Author Topic: Current Events  (Read 5671 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
Re: Current Events
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 12:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The isolation from outside ideas, the social isolation from people who are not indoctrinated just isn’t there in many of todays programs, Heretik.  Successful brainwashing requires full control over and uninterrupted attention of the subject which is to be brainwashed.  If the children are off playing sports with other kids outside the program, calling home to family, going into town for date night and attending dances, preparing to take SATs, attending school and seeing independent licensed ocunselors then the foundation for thought control just isn’t there.
There are many other facets to brainwashing like sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation etc.  but isolating the victim is primary in being successful and these kids are not isolated.  Do a little reading up on the subject and then compare the requirements to today's programs and you will see what I am saying.  I can point you to some reading if you are interested.

Whooter, your summation above is severely flawed and your dependence upon articles here you have skimmed over shows. Isolation can and does happen whether you are on the compound or off and involved in social activities. Why? Because no matter where you are and what you are doing the events that you are involved in were set up and organized by the very people that have been indoctrinating you. You seem to forget (in your wonderful fantasy program world) that before the young adult was allowed to go out and date, check out colleges, attend seminars, enjoy river raft and ski trips. They had been closed off for a prolonged period of time and forced fed a new concept of living, there thoughts were reformed (or so they think) . It was only at this point did the staff feel the student would be able to excel at the desired results the staff wanted, did they let the child go out.
Most programs I know chaperon the children, the night/day activities are very well controlled. You have to remember also, parents are paying hefty amounts of money and they do not want to here about how their young daughter was injured while out cavorting about and nobody was supervising. The other part of your story I found puzzling was students out interviewing at colleges, Whooter their parents would be there. So this would be close to the end of their stay. The damage has already been done.
One big problem all these new thoughts (this new personality) were never battle tested in the outside world, so they struggle heartily. Most survivors I have known including myself have had two primary emotions that sort of outweighed all others (after getting out of the program) anger and guilt. Anger because of the confusion we have about our world and the guilt do to the reactions. This is a fucked up way to live. Thank god I have had much healing.
Whooter, you can not come in to someones life in early adolescents and rip it apart and start over. The spirit (ego) of this young delicate soul is just crushed, sometimes beyond repair.

Note: "but isolating the victim is primary in being successful and these kids are not isolated": broaden your thoughts on this comment. Stop trying to win the battle ( by trying to seem important) and you may just see the war were fighting. Were a team here, Whooter.
All advocating for the kids.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"
The isolation from outside ideas, the social isolation from people who are not indoctrinated just isn’t there in many of todays programs, Heretik.  Successful brainwashing requires full control over and uninterrupted attention of the subject which is to be brainwashed.  If the children are off playing sports with other kids outside the program, calling home to family, going into town for date night and attending dances, preparing to take SATs, attending school and seeing independent licensed ocunselors then the foundation for thought control just isn’t there.
There are many other facets to brainwashing like sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation etc.  but isolating the victim is primary in being successful and these kids are not isolated.  Do a little reading up on the subject and then compare the requirements to today's programs and you will see what I am saying.  I can point you to some reading if you are interested.

Whooter, your summation above is severely flawed and your dependence upon articles here you have skimmed over shows.

I am sorry you feel that way, Heretik.  Maybe at some point you can present your ideas and back them up with some studies or facts, I would like to read them.  But in the mean time I will go along with the definition of Brainwashing and the process as it is laid out by the professionals.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
duplicate..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:22:29 PM by heretik »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »

Whooter, your summation above is severely flawed and your dependence upon articles here you have skimmed over shows.

I am sorry you feel that way, Heretik.  Maybe at some point you can present your ideas and back them up with some studies or facts, I would like to read them.  But in the mean time I will go along with the definition of Brainwashing and the process as it is laid out by the professionals.

All the studies have all ready been laid out here on fornits, I believe there are volumes. Many members here have unselfishly devoted hours  creating a archive of info. At your leisure please read. At that point you will have all the "backed up studies" you will need. I will not do your work for you. You want to ramble on about this and that find your own studies. Then you can argue with yourself. At this time I am more concerned about the effects of "thought reform" and how it is effecting the children. Good luck.  

What you do know Whooter, is my description of your behavior here on fornits is right on the money. We can all agree on this.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »

All the studies have all ready been laid out here on fornits, I believe there are volumes. Many members here have unselfishly devoted hours  creating a archive of info. At your leisure please read. At that point you will have all the "backed up studies" you will need. I will not do your work for you. You want to ramble on about this and that find your own studies. Then you can argue with yourself. At this time I am more concerned about the effects of "thought reform" and how it is effecting the children. Good luck.  

What you do know Whooter, is my description of your behavior here on fornits is right on the money. We can all agree on this.

Translated: You cant produce any.  I knew this already but wanted you to realize this for yourself.

This is why I am staying with what the professionals say about Brainwashing and the conditions necessary for it to be accomplished.