Author Topic: Ridge Creek "School" - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation  (Read 57488 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2011, 03:44:25 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
The tuition at Harvard is 38 thousand and change. The room and board puts the total up to 50. The incidentals aren't being counted at RC, so for this we shouldn't count them at Harvard. Either way however the total is less than Ridge Creek, and by far much less abusive.

The payments to RCS include Room and Board.

After paying almost six grand a month? Why shouldn't he take a cut? I mean what are these parents paying for right now anyway?

Because we dont know what he is making now, Robert.  Right now the accountants have it structured so that everyone gets paid at the end of the month.  If they add expenses then they need to either increase their income (pass it off to the consumer) or take money away from peoples pay.  Would you take a cut in pay to help pay for a night guard in your company so that the night people would be safer?  Not many people would.  I am sure the owner is given a salary like everyone else.

I agree that they seem to need more help (especially at night), but I dont know enough about their expenses and salaries to understand how the extra expenses should be covered.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
$175 per day is inexpensive.  

CALO (Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks)

$250 - $400 per day.

No, just one is more expensive than the other. Would either one of you stay in a Motel 6 for $175.00 a night?

The prices are set by you and I, Robert.  If people started paying $175 a night for a motel 6 and they rented all their rooms everynight then they would raise their rates until there was not a back log anymore.  On the other hand if no one paid $175 a night for a Motel 6 then they would be forced to lower their price.  They would continue to lower their price until people started to pull off the highway and check in.  Once they get enough people coming in this will define what their rooms are worth.  If there was a Motel 6 in Times Square, they would probably get $1,000 a night on New Years eve and you would have to book a year in advance.

The people set the prices for things, not the manufacturers.  The parents set the price for RCS, not the owners.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »
I disagree. People won't pay high prices if they know they are recieving a crap product. Program owners like Buchi use scare tactics and false advertising to lure lazy/desperate parents in and then provide a useless product. When it doesn't work they simply claim it's the parents/child's fault.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
I disagree. People won't pay high prices if they know they are recieving a crap product. Program owners like Buchi use scare tactics and false advertising to lure lazy/desperate parents in and then provide a useless product. When it doesn't work they simply claim it's the parents/child's fault.

Thank you.... :tup:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

Its okay to disagree, this is the strength of the forum design.  I think you are right in one respect, Robert, that if someone is providing a crap product then people will not purchase it.  If RCS does not provide a product worth its price then it will fold.  The fact that it is thriving can be considered testimony that it is providing a service worthy of the price that it demands.

This is why I suggest that parents speak to parents who have had kids go through the program.  This way the new prospective parents get a chance to ask some tough questions which the program may not want to answer.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »
I think that prospective RCS parents should talk to the parents of the girls and boys who were raped and beaten.  This way they get the truth and not some fake story from a parent who feels guilty for not doing their job and abandoning their child to the likes of seasoned child abusers/neglectors like RCS.

Once these idiot parents sink the kid's college fund into RCS they aren't going to admit that RCS is a shithole very readily.  They have to justify ruining their child's future while simultaneously ruining their present.  Parents carry a ton of denial about their children's abuse because of the cash they sunk into getting their kid abused.  It's a common way of dealing with buyer's remorse - deny the problem so they can't be blamed for causing it.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
I think that prospective RCS parents should talk to the parents of the girls and boys who were raped and beaten.  This way they get the truth and not some fake story from a parent who feels guilty for not doing their job and abandoning their child to the likes of seasoned child abusers/neglectors like RCS.

Once these idiot parents sink the kid's college fund into RCS they aren't going to admit that RCS is a shithole very readily.  They have to justify ruining their child's future while simultaneously ruining their present.  Parents carry a ton of denial about their children's abuse because of the cash they sunk into getting their kid abused.  It's a common way of dealing with buyer's remorse - deny the problem so they can't be blamed for causing it.
:tup:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »
I think it depends on a person’s perspective.  Watchful Yeoman,  you obviously see the industry from a different vantage point and bring a unique argument to the table. Personally I don’t see why RCS would want to have parents speak to parents whose kids were raped or beaten any more than a car dealership would want to hang up pictures of car accidents and photos of people lying along the side of the road nor would they be likely to refer prospective customers to talk to those who had body parts amputated due to defective vehicles.

