured was a Religous Pyramid.  Sounds a lot like Premier Educational Seminar stuff too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »
[/img]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 02:03:45 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WorldWorks
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
This is a powerful training, I can see why cults would use a similar method. But in this case, the method is used for the trainee to identify his/her beliefs in order to deal with them, get past them, and accomplish any goals they may have - to think big. Of course it is unusual, its meant to take you out of your comfort zone, meant to challenge you. To the poster about the bathing suit, the point is, you work through any fear you had about the bathing suit and realize it doesn't matter, you are stronger than your fears.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
World Works
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »
There is a lot of pressure to keep you word. If you commit to bringing a certain amount of people into the program, then you must keep your committment. That's what this whole program is about, keeping your committment to yourself. I went through the program and found it to be extremely challenging, at the end, I experienced that goals are tough, achieving and keeping your word it tough, this made me realize that I have the power to do what I want.

Does Lisa make good money, she sure does, and she should. She is providing people with an opportunity to change their lives, to empower themselves.

This program purposely takes you out of your comfort zone, because, for most of us, our comfort zone is not working. Its our comfort zone that keeps us from being all we can be in personal relationships and in careers - in life!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »
Necropost time? Necropost time.