Author Topic: The art of protesting is being lost  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The art of protesting is being lost
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:56 AM »
You could always protest child abuse at a Catholic church. Plenty of those places have a pedo-priest or have had one in the past.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 02:49:02 AM »
[attachment=0:n9tju5hz]catholic-church_www-txt2pic-com.jpg[/attachment:n9tju5hz]
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
i'LL BE THERE![attachment=0:1p4raddv]ST. FORNITS.jpg[/attachment:1p4raddv]
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
But seriously, The days of the protesters were over a long time ago. When the youth (and I mean teenagers, collage kids)  had to grow up and join the real world.I think of myself as older (54), but hell that made me all of 11 years old 1n 1967.
That was the "summer of love" Sgt pepper came out. But what the hell does an 11 year old know. My generation has grown up more worried about the lot rent at the trailer park. The old lady's got kids hang-in' from every tit. They would probably be quicker to protest the price of cable t v, than to worry about the  ozone layer or the whales. Only the naive and idealistic have time or energy for such pursuits.(and again I mean teenagers, collage kids) Me,I have to worry about keeping mac and cheese on the table.

Of all the posters I have read so far None-Ya your about the oldest and the rest of us are 50, 51 and 52. My point we were all young adolescents learning from our elders. In case my older brothers and sisters. I have a sister who turned 65 this year. From her I learned about Al Green, Temptations, Bobby Darin, Tommy James and the Shondells, Elvis, my older brothers were into to the English wave of music, Beatles, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Jeff beck, Jimmy Page, John Mayall and the Blues-breakers, Manfred Mann, Stevie Ironwood, Donovan, Van Morrison, Moody Blues. American bands, Climax Blues Band, Muddy Waters, Eddie Cochran, Paul Butterfield, Mile Davis ect.......I then grabbed all of this and started my own journey with Led, Black Sabbath, Hollies, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Isley Bros.
My first protest was in 1969 at the age of 10, I went with my oldest sister to downtown Boston, to the Boston Commons (park) and I watched as she yelled and screamed at the Vietnam (Vets) soldiers that had come back from 'Nam. I did not like her doing this and told her so, she told me to shut up and learn. Well I did learn, if you can not stand behind the troops in war, feel free to stand in front.
I disliked the Vietnam war both my brothers went and I fretted everyday they were gone, they had no choice, they were drafted and in my house you went to war when called.
In 1974 when Nixon was being expelled and the whole story of Cambodia came out in the "Pentagon Papers" and "Watergate" was exposed my dislike for my Gov't was reinforced more.
Protest, by 1974 it was over, protesting had become dangerous, example; Kent State, I think America had enough of the killing home and abroad. All the hippies grew up to be yuppies and then grammas and grandpas.
"White" folk have forgotten how to stand up for themselves. Just look at the Hispanics 300,000 illegal immigrants protest and were watching it on the 6 o'clock news, they are getting what they want, Black the same thing, where are the white folk. Don't we care anymore, Oh, that's right we have the "tea party" with Glenn Beck.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:33:38 AM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
We seem to have a consensus.[attachment=0:birno9qr]FUCK AA.jpg[/attachment:birno9qr]
I don't think that's quite the point.  Taking a "pro-drinking" stance isn't going to sway many who want to quit.  How about "AA is not the only way" or "be S.M.A.R.T. you're not powerless" (as in the alternative to AA).

Some people are quite simply better off not drinking.  They never learned good habits and they never learned the self control to moderate.  She's  For them it's simply easier not to drink at all, and that's fine...  And if they feel they could use help quitting there are alternatives to AA.  There are also approaches such as MM which can help people learn the moderation skills they never acquired growing up.  I think that if you're going to protest, that's what you should say.  There are many people who truly believe AA is the only way.  There are many people who are simply not happy with AA.  Show them alternatives and give information about SOS / Smart meetings and the like.  Hold up a sign saying "court ordered?  talk to us" and if anybody asks, explain to them they can sue the state for referrals.  Enough lawsuits and the practice might actually stop.

Otherwise, if you take a pro-drinking stance you're just going to be mocked by the stepcraft practitioners as a bunch of drunks who don't want to quit.  Whether or not that's accurate is irrelevant.  That's what they'll see and you won't win anybody over that way.  Personally, I wouldn't even be hostile at all, other than to the idea that AA is the only way.

Not that what I think matters, but I would personalyl prefer if you guys protested actual troubled teen programs which abuse kids...  but if there are none in your area...  It's not that i'm saying AA isn't worthy of protest.  I'd just argue there are more worthy targets.

Psy, I know it is that lump in your consciousness/throat that just will not go away. Com'on say it AA is OK, not worth protesting over, has never hurt anyone.
Thanks Buddy, I know it was hard but admission is always difficult.
Boy I can not wait till you grow up out of this idealistic stage your in. You will, don't worry.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
Danny B wrote
"Beatles, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Jeff beck, Jimmy Page, John Mayall and the Blues-breakers, Manfred Mann, Stevie Ironwood, Donovan, Van Morrison, Moody Blues"

Who is Stevie Ironwood?
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 12:28:36 AM »
Danny B wrote
"Beatles, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Jeff beck, Jimmy Page, John Mayall and the Blues-breakers, Manfred Mann, Stevie Ironwood, Donovan, Van Morrison, Moody Blues"

Who is Stevie Ironwood?

Hell if I know, quit smokin ya weed and fill in "Winwood".

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »
For the most part survivors will admit that the lyrics will apply....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPFpvQWbKU

Ballad of Dwight Fry

Mommy where's daddy? He's been gone for so long.
Do you think he'll ever come home?

I was gone for fourteen days
I coulda been gone for more
Held up in the intensive care ward
lyin on the floor

I was gone for all those days
but I, was not all alone
I made friends with a lot of people
in the danger zone

See my lonely life unfold
I see it every day
See my only mind explode
Since I've gone away

I think I lost some weight there
and I--- I'm sure I need some rest
Sleepin don't come very easy
in a straight white vest

Should like to see that little children
She's only four years old--- old
I'd give her back all of her play things
even, even the ones I stole

I see it everyday
See my lonely mind explode
when I've gone insane

I wanna get out of here
I wanna, I wanna get out of here
I gotta get out of here
I gotta get out of here
IgottagetoutahereIgottagetoutahereIgottagetoutahere
Ya gotta let me out of here
Let me outta here
I gotta get outta here
Let me outta here
I gotta get outta here
Let me outta here
I gotta get outta here

I see it everyday
See my only mind explode
Blow up in my face

I grabbed my hat and I got my coat
and I, I ran into the street
I saw a man that was choking there
I guess he couldn't breathe
Said to myself this is very strange
I'm glad it wasn't me
But now I hear those sirens callin'
and so I am not free

I DIDN'T WANNA BE
I DIDN'T WANNA BE
I DIDN'T WANNA BE
(See my lonely life unfold)
I DIDN'T WANNA BE
(I see it every day)
LEAVE ME ALONE I DIDN'T WANNA BE
DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!
See my lonely mind explode
when I've gone INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNE!

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »
i'LL BE THERE![attachment=1:b3ui479q]ST. FORNITS.jpg[/attachment:b3ui479q]
Fine I can do re-runs too[attachment=0:b3ui479q]ST. FORNITS.jpg[/attachment:b3ui479q]
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
OUR NEW MANTRA[attachment=0:9zgo5mj6]THE PROGRAM.jpg[/attachment:9zgo5mj6]
?©?€~¥@