Author Topic: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?  (Read 13160 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
Whooter, please quit derailing the thread.

Now, can we get back to the topic at hand? Why is the GOP so damn scared of gay people? And Whooter, how do you come to the conclusion that gay people cost more money? Although I concede that I'd pay good money for a great gay to come in and redecorate my house. Ever notice that whenever a certain area of a city/town starts to become populated by gays that the house values begin to rise?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"
The Democrats are particularly hypocritical when it comes to this. they almost uniformly promote policies that raise the cost of labor in the US - higher taxes, onerous regulations, card check, and the like. Yet they seem to be flummoxed by the fact that jobs are then being outsourced. Since they can't seem to recognize their fault in it, they blame Republicans - without proof.

:rofl:  :rofl:

Projection if I ever saw it.

Yes, forget about the eight years Bush II was in office.  Forget about what he did with a SURPLUS that we had.  Forget about the ridiculous wars he got us into (which, incidentally, the GOP wasn't concerned AT ALL about the national debt then).  Forget about the ruins that he left for other people to clean up.  And while we're at it....Damn Obama to hell for not fixing it all RIGHT NOW!

Although I am pissed that, yet again, the Dems & Obama have NO BALLS!  They should have stood up to this tax bullshit and forced the GOP to either filibuster it or go back to their bankers, oops - I mean backers and explain to the top 2% that they're gonna have to suck it up a little longer.  I'm sure that 2% of the highest earners are really hurting right now!  ::)

I think if democrats could start supporting their local businesses more and not viewing profits as a dirty word the businesses may start to stick around and put more Americans to work.

I do see your point Anne,  but lets move onto the gay issue.  Do you think there is any validity in the comment that Gays are costing the taxpayers more money than heterosexuals?

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
Business Experts Have Explained That Barbara Boxer’s and the Democrat Party’s Job-Killing Policies Are To Blame For Jobs Leaving America:
Job-Killing Policies, Including Higher Corporate Tax Rates And More Regulation, Are To Blame For Companies Outsourcing Labor To Other Countries.
The list of companies who have given up on the United States as a viable place to successfully run their business’ both small, medium and large is mind numbing.

Additional reasons U.S. companies outsource is that our own government pursues policies that drive investment and job creation offshore: excessive taxes, needless regulations, lengthy permit processes, a decreasing supply of U.S. citizens with technical and engineering degrees, and a general governmental misunderstanding of how to support private-sector jobs.

Neither Obama or his current administration have a clue on how to create jobs in the private sector and equally important driving them out of the country.
Link

You can give birth at home in your bathtub instead of going to a hospital, it is much cheaper, but is it wiser?  For that matter, is it morally acceptable to profit from the lack of human rights in less developed nations?  Many companies have moved to China because the common people there are basically slaves who work for pennies an hour and have no rights.  We have taxes and regulation and permit procedures for a reason.  Maybe there would be more U.S. citizens with technical and engineering degrees if the government had the money to provide grants for them to people who otherwise could not afford college.  But of course the government does not have money to do much of anything because the super rich corporations DO NOT PAY TAXES.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »
The Democrats are particularly hypocritical when it comes to this. they almost uniformly promote policies that raise the cost of labor in the US - higher taxes, onerous regulations, card check, and the like. Yet they seem to be flummoxed by the fact that jobs are then being outsourced. Since they can't seem to recognize their fault in it, they blame Republicans - without proof.

Yes, forget about the eight years Bush II was in office.  Forget about what he did with a SURPLUS that we had.  Forget about the ridiculous wars he got us into (which, incidentally, the GOP wasn't concerned AT ALL about the national debt then).  Forget about the ruins that he left for other people to clean up.  And while we're at it....Damn Obama to hell for not fixing it all RIGHT NOW!

Although I am pissed that, yet again, the Dems & Obama have NO BALLS!  They should have stood up to this tax bullshit and forced the GOP to either filibuster it or go back to their bankers, oops - I mean backers and explain to the top 2% that they're gonna have to suck it up a little longer.  I'm sure that 2% of the highest earners are really hurting right now!  ::)

I think if democrats could start supporting their local businesses more and not viewing profits as a dirty word the businesses may start to stick around and put more Americans to work.

I do see your point Anne,  but lets move onto the gay issue.  Do you think there is any validity in the comment that Gays are costing the taxpayers more money than heterosexuals?

It seems to me that gay people have less children, and therefore claim less deductions on their taxes, they also use the public school system less than heterosexuals.  How do you think they cost us money?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Business Experts Have Explained That Barbara Boxer’s and the Democrat Party’s Job-Killing Policies Are To Blame For Jobs Leaving America:
Job-Killing Policies, Including Higher Corporate Tax Rates And More Regulation, Are To Blame For Companies Outsourcing Labor To Other Countries.
The list of companies who have given up on the United States as a viable place to successfully run their business’ both small, medium and large is mind numbing.

