Author Topic: Current Events  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Current Events
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
This thread is intended to capture any lastest news articles pertaining to the Troubled Teens Industry, which comes across peoples desk.

Auldern And Stone Mountain
Dance Together In A
Winter Wonderland

December 20, 2010

Auldern Academy and Stone Mountain School have joined forces to create a Winter Wonderland dance for their schools. This is the third dance that the schools have joined forces for a successful school dance. The much-anticipated event first began in 2008 as an experiment to see if the two schools could successfully provide a safe and healthy interaction between the boys and girls who attend each single sex school. It has been a huge success and has lead to the implementation of regular interaction between our students.

The night was filled with excitement as the boys from Stone Mountain entered the dance. Auldern girls and Student Life Counselors had spent the day transforming the dining hall into a winter wonderland, filled with sparkling snowflakes in honor of the season. The DJ revved up the music and students joined together for an evening of dance and socialization. All students really seemed to enjoy themselves at the event.

Doug Deaton, a professional photographer who also teaches at Auldern, was on hand to capture the event for the parents of the students.

We thank the Stone Mountain staff for bringing their boys such a long way and helping to chaperone the dance. Stone Mountain will host the next event in early 2011. This is a tradition we hope continues for many years to come.

Auldern Academy is a therapeutic boarding school in North Carolina serving young women grades 8-12. For more information about Auldern Academy, contact us at http://www.auldern.com.

Auldern is owned and operated by Sequel Youth and Family Services, Inc.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Current Events
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
Whooter, do you realize that your monopoly here is destroying this site?
Glad you've got nothing better to do.
You have your opinions. I have mine, and I doubt we could ever change each others minds.
You are prolific. I'll grant you that, but the whole story has grown quite tiresome.
If you don't work in the TTI,then why not? I can't believe all of the effort that's put into arguing the same points over and over again with no conclusion. We all know where each other stands by now and It certainly does not make for compelling reading. I fear without anything new, this site will dry up and blow away.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »
Exactly.

The funny thing is as soon as Whoots accomplishes his objective, then wtf will he do all day?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
This  information is not going to hurt the site at all.  Do you realize how many readers think that programs brainwash kids and perform torture on them?  If we can bring in current information on programs and allow the readers to see that kids are not getting hurt the way that many here claim then it will reduce many of these misconceptions or cancel them out altogether.  If we read the requirements for brainwashing and thought reform and then read that the kids in certain programs compete in sports with other high schools and go to dances etc. then we can conclude that conditions do not exist for successful brainwashing to occur and therefore we don’t have to worry as much about the kids in these schools like may do now.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
Like I said , you just don't get it . and you probably won't.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
You may be right, none-ya, I am not sure what you mean.  I am not disruptive or posting bad information or misleading anyone.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
You may be right, none-ya, I am not sure what you mean.  I am not disruptive or posting bad information or misleading anyone.

After all points are made everything always winds up being about you.It breaks down to nothing more than insults and threats. Don't you get tired of it?
?©?€~¥@

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »
Do you realize how many readers think that programs brainwash kids and perform torture on them

You say this as if it wasn't true.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Do you realize how many readers think that programs brainwash kids and perform torture on them

You say this as if it wasn't true.

Yes, you read my post correctly.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 07:11:15 PM »

After all points are made everything always winds up being about you.It breaks down to nothing more than insults and threats. Don't you get tired of it?

I have become accustom to the insults.  When a person is insulting me here on fornits it is due to their own frustration of losing an argument or their inability to express themselves in any other manner.  I don’t take it personally because the insults are not a result of anything lacking on my end, nor do I have control over them.
 The threats are almost always mis directed.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »
If we read the requirements for brainwashing and thought reform and then read that the kids in certain programs compete in sports with other high schools and go to dances etc. then we can conclude that conditions do not exist for successful brainwashing to occur and therefore we don’t have to worry as much about the kids in these schools like may do now.
LOL. That's YOUR opinion, and that's just about all it is! :D

What is the source for your working definition of "the requirements for brainwashing and thought reform?" This is obviously still a very controversial issue, hence no such universally accepted definition exists. Therefore, there is simply no "we can conclude" and "we don't have to worry as much" about any of your above conjecture!

Faulty premises do not generally lead to sound conclusions, no matter how prolifically you can churn them out, Whooter...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »
yep, im bettin that winter wonderland was one awkward motherfucker. I m bettin there was some of the worst shit ever went on. People with raging hormones in a superstressful inviron.......wonder if any un-protected sex went on, Im bettin nobody spiked jackshit,,,,,,I wonder who was trying to select a playlist.....hey whos gonna get confronted tommorrow over some  insignificant bs,  I wonder other than the usual journalistic fluff,what REALLY went on....coulda been the time of somebodys life too,right? of course what ever a journalist writes is gospel, specially in a podunk paper. sorry i just see holes here....does anyone think journalists lack credibility,other than me? or am I such a hammer that the rest of the world is a bagfull o nails......
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
Glad you've got nothing better to do. . .  I fear without anything new, this site will dry up and blow away.

This site isn't going anywhere.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Glad you've got nothing better to do. . .  I fear without anything new, this site will dry up and blow away.

This site isn't going anywhere.
:tup:  :tup:  :cheers:

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 02:10:32 PM »
TESTIFY!
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad