Author Topic: WWASP and Learning Technics - is there a connection?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
WWASP and Learning Technics - is there a connection?
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
WWASP- Learning Technics - relationship?

Look at the photos of the students - is that a coincidence?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: WWASP and Learning Technics - is there a connection?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
well it seems like the marketing was copied right out of a WWASP brochure, but I dont think what they are offering is a program

the site mentioned using "Physio-Neuro Therapy" that seems to be exclusive to this company and a small surrounding industry. I'm curious as to what they actually do to the children but my guess would be some sort of thought reform, coupled with electro stimulation.

"Learning Technics does not teach math, reading, spelling or social studies. Physio-Neuro Therapy helps grow neuro tissue which changes the way the brain learns, making school (and life) easier and more enjoyable. The Physio-Neuro Therapy program runs approximately 26 weeks and the affects last a lifetime"

"Learning Technics focuses on changing the person’s basic ability to learn.

That is, changing how the brain perceives and processes all information including that which affects attitude, thinking, physical movement and LEARNING.

This is done by bringing the student’s inefficient perceptual and processing patterns to a conscious level and re-programming that part of the brain’s neural network which controls them."

Apparently this technique is similar to the "physical therapy" used on stroke victims... I don't know, honestly I'm a bit confused and very skeptical because they seem to be very vauge in their website about what they actually do. There a lot of the "pulling the heart strings" marketing going on and a TON of "too good to be true" promises. I'm not buying it, but I would be interested to check out the research on this subject.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
Look at the photos of the students - is that a coincidence?

They would both appear to be rearranged and/or doctored stock photos. Probably nothing nefarious at all about those pics being the same.

This has happened to me before, coming across the same stock photos on two different sites. In my case it was a pro-industry site, and an anti-industry site! The first time it happens to you ... it's real easy to read too much into it.   :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
Due to another thread Paulu took at look at the website of La Europa - a TBS in Utah controlled by CERTS.

The run an operation with 6 levels and on one of their pages there is a link to Learning Technics down at the buttom.

Offline iriesoldjahs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
WWASP schools focus on (extremely dubious)  behavior modification techniques . Learning Technics focuses on learning problems such as dyslexia.  They are not the same thing. I live in Utah and am familiar with both organizations. WWASP schools are for troubled youth. Learning Technics (like Sylvan Learning Center) is for children who with learning problems.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
Quote from: "iriesoldjahs"
WWASP schools focus on (extremely dubious)  behavior modification techniques . Learning Technics focuses on learning problems such as dyslexia.  They are not the same thing. I live in Utah and am familiar with both organizations. WWASP schools are for troubled youth. Learning Technics (like Sylvan Learning Center) is for children who with learning problems.

Hopefully they will fold Learning Technics into the program to allow more kids to be helped.  This could be a major breakthrough for the industry and also help keep the kids' academics more consistent and effective, even though programs have a much higher educational success rate than our public schools with nearly 100% of students attending the college of their choice after the program.  You can't say that about our school system.

Offline Amorie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »
Hi, my name is Anna Marie. I have been a teacher at Learning Technics for the past two years. We have no connection whatsoever with WWASP. We work with students who struggle with learning, and having taught over 30 students myself, I can attest to the fact that the success stories are true. We do not use any type of electro stimulation or thought reform. We use games and activities that develop connections in the brain, such as marching, picture and memory games and tracking exercises. The connections we develop are necessary in order for a student to be able to read, write, spell and comprehend complex subject matter. Once a student has been through the program, all types of learning are significantly easier for them.

I work for Learning Technics because my sister did the program about 13 years ago. She was severely dyslexic and 3 years behind in school. She hated to read and every day at school was difficult for her. My parents found Learning Technics and took her through the program. Within a year she was caught up in school, and within two she was getting A's and B's in all of her classes. She now thoroughly enjoys reading and writing, she's graduating College with high marks, and is currently almost finished writing a novel.

I have witnessed many other miraculous improvements in my students. Their coordination, comprehension and reading abilities improve. They understand complex problems and join into conversations with interesting and pertinent remarks. They can focus on their homework. Their behavior improves significantly. They start to believe in themselves.

I am a teacher because I love working with children. I work at Learning Technics because the program really works.