Author Topic: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?  (Read 12874 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Some of my thoughts:

Although homophobia has dropped off over the years and continues to do so this puts much more stress on homosexuals particularly when they are young.  They lack support systems and support from family members are targets of violence and feelings of not fitting in.

That's the bullies costing us more, not the gays.  You're blaming the victim.

I am not blaming anyone Anne.

Yes you are.  You're saying that because they are "targets of violence" is one of the "reasons" they cost us more  ::)  Ridiculous on it's face, but also blaming the victim.

We could argue that it is the families fault for not supporting them, the bullies fault for bullying them, societies fault for not doing a better job educating the bullies.  The Republicans fault for not supplying the funding for education to educate the bullies etc.

You just can't help yourself, can you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
This is totally ridiculous. I work with straight right wing nuts and believe me, they can start their own pharmacy with their various neuroses. I got gay friends who developed such strength of character through the outing process, they have more sanity than any of us.

:notworthy:  :cheers:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
Then state it as your opinion instead of stating it as fact. "They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts."  requires a citation to support the claim if you're gonna state it  like that.

Well, it isnt really my opinion.  Its based on reading I have done on the subject.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
Then state it as your opinion instead of stating it as fact. "They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts."  requires a citation to support the claim if you're gonna state it  like that.

Well, it isnt really my opinion.  Its based on reading I have done on the subject.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:

You can't be a real person.  I mean, no one is this obtuse.  You've got to be some kind of super spambot.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

You can't be a real person.  I mean, no one is this obtuse.  You've got to be some kind of super spambot.

I am sorry the conversation escapes you Anne.  But I am happy that you can find some humor in the subject.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
They (gays) started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

Maybe the GOP got their education about gays from Whooter?  I'd be scared too if his ideas were pushed on me.  Ignorant wretch that he is.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »

:tup:  :tup:

Whootbot!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2010, 01:14:25 PM »

I am sorry the conversation escapes you Anne.  But I am happy that you can find some humor in the subject.

The conversation doesn't escape me.  Neither do your attempts to present your opinions as fact.  Cite your sources dude!  Man up!  What is this "reading" that has led you to these conclusions you state above?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »

The conversation doesn't escape me.  Neither do your attempts to present your opinions as fact.  Cite your sources dude!  Man up!  What is this "reading" that has led you to these conclusions you state above?

I will see if I can find the source of my readings on the subject.  I think another point is that homosexuals are under a lot more stress because of societal pressures and stress typically can lead to a greater risk of health problems.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

I will see if I can find the source of my readings on the subject.  I think another point is that homosexuals are under a lot more stress because of societal pressures and stress typically can lead to a greater risk of health problems.

:rofl:
Damn, you're really reaching now.

I think I made the right call about you.  You just like to take the contrary position, period.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »

I think I made the right call about you.  You just like to take the contrary position, period.

Well, maybe I do play devils advocate if there is no one to step in.  but the subject is Gays and why the GOP is afraid of them.  Then we got onto healthcare costs which could be a factor.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
In response to Shady Acres.... Because big Corporations DO NOT PAY TAXES.... welll, ahem... No CORPORATION, big or small, has ever , or ever will, pay taxes. They simply collect them and forward them to the Government. This is reflected as as a cost of doing business, and included in the price of doing business. Think 'cost-of sale'...Or gov't mandated markup.
We are unable to make accurate political decisions because we lack an accurate economic model. Hard to make good decisions based on bad or no information. Sorry, but that's what ya got!
J.O.M. ::unhappy::

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
in 200 years there will be a new name for timothy mcVeigh,patriot. same as leonard peltier.......fuckin government is too big for its fucking britches. In his day ,Christ himself was a CRIMINAL. as were our founding fathers (smugglers, tax cheats) What is called criminal today is legal tommorrow.200 years ago slavery was common practice ,try owning a person today. twenty years ago you could smoke damn near anywhere,now if you light up people look at you like you just strangled and ate a baby. Read the unibombers manifesto...seriously....its fairly truthfull and acurate about a world gone mad after the industrial revolution. The passion of christ when read thru less faithfull eyes is a story of a fucking lynching.Crime is at the bottom of many,many things.But then again criminality is based on social norms which are constantly in flux. The biggest downsizing needs to take place in D.C. Would I eliminate government entirely? of course not, but the government needs to learn its place. This is a democacy,my government is SUPPOSED to be me,or at very least representitve of me ,and its not.I ask myself if I would be better off with less or more government.not a hard answer.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline jaredsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »
This has been a most amusing thread to read, as I avoid watching Glee.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
in 200 years there will be a new name for timothy mcVeigh,patriot. same as leonard peltier.......fuckin government is too big for its fucking britches. In his day ,Christ himself was a CRIMINAL. as were our founding fathers (smugglers, tax cheats) What is called criminal today is legal tommorrow.200 years ago slavery was common practice ,try owning a person today. twenty years ago you could smoke damn near anywhere,now if you light up people look at you like you just strangled and ate a baby. Read the unibombers manifesto...seriously....its fairly truthfull and acurate about a world gone mad after the industrial revolution. The passion of christ when read thru less faithfull eyes is a story of a fucking lynching.Crime is at the bottom of many,many things.But then again criminality is based on social norms which are constantly in flux. The biggest downsizing needs to take place in D.C. Would I eliminate government entirely? of course not, but the government needs to learn its place. This is a democacy,my government is SUPPOSED to be me,or at very least representitve of me ,and its not.I ask myself if I would be better off with less or more government.not a hard answer.

:notworthy:  :rocker:  :tup: