Author Topic: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery  (Read 10084 times)

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »
I'd like to hear from a current parent as to how many counselors they've been told would be on staff at night at both the male and female dorms. Although I'm sure those security cameras caught everything!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 01:14:57 PM »
"Ridge Creek School - The South Bronx in North Georgia!"
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
"Since the incident was not reported as an attack it was only after talking to the suspects that investigators discovered what had taken place at the boarding school, said Childress."

It appears the counselors are still trained very well in covering up the "total" incident.

I am sure the initial report was that these kids ran away and stole a car.  That is what was foremost in their minds.  The girl may not have told the other counselor in the boys dorm that she was hit by them.  She asked him to call 911 for her.  Plus the paper didnt have their facts straight to begin with so we shouldn't hang out hats on this initial newspaper report.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »
Pure speculation.  I'll go with what the COPS said rather than the uninformed speculation of a program fiduciary.  That seems to make more sense to readers I think.

Buccellato trains his people never to call the police if possible and if they do to report anything that happens simply as a "runaway child."  I've sat in the meetings.  Obviously Guest3 knows this, too.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »
That's patently false, Whooter.  HLA did not do background checks and neither does RCS according to ORS reports.  However, when I interviewed with Buccellato and Bentz I disclosed that fact to them right up front and they hired me and told me my "real world experience" would be helpful in doing my job and relating to the kids.  they believed that my personal experience was an asset, not a liability.  Not to mention I was never fired either.  But hey, you lie.  It's what you do.

That fact notwithstanding, you have no idea about what happens at RCS and therefore readers will likely believe the police statements over yours, an admitted program fiduciary and congenital liar.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
Fact:   According to records and interviews with former staff, Buccellato was more than aware of their felony records.   Reasoning: it was easier to 'control' and 'contain' his staff that had felony records.  

Nothing left HLA, unless there was no choice in the matter as with the case of "Life Flight."   Documents clearly state records were 'doctored', omissions were made, and apparently it is still going on according to the ORS.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
Whooter - Let's not forget that RC has been cited by ORS for NOT completing background checks, as was HLA. Check the online files from ORS.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »
Apparently RC is still having a problem with children's documentation.  ORS has only addressed cited infractions through July 2010.  

http://167.193.144.170:7001/ORSINV/PDFS ... PDD612.pdf

http://167.193.144.170:7001/ORSINV/PDFS ... 4ZRP11.pdf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
Fact:   According to records and interviews with former staff, Buccellato was more than aware of their felony records.   Reasoning: it was easier to 'control' and 'contain' his staff that had felony records.  

Nothing left HLA, unless there was no choice in the matter as with the case of "Life Flight."   Documents clearly state records were 'doctored', omissions were made, and apparently it is still going on according to the ORS.

Very interesting facts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:34:54 PM by Dysfunction Junction »

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
Whooter - Let's not forget that RC has been cited by ORS for NOT completing background checks, as was HLA. Check the online files from ORS.

I believe it was for background checks on the "students" who were 18 years or older.  It wasnt an issue with the staff as I recall.  HLA may have had an issue earlier on but the last ORS report for RC they were in compliance with background checks.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 03:36:34 PM »
The important thing here is that you have been shown to be fabricating again, Whooter.  You made up that story about me straight from your imagination and were caught yet again.  

Readers should carefully parse what industry people post here.  It's designed to mislead.  And when they can't mislead, they start with specious personal attacks and outright lies to try to discredit the victims of these dangerous programs and the whistleblowers who report them to authorities.

Anyway, we have established the fact that RCS is a very dangerous environment with unsupervised criminals roaming the grounds and presenting clear danger to the staff and other kids.  It is clearly dangerously understaffed and does not perform background checks.

Parents, beware the wolves in sheep's clothing!

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
I'd like to hear from a current parent as to how many counselors they've been told would be on staff at night at both the male and female dorms. Although I'm sure those security cameras caught everything!

Excellent point.  Unless changed, night staff are not counselors.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Excellent point.  Unless changed, night staff are not counselors.

Hopefully this will come out of the investigation.  I am sure the parents will want to know who was in charge and how many people were on duty etc.  Not too sure if they will let the public know.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
No, the night staff are still minimum wage locals.  One in each dorm with a radio.  And a lamp, apparently.  Kids whacked the local yokel with the lamp and took the radio and then stole her car, too.  If they tied her up with the lamp cord, the entire episode would have gone undetected until the morning.  Very "structured" and "secure" environment, eh?

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
No, the night staff are still minimum wage locals.  One in each dorm with a radio.  And a lamp, apparently.  Kids whacked the local yokel with the lamp and took the radio and then stole her car, too.  If they tied her up with the lamp cord, the entire episode would have gone undetected until the morning.  Very "structured" and "secure" environment, eh?

You have reason to not be truthful, DJ.  I would rather wait to see what the final report says.  No offense.