Author Topic: Independent Study Shows Success.  (Read 25987 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: Independent Study Shows Success.
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
Bruce, I dont even think the hardest core anti-program person is going to believe that you know she cheated on her taxes. Thats a stretch even for you to believe. lol.

So we have a study which was overseen by a third party review board and you claim that one person on the team cheated on her taxes so this invalidates the study...Hmmm okay. Good luck with that one.

Once again Whooter attempts to make his own issues about someone else. Whooter can you show any posting I have made in which I indicated that I believed Ms. Behrens or any other specific person had cheated on their taxes?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2010, 06:25:43 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Bruce, I dont even think the hardest core anti-program person is going to believe that you know she cheated on her taxes. Thats a stretch even for you to believe. lol.

So we have a study which was overseen by a third party review board and you claim that one person on the team cheated on her taxes so this invalidates the study...Hmmm okay. Good luck with that one.

Once again Whooter attempts to make his own issues about someone else. Whooter can you show any posting I have made in which I indicated that I believed Ms. Behrens or any other specific person had cheated on their taxes?

Thank you, Bruce, so we can agree that you dont have any proof that she lied or cheated on her taxes.  Her financial records would show her past affiliations with Aspen from a financial standpoint.  The review board investigates the financial ties of the study committee members to the firm being studied and vice versa.  After review of her financial statement they approved the study and they moved forward with it.
If you feel she wasn't truthful then that is your privilege.  Gonzotherapy has already contacted WIRB so we can wait to see what occurs.  Until that time the study is still valid.  I dont see how anyone could overturn it at this point.  WIRB will be making that call and we need to wait.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
Thank you, Bruce, so we can agree that you dont have any proof that she lied or cheated on her taxes. Her financial records would show her past affiliations with Aspen from a financial standpoint. The review board investigates the financial ties of the study committee members to the firm being studied and vice versa. After review of her financial statement they approved the study and they moved forward with it.
If you feel she wasn't truthful then that is your privilege. Gonzotherapy has already contacted WIRB so we can wait to see what occurs. Until that time the study is still valid. I dont see how anyone could overturn it at this point. WIRB will be making that call and we need to wait.

So you can't point to any such posting then, and were just caught lying again. No surprise there. So then what we have is a situation in which Ms. Behrens either failed to disclose to the APA her working relationship with AEG, or was granted an exception. Whooter claims an exception was granted but he cannot find any source which suggest one could even be granted. Nor is he able to prove his claim that the whole world is behind the marketing tool in question.  That being the case until we hear otherwise we can all now agree the study is invalid  by those on fornits and was conducted by a person with a conflict of interest. We'll all be interested to see what Gonzo learns and can pick up at that point. Till then we've agreed the study will be considered junk on here and nothing more can be said on the matter.

What's next?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
We'll all be interested to see what Gonzo learns and can pick up at that point.

lol, At least we agree here, Bruce.

Link

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: Kids in Program Credible?
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"
 I am just presenting the facts.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Whooter has no facts.  He claims that his daughter was at ASR when Marcus was there and also claims his daughter was there during 9/11 and left in 2002.  Only one can be true.  He lied about having a daughter in the first place then slipped up on the details of her "program experience" a few times.  He says she was in the program 14 months, but in other statements he says "16 months."  Only one can be true.  He says she graduated high school at ASR but later said she dropped out of HS when she got home.  Only one can be true.

He's just jerking everyone's chain with a looooong series of fabrications about his family and ASR.  It's all lies and it's obvious when you just scratch the surface.

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything he calls a "fact" or his "personal experience."  He's been busted out lying about both way too often to have any credibility.

It bears repeating.  This person is incredibly dishonest and has been proven so many times by his own statements.  His entire story is pure fiction and is therefore not relevant to anything or anyone.
I know that Whoot has been asked before to clear up the inconsistencies in his story but he always seems to dodge it. Gotta side with DJ here.
Kids may be manipulative and lie sometimes but the program staff and program pushers lie way way more IMO.

Most readers get this same impression, shaggys.  Whooter's entire "family story" was proven to be made up, by his own admissions, so it's really hard to believe anything he says beyond those made up family members and program stories.  He tells a different story each time and those stories are mutually exclusive, so we know that most of it is made up at best and at worst, all of it.

This entire thread is designed to cast doubt on abuse survivors and was set up for this purpose to get the focus off of Whooter's many, many lies.

I understand that many people would not do what I did and it is considered lying. I understood at the time I posted that it wasn't truthful.

and...

I fabricated a son

See what I mean?  The guy admits to making up family members and intentionally lying to suit his agenda.  What more do you need to know about this fountain of misinformation?
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
Okay back on topic.

I also provided a link to an independent study which was overseen by a thrid party to insure there was no conflict of interest.  They are from the state of Washington (I hope that state is acceptable to everyone lol)

1)  This was a study conducted surveying 1,000 parents and graduates of a few programs.  The study was overseen by WIRB (The Western Institutional Review Board) and they also approved the study.  The results were presented at the Annual meeting of the APA American Psychological Association.

Link

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
2003 - 2005 Behrens conducting surveys

http://www.strugglingteens.com/news/pre ... 060817.htm

Thanks for the link, DJ, lets take a look at what you provided us:

According to the study, most teens with serious behavioral or emotional problems that have not responded to other treatments - such as individual or group therapy, medications and psychiatric hospitalization - improve during treatment at a private residential treatment program.

Results showed that teens attending licensed private residential treatment programs experienced significant improvements in all psychological and behavioral problems studied.
The findings, presented on August 12 at the American Psychological Association, the largest association of psychologists worldwide......

I tend to agree so far, but we should look at DJ's link a little closer to determine more detail of the outcome.