Additional reasons U.S. companies outsource is that our own government pursues policies that drive investment and job creation offshore: excessive taxes, needless regulations, lengthy permit processes, a decreasing supply of U.S. citizens with technical and engineering degrees, and a general governmental misunderstanding of how to support private-sector jobs.

Neither Obama or his current administration have a clue on how to create jobs in the private sector and equally important driving them out of the country.
Link

You can give birth at home in your bathtub instead of going to a hospital, it is much cheaper, but is it wiser?  For that matter, is it morally acceptable to profit from the lack of human rights in less developed nations?  Many companies have moved to China because the common people there are basically slaves who work for pennies an hour and have no rights.  We have taxes and regulation and permit procedures for a reason.  Maybe there would be more U.S. citizens with technical and engineering degrees if the government had the money to provide grants for them to people who otherwise could not afford college.  But of course the government does not have money to do much of anything because the super rich corporations DO NOT PAY TAXES.

I agree, we need to figure out incentives to keep companies in the United States and create jobs, spend money on education etc.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »

It seems to me that gay people have less children, and therefore claim less deductions on their taxes, they also use the public school system less than heterosexuals.  How do you think they cost us money?

Less deductions for kids thats a good point.  They probably are a larger burden on our health care system then Heterosexuals.  My guess would be that they would be more educated on average and therefore contribute more to taxes.  But this is just a guess on my part from the gay people I have as acquaintances.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2010, 11:55:21 AM »

Funny but it's only Republicans that I've heard say that Dems feel that way.  I've not heard a single Dem state that.  Ever.  Profits are great, but when the top 2% of the nation holds the vast majority of the wealth, things are a tad bit out of balance.  When Republicans stop seeing anything of a social nature as OMG-GAY AGENDA/SOSHULIZM/WELFARE STATE, we might get somewhere too.

No.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2010, 11:57:01 AM »

Less deductions for kids thats a good point. They probably are a larger burden on our health care system then Heterosexuals.  My guess would be that they would be more educated on average and therefore contribute more to taxes.  But this is just a guess on my part from the gay people I have as acquaintances.

How do you figure that?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »

Less deductions for kids thats a good point. They probably are a larger burden on our health care system then Heterosexuals.  My guess would be that they would be more educated on average and therefore contribute more to taxes.  But this is just a guess on my part from the gay people I have as acquaintances.

How do you figure that?

Some of my thoughts:

Although homophobia has dropped off over the years and continues to do so this puts much more stress on homosexuals particularly when they are young.  They lack support systems and support from family members are targets of violence and feelings of not fitting in.  They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts.  This may manifest itself into a higher rate of depression.  All of these would lead to a higher use of the health care system.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »

How do you figure that?

Some of my thoughts:

Although homophobia has dropped off over the years and continues to do so this puts much more stress on homosexuals particularly when they are young.  They lack support systems and support from family members are targets of violence and feelings of not fitting in.

That's the bullies costing us more, not the gays.  You're blaming the victim.

They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts.  This may manifest itself into a higher rate of depression.  All of these would lead to a higher use of the health care system.

Citation please.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »

Some of my thoughts:

Although homophobia has dropped off over the years and continues to do so this puts much more stress on homosexuals particularly when they are young.  They lack support systems and support from family members are targets of violence and feelings of not fitting in.

That's the bullies costing us more, not the gays.  You're blaming the victim.

I am not blaming anyone Anne.  We could argue that it is the families fault for not supporting them, the bullies fault for bullying them, societies fault for not doing a better job educating the bullies.  The Republicans fault for not supplying the funding for education to educate the bullies etc.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »

They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts.  This may manifest itself into a higher rate of depression.  All of these would lead to a higher use of the health care system.

Citation please.

I dont have a specific link to provide.  These are thoughts I have from various reading on the subject.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
This is totally ridiculous. I work with straight right wing nuts and believe me, they can start their own pharmacy with their various neuroses. I got gay friends who developed such strength of character through the outing process, they have more sanity than any of us.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »

Citation please.

I dont have a specific link to provide.  These are thoughts I have from various reading on the subject.

Then state it as your opinion instead of stating it as fact. "They tend to use drugs and alcohol more often to cope and have higher incidences of suicide and suicide attempts."  requires a citation to support the claim if you're gonna state it  like that.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
This is totally ridiculous. I work with straight right wing nuts and believe me, they can start their own pharmacy with their various neuroses. I got gay friends who developed such strength of character through the outing process, they have more sanity than any of us.

I would have to agree with you there, Samara.  All my acquaintances who are gay seem to have their shit together much more than my straight friends.