The schools will cherry pick a list of parents who had kids which did extremely well in the program, I think we would all agree.  The prospective parents know this also, but it still gives them a chance to ask some questions that the school may be biased in answering.  I think it is a good way for the parents to get some honest information about a school (or any product or business).

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
Quote from: "DHS Report on RCS Prison Camp"
Staff A said Resident #1 then
picked up a chair and said "not until I finish some business." Staff A said Resident #1 then threw
the chair against the window causing it to shatter.

Staff A went on to state that Resident #1 ran
out of his/her room towards Resident #2's room. Staff A said Resident #1 was screaming and
running causing residents to look. Staff A said when he/she got to the room there was Resident
#1 and #2. Staff A said he/she arrived in the room the same time Resident #3 and #4 entered. Staff
A reported that there was a split second where it was just Resident #1 and #2 alone in the room,
so he/she was able to pull Resident #2 to the side.

Staff A said Resident #1 was on the floor when
Resident #3 and #4 started kicking Resident #1.

Staff A then stated that he/she was trying to
cover Resident #1 and deflect as many of the kicks as possible. Staff A said about 10 seconds
after he/she arrived in the room, Staff C entered; however,

Staff C wasn't able to assist as much
because he/she was not trained in emergency safety interventions. Staff A said Resident #1
received about 10-15 kicks to the face and blood was everywhere.

Staff A then reported that
Resident #3 pushed Staff C to the side. Staff A recalled that Staff B came in the room right after
Staff C. Staff A stated that Resident #4 pushed Staff B through a crowd of residents that were
outside the room blocking the entrance. Staff A then reported that Staff B was able to get back up
and restrain Resident #4. Staff A said when Resident #4 was restrained, he/she could be heard
and got the residents to leave the area. Staff A said Staff B was able to get the aggressors out of
the room.

Staff A said he/she walked Resident #1 out of the room and and took Resident #1 to
the emergency room with Staff B.

Staff A stated that Staff C was on his/her second day of work,
so he/she was trying to get the residents away, but did not restrain anyone. Staff A indicated that
Resident #1 had a broken nose, 2 chipped teeth, but no concussion.

Staff A recalled that there
were about 15 residents present in the doorway at the time of the incident. Staff A reported that at
the time of the incident there were 29 residents total, including the ones that were fighting, and
three staff members on duty for that dorm.

Interview with Resident #1 was conducted on 6/28/2010 at 2:42 pm. Resident #1 reported that at
the beginning of the day he/she had a fight with another resident that day, who was later picked
on by Resident #5. Resident #1 said she/he told his/her counselor about the issue and the
counselor spoke with Resident #5. Resident #1 said later that day Resident #2 came to his/her
room and threatened him/her. Resident #1 said he/she got angry and ran down the hall to
Resident #2's room. Resident #1 said they started fighting and all he/she can remember is being
attacked by others. Resident #1 said Staff A was trying to keep Resident #2 off of him/her, while
Staff B was trying to enter the room.

Resident #1 stated that some residents blocking the door.
Resident #1 said residents were hitting him/her. Resident #1 said he/she went to the hospital and
was diagnosed with a broken nose and swelling. Resident #1 said Staff A and B took him/her to
the emergency room. Resident #1 said he/she blacked out a little when he/she was hit to the
head.

Resident #1 reported that staff knew he/she was getting angry throughout the day, but Staff
A did what he/she could. Resident #1 said he/she told his/her counselor that day that he/she was
being antagonized by Resident #5. Resident #1 said he/she thinks that Staff A knew about the
problems he/she was having and that's why Staff A came to the room to talk. Resident #1 said
Staff C didn't get in the room, but Staff B was trying to keep people out of the room.
Interview with Staff C was conducted on 6/28/2010 at 3:00 pm. Staff C said on June 10th, he/she
noticed something was going on when Resident #1 broke a window. Staff C said Staff A was with
Resident #1. Staff C said he/she was floating around the dorms when he/she heard yelling. Staff
C said Resident #2 was in the hallway when Resident #1 made it into Resident #2's room.

Staff C
said it was a "mad rush" between residents and staff going to the room. Staff C said when he/she
made it in the room, he/she saw Resident #2, #3, and #4 beating on Resident #1. Staff C stated
that he/she grabbed the shoulder of Resident #3 while Staff A was shielding Resident #1. Staff C
said Resident #3 was able to break free and kick Resident #1. Staff C said Staff B came in the
room after having some trouble entering due to residents blocking the doorway.

