Author Topic: A concise description of the brainwash process  (Read 3330 times)

dragonfly

A concise description of the brainwash process
« on: December 26, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: A concise description of the brainwash process
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:46:02 AM by Froderik »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »
Did I miss something Froderik?
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
wow.. If you look at the identified steps of brainwashing, you'd almost think that programs follow them like a text book...

One of the most interesting things about it all, and also one of the most fucked up things about it all, is that the brainwashing process essentially uses the good in a person as a tool against them.

Paul

dragonfly

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Paul St John...thank you for your words

In the good ol' days of Fornits we used to discuss things like that....

I said often that it was our most beautiful human need, the need for connection that allowed the process to work...that many survivors reject this need and perhaps reject many human experiences as a means of protection from the loss of integrity we allowed in ourselves to meet the need for connection...

The goodness of our humanity out weighted the need for our ego to make sense and continue....

there's so much about all this, I mean it might explain some of the suicides, I mean sometimes I think it was the extra sensitive, gentle people that tended to commit suicide in the first few years of release...

Brings up thoughts about how it's healthy to compromise in order to belong to a community and how isolated many survivors tend to be....unable to compromise without a sense of violation due to past boundary violations...and without the sense of healthy connection through healthy compromise...weird extremes in boundaries as a defense in surviving the program....

God there is a lot I can say about this...the feeling of wanting to recede from society, or just from people who demonstrate a lack of respect for personal boundaries...fight or flight...with me it's some of both, ended up being 'fight' when kids came into the picture.. not so easy to up and leave anymore..i tend to be cagey, don't like anyone checking up on me, or commenting on stuff i do so i keep to myself.. i can think of FIVE times after Straight that I took off from people without even letting them know beforehand..it was my way of dealing, and it was never even over money; it was over something stupid, usually..

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
Isolation seems to be a plausible solution most times. I become so overwhelmed easily. There is a lot I could say also Froderik. Thanks for the topic Dragon and Paul you nailed it as usual.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.