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
 I am just presenting the facts.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Whooter has no facts.  He claims that his daughter was at ASR when Marcus was there and also claims his daughter was there during 9/11 and left in 2002.  Only one can be true.  He lied about having a daughter in the first place then slipped up on the details of her "program experience" a few times.  He says she was in the program 14 months, but in other statements he says "16 months."  Only one can be true.  He says she graduated high school at ASR but later said she dropped out of HS when she got home.  Only one can be true.

He's just jerking everyone's chain with a looooong series of fabrications about his family and ASR.  It's all lies and it's obvious when you just scratch the surface.

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything he calls a "fact" or his "personal experience."  He's been busted out lying about both way too often to have any credibility.

It bears repeating.  This person is incredibly dishonest and has been proven so many times by his own statements.  His entire story is pure fiction and is therefore not relevant to anything or anyone.
I know that Whoot has been asked before to clear up the inconsistencies in his story but he always seems to dodge it. Gotta side with DJ here.
Kids may be manipulative and lie sometimes but the program staff and program pushers lie way way more IMO.

Most readers get this same impression, shaggys.  Whooter's entire "family story" was proven to be made up, by his own admissions, so it's really hard to believe anything he says beyond those made up family members and program stories.  He tells a different story each time and those stories are mutually exclusive, so we know that most of it is made up at best and at worst, all of it.

This entire thread is designed to cast doubt on abuse survivors and was set up for this purpose to get the focus off of Whooter's many, many lies.

I understand that many people would not do what I did and it is considered lying. I understood at the time I posted that it wasn't truthful.

and...

I fabricated a son

See what I mean?  The guy admits to making up family members and intentionally lying to suit his agenda.  What more do you need to know about this fountain of misinformation?

Unfortunately Whooter's history of lies and deception need to be entered into the record of these type of discussions.  It is on topic to point this out.

I tend to agree

I'm glad we all see this is relevant to any discussions involving Whooter, an Asped Ed fiduciary with an agenda to promote Aspen programs.  I just want readers to be clear on why Whooter presents so much misinformation.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
DJ, lets stay on the topic of the independent study.  I can respond to your personal attacks in the OFFA if you like:

This research demonstrates what we've always believed - that research-driven and evidence-based private residential programs can help turn around teens in trouble. This information will give new hope to thousands of families who have been struggling with the difficult decision of how to best help a child."

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2010, 12:28:35 PM »
I think we can all agree that saying "Whooter is a liar" is not a personal attack.  It's simply the public record on display at Fornits.  

I fabricated a son

He readily admits he's a liar, so I see no attack in describing him as he describes himself.

I can see why Whooter would not want readers to know how much or to what extent he has lied here (and admitted), but it is certainly not a personal attack or off topic to say "Whooter is a liar" because he already admitted he made up his family and program experience.  It's all fabricated.  My pointing it out is simply bringing readers up to speed so they can consider the source when reading Whooter's unverifiable, factually bereft speculations.

"Caveat emptor," parents.  Whooter and his TTI colleagues have something to sell you and will be dishonest in any way they deem necessary to get you to sign your child into a program.  Aspen Education is notorious for its false advertising and has even been called out by other TTI entities for lying in its advertising.  Whooter has admitted to being an Aspen Education fiduciary, so he should be scrutinized like the company he represents.

We're just keeping it all above board, which Whooter clearly wishes we would not.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2010, 12:37:05 PM »

We're just keeping it all above board, which Whooter clearly wishes we would not.

Look, DJ, I dont mind the attacks and am always for getting things out into the open.  I can take it.  I just wanted to stay on topic here.  Please take this into the OFFA thread or start a new new thread on this topic.  I can respond to you there.

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
I think we can all agree that saying "Whooter is a liar" is not a personal attack.  It's simply the public record on display at Fornits.  

I fabricated a son

He readily admits he's a liar, so I see no attack in describing him as he describes himself.

I can see why Whooter would not want readers to know how much or to what extent he has lied here (and admitted), but it is certainly not a personal attack or off topic to say "Whooter is a liar" because he already admitted he made up his family and program experience.  It's all fabricated.  My pointing it out is simply bringing readers up to speed so they can consider the source when reading Whooter's unverifiable, factually bereft speculations.

"Caveat emptor," parents.  Whooter and his TTI colleagues have something to sell you and will be dishonest in any way they deem necessary to get you to sign your child into a program.  Aspen Education is notorious for its false advertising and has even been called out by other TTI entities for lying in its advertising.  Whooter has admitted to being an Aspen Education fiduciary, so he should be scrutinized like the company he represents.

This is no more an "attack" than saying "Whooter is an Aspen fiduciary."  You admitted both already: you are a liar and an Aspen fiduciary.  How is that an attack?  You may not be proud of your lies here, but I am just quoting you calling yourself a liar.  That's no attack.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »
DJ, lets stay on the topic of the independent study.  I can respond to your personal attacks in the OFFA if you like:

This research demonstrates what we've always believed - that research-driven and evidence-based private residential programs can help turn around teens in trouble. This information will give new hope to thousands of families who have been struggling with the difficult decision of how to best help a child."

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:09 PM »

I fabricated a son

This is no more an "attack" than saying "Whooter is an Aspen fiduciary."  You admitted both already: you are a liar and an Aspen fiduciary.  How is that an attack?  You may not be proud of your lies here, but I am just quoting you calling yourself a liar.  That's no attack.

You must have missed my response to your repetitive posting.  Here, read it again, get over it and move on.  Your trying to change the subject doesn't change what you already admitted about yourself.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
I think everyone has seen you point, DJ, myself included.  Lets get back on topic which is the study.