Author Topic: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?  (Read 12928 times)

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Why is the GOP so scared of gay people?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
I dunno,that utterly useless brady bill was yet another clintonista fiasco, i dont like the idea that government,no matter which group of idiots is in office,tells me jack shit about whats "best" for me. Dont like that somebodys freedom to express themselves gets the strong-arm quash from anybody......period. I had a co -worker tell me I was "un-patriotic" as Im pretty ceartain that my definition of patriotism and his are pretty far apart, it kinda made me laugh......he was an idiot in many other ways as well.He tried to get in my shit for questioning the almighty president( I believe at the time ,Bush,mk2) I told him that contrary to his bs that in a DEMOCRACY its NEVER ,EVER wrong to question a goddamn thing.Censorship as a whole really chaps my ass,no matter if i like/dislike or agree/disagree with the position or subject of that censorship.
  I mean look what the fuck happened to us,as juveniles....Im not havin it(somebody dictatin a goddamn thing to me ) as an adult. besides it sets a frightening precident.......if you find something so horribly offensive that it threatens to shake your "morals" and or faith ,then id suggest that they wernt shit to start with....really pisses me of when some bored DC hausfrau decides to piss and moan from her ivory tower about moral fiber and shit like that.....Like that nonsensical shit Tipper Gore prattled on and on about back in the 80s,fucking congressional hearings on the lyrical content of twisted fucking sister? puuuullleeesssseee....... What a waste of energy.......im bettin the miller-lites of the world spanked all their little monkeys ever so furiously over that shit.           Once apon a time there was a country called america......and people had freedom of choice...     The banning of books ,art, music or the censorship thereof is tantamount to intelectual tyranny. The second amendment keeps teeth in the will of the people. shits pretty simple to me :nods:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
I dunno,that utterly useless brady bill was yet another clintonista fiasco, i dont like the idea that government,no matter which group of idiots is in office,tells me jack shit about whats "best" for me. Dont like that somebodys freedom to express themselves gets the strong-arm quash from anybody......period. I had a co -worker tell me I was "un-patriotic" as Im pretty ceartain that my definition of patriotism and his are pretty far apart, it kinda made me laugh......he was an idiot in many other ways as well.He tried to get in my shit for questioning the almighty president( I believe at the time ,Bush,mk2) I told him that contrary to his bs that in a DEMOCRACY its NEVER ,EVER wrong to question a goddamn thing.Censorship as a whole really chaps my ass,no matter if i like/dislike or agree/disagree with the position or subject of that censorship.
  I mean look what the fuck happened to us,as juveniles....Im not havin it(somebody dictatin a goddamn thing to me ) as an adult. besides it sets a frightening precident.......if you find something so horribly offensive that it threatens to shake your "morals" and or faith ,then id suggest that they wernt shit to start with....really pisses me of when some bored DC hausfrau decides to piss and moan from her ivory tower about moral fiber and shit like that.....Like that nonsensical shit Tipper Gore prattled on and on about back in the 80s,fucking congressional hearings on the lyrical content of twisted fucking sister? puuuullleeesssseee....... What a waste of energy.......im bettin the miller-lites of the world spanked all their little monkeys ever so furiously over that shit.           Once apon a time there was a country called america......and people had freedom of choice...     The banning of books ,art, music or the censorship thereof is tantamount to intelectual tyranny. The second amendment keeps teeth in the will of the people. shits pretty simple to me :nods:

:tup:
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
Good points seamus.  I am not politically involved right now with the exception of helping some local people.  I get a kick out of those people who are threatened by the Tea Party movement calling them anti- American.  You cant get much more American than forming and participating in a grass roots movement.  There are so many people that just dont get it.  We need to get the Government out of our bedrooms and stop telling us what drugs we can take, weed we can smoke and which doctors to choose.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
 Mead

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
whooter wrote

"I get a kick out of those people who are threatened by the Tea Party "

That's because the tea party is just neo conservatism repackeged for today. Another way to distance themselves from  w bush(but not really). It's still the same old wolf under the lambskin.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I get a kick out of those people who are threatened by the Tea Party movement calling them anti- American.  You cant get much more American than forming and participating in a grass roots movement.
I agree with none-ya. In this particular case, we're talking 'bout KOCH grass here. It's a subspecies of crabgrass.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
lol, I think you made my point.  Always trying to knock down the little group trying to fight city hall.  Why is everyone so threatened by grass roots movement?  This is what our country was built on.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 07:36:55 PM »
Timothy McVie, belonged to a grass roots movement. What to worry?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
If it has a Koch brother as a funder...
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
lol, I think you made my point.  Always trying to knock down the little group trying to fight city hall.  Why is everyone so threatened by grass roots movement?  This is what our country was built on.
"The little group?"  :roflmao:  
"Grass roots movement?"  :roflmao:   :roflmao:

How can it be a "grassroots movement" when it's underwritten by billionaires, and who flagrantly use it to push their own agendas?