Obviously, RCS is just a "school" where there's lots of "structure" to keep it a "safe environment for the kids."

RCS is like Lord of the fucking Flies, man.  The inmates run it.

I'm sure RCS will make these parents available for others to interview before locking their kids up at RCS, right?

Those DHS reports just keep a-comin' now, don't they?
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

Obviously, RCS is just a "school" where there's lots of "structure" to keep it a "safe environment for the kids."

RCS is like Lord of the fucking Flies, man.  The inmates run it.

I'm sure RCS will make these parents available for others to interview before locking their kids up at RCS, right?

Those DHS reports just keep a-comin' now, don't they?

I have to agree here that RCS needs more help especially on the night staff.  If a child was beat up or did not do well than I don't believe that RCS would use his/her name as a reference for prospective parents to call.  I don't think RCS would use the students listed above.

Think of it this way:

If you owned a restaurant and someone had a bad experience, had a rude waiter etc.  You would not solicit them as a reference to other prospective customers or list their responses on your web site.  You want to try to list only those people who had the most positive experiences.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I think it depends on a person’s perspective.  Watchful Yeoman,  you obviously see the industry from a different vantage point and bring a unique argument to the table. Personally I don’t see why RCS would want to have parents speak to parents whose kids were raped or beaten any more than a car dealership would want to hang up pictures of car accidents and photos of people lying along the side of the road nor would they be likely to refer prospective customers to talk to those who had body parts amputated due to defective vehicles.

The schools will cherry pick a list of parents who had kids which did extremely well in the program, I think we would all agree.  The prospective parents know this also, but it still gives them a chance to ask some questions that the school may be biased in answering.  I think it is a good way for the parents to get some honest information about a school (or any product or business).

This guy just loves his backyard barbecue stories. I think he has like cue cards an pulls the appropriate card for the conversation. Like a robot. No feeling, no connection just a detached response to a personal experience. Children are seriously suffering and he is arguing amputated body parts and defective vehicles. Nice......real nice. I am so pleased that on a professional level parents, children and others affiliated with the TTI can see who exactly you are, Whooter.
Keep it coming. Your contribution is being duly noted.
The children Whooter, we are all talking about saving children.
RCS will go the way of HLA.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"

I think where you are getting hung, Heretik, up is that you are unable to recognize the children who are benefiting from these therapeutic schools.  You seem to only be able to see the children who did not do well or were hurt by the process.  I think that is why my point of view is more balanced because I am able to see the larger picture and both the kids who were hurt and those who did well.

If I worked in a body shop all day and never saw a new car or one that was undamaged I may think (like you do) that all cars have dents in them.

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"

This guy just loves his backyard barbecue stories. I think he has like cue cards an pulls the appropriate card for the conversation. Like a robot. No feeling, no connection just a detached response to a personal experience. Children are seriously suffering and he is arguing amputated body parts and defective vehicles. Nice......real nice. I am so pleased that on a professional level parents, children and others affiliated with the TTI can see who exactly you are, Whooter.
Keep it coming. Your contribution is being duly noted.

You got that right, man.  It's the same old, tired, canned, BS responses for over half a decade now.  Kids are burgers.  Kids are cars.  Kids are restaurants.  Or my favorite...

The customer is the parent, the product is the child.

When your expressed view is that "children are products" it's really hard to spin it as "I care about children."  It just doesn't add up.

For the soul-less amongst us, programs are the best thing since sliced kids...errrr...bread.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
You got that right, man.  It's the same old, tired, canned, BS responses for over half a decade now.  Kids are burgers.  Kids are cars.  Kids are restaurants.  Or my favorite...

I do like analogies, I admit that.  Many people like and understand them as a communication tool, but I understand and accept that some do not.

The customer is the parent, the product is the child.

Some people may view it as the child is both the customer and the product.  But  since the parents are the ones asking and paying for the service I think it is fitting that they be defined as the customer.  The product would then be the child because the child is the focus of the work being done.  I hope this helps to convey my thinking.

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:19 AM »
Wow.  That's some seriously demented thoughts.  No wonder you have no ability to grasp the concept of therapy.  You need some though.

-Arthur Schopenhauer