Author Topic: Improvements within the TTI  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Improvements within the TTI
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
This may be a good place to document noted improvements in the industry over the years.  

From reading several accounts of survivors' experiences in Straight and the seed one improvement that comes to mind is the quality of the food.  Many complained that they were served substandard and even rotting food.  In today’s programs they cater to various people’s needs from food allergies to vegetarian to Vegan.  The food meets higher standards than those of the programs of the past and although when I ate there the food was not of the standards of 3 star restaurants the food was very good.  I don’t think any of the kids complained at all.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Improvements within the TTI
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »
ok after eatin frozen baongna and swimmers......but yknow kpickles mom made taco salad that was mightyfine.....past that i didnt have a decent meal till 4th phase, when I finally got to go home and cook for myself. Later in life the "skill "of chokin down straights nasty ass chow came in handy....over the years Ive eaten walrus,seal,whale,snake,lizard,possum,racoon,musk ox ,elk ,moose....probably dog (but I cant be sure(wtf is a hamburgrito anyways)but back in the day,JAIL food was better than straights....besides i kinda like most wild game :nods:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »
seamus wrote
"JAIL food was better than straights"

The seed litterly served us peanut butter and jelley sandwiches every godamn day. Hell my parents made and donated about 500 of them. I was a treat when we'd get back to my oldcommers house (usually 10:30-11:00pm) and get to have a couple of hot dogs. I know I've gone on about this before,but my strongest memory of the seed was always being hungry.
At least jail fed you three hot meals every day and a canteen  to buy goodies.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
Another area of improvement is education.  Many of the programs of the past did a very poor job in picking up the child's educational needs.  As the industry evolved the schools started to partner with local school districts, hire more qualified teachers and today many programs are able to hand out their own diplomas.  This is a long way from the days of straight and the seed.