From the August 30, 2010, New Yorker article by Jane Mayer, "Covert Operations":

...Five hundred people attended the summit, which served, in part, as a training session for Tea Party activists in Texas. An advertisement cast the event as a populist uprising against vested corporate power. "Today, the voices of average Americans are being drowned out by lobbyists and special interests," it said. "But you can do something about it." The pitch made no mention of its corporate funders. The White House has expressed frustration that such sponsors have largely eluded public notice. David Axelrod, Obama's senior adviser, said, "What they don't say is that, in part, this is a grassroots citizens' movement brought to you by a bunch of oil billionaires."[/list]

More from the same article:

A Republican campaign consultant who has done research on behalf of Charles and David Koch said of the Tea Party, "The Koch brothers gave the money that founded it. It's like they put the seeds in the ground. Then the rainstorm comes, and the frogs come out of the mud—and they're our candidates!"

...Another former Koch adviser said, "They're smart. This right-wing, redneck stuff works for them. They see this as a way to get things done without getting dirty themselves."
      [/list]
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »
      Quote from: "none-ya"

What does that mean?  All people in grass roots movements will blow up buildings?  Our country was built on grass roots movements.  we should be happy that we are getting new people involved in the political process and getting them to vote.  We need to motivate the young people to get interested.  This is the way to do it.
      Why would anyone be against this?  What is so threatening to you?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
      « Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 07:57:29 PM »
      Quote from: "Ursus"
      "The little group?"  :roflmao:  

"Grass roots movement?"  :roflmao:   :roflmao:

From the August 30, 2010, New Yorker article by Jane Mayer, "Covert Operations":

Five hundred people attended the summit, which served, in part, as a training session for Tea Party activists in Texas. An advertisement cast the event as a populist uprising against vested corporate power. "Today, the voices of average Americans are being drowned out by lobbyists and special interests," it said. "But you can do something about it." The pitch made no mention of its corporate funders. The White House has expressed frustration that such sponsors have largely eluded public notice. David Axelrod, Obama's senior adviser, said, "What they don't say is that, in part, this is a grassroots citizens' movement brought to you by a bunch of oil billionaires."[/list]

More from the same article:

A Republican campaign consultant who has done research on behalf of Charles and David Koch said of the Tea Party, "The Koch brothers gave the money that founded it. It's like they put the seeds in the ground. Then the rainstorm comes, and the frogs come out of the mud—and they're our candidates!"

...Another former Koch adviser said, "They're smart. This right-wing, redneck stuff works for them. They see this as a way to get things done without getting dirty themselves."
          [/list]

Thats an old argument Ursus.  You obviously have never been active politically.  Grass roots doesnt mean everyone is on public assistance.  The supporters need money to make signs and organize.  They approach the richest people in town to help contribute and support them.  If they find sponsors then they can grow their movement and get even more people involved.

Then there are people like Ursus that points to the rich man in the back and say "Ah ha!!"  There is the owner of the "Mercantile store" who contributed $18 to pay for all the signs and feed the people for 2 days.  This isnt a grass roots movement at all"...   lol, lets discredit them all!!  Close our ears and not listen to them!!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
          « Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
          Quote from: "none-ya"

That's McVeigh, isn't it?

And didn't pretty much everything McVeigh professed make sense in a sense of separating one's self from the man and all of that, it's just that he went a little overboard toward the end there with the bombing? (That's my limited take on it anyway.)

Anyway what the fuck does all of this really have to do with the GOP and gay people?  :lala:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
          « Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »

Because it wasn't a "little group" nor a "grass roots movement".  It was calculated and financed by the Koch brothers.  We've been over this before.
          traight, St. Pete, early 80s
          AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
          Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Because it wasn't a "little group" nor a "grass roots movement".  It was calculated and financed by the Koch brothers.  We've been over this before.

Link?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
          « Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
          http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010 ... fact_mayer

Covert Operations
          The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.
          by Jane Mayer August 30, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html

Op-Ed Columnist
          The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party
          By FRANK RICH
          Published: August 28, 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... h-brothers

The Tea Party movement: deluded and inspired by billionaires

By funding numerous rightwing organisations, the mega-rich Koch brothers have duped millions into supporting big business

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =129425186

The Brothers Koch: Rich, Political And Playing To Win

http://theweek.com/article/index/206405 ... petmasters

The billionaire Koch brothers: Tea Party puppetmasters?
          The New Yorker makes a case that a pair of wealthy brothers is the force behind the Tea Party movement. Here, 5 key assertions from a new article
          posted on August 24, 2010, at 3:45 PM
          traight, St. Pete, early 80s
          AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
          « Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 12:41:42 PM »
          Hmm...I'll be devil's advocate:

Let's face it -- in the political arena, money is power.. thank God someone with bank funded something sensible for a change!!

Ok...you go.
          :D