Author Topic: ASR Alumni Interview  (Read 14974 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
It's phony, like you.  Her "story" carries as much weight as yours does.  They are both figments of an Aspen marketer's imagination.  Sorry, no offense, but you, after admitting being an Aspen fiduciary and being caught lying so often about your own "story" (fabricated children, mixed up dates, etc, etc, etc), can't be believed on this subject.  And we all know already that Aspen uses false advertising and many Ed Cons no longer will refer to them because of their dishonesty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
It's phony, like you.  Her "story" carries as much weight as yours does.  They are both figments of an Aspen marketer's imagination.  Sorry, no offense, but you, after admitting being an Aspen fiduciary, can't be believed on this subject.  And we all know already that Aspen uses false advertising and many Ed Cons no longer will refer to them because of their dishonesty.

Like I said it is fine, DJ, it is your right to feel it is fake.  But the bottom line is this girl has the right to say what she feels was her experience.  What I typically do is ignore information that I think is fake.  But when I last looked the information is still posted on ASR's web site, so I have to go with that for now.  If more information comes in convincing the rest of us that it is fake I will let you know and post it here.  Lets us know what you find.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Its a survivor story from a girl that attended ASR.  How is that Spam? Why are her words spam but Anne Bonneys words or your words not spam?

Because we actually wrote them and are here to answer any questions regarding our statements.  All you've done is copy/pasted a quote from the marketing arm of Aspen Ed.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »
It's fake and comes from a marketing site that has been called out by its own referring agencies as being dishonest.  I think we all realize Aspen's marketing is false and can't be relied upon.  Same as Whooter's statements.  Proven false so many times that they no longer bear merit going forward.  Does Whooter really expect to convince anyone after his admission he's tied financially to Aspen?  If so, he's not that smart and is wasting everyone's time and the bandwidth of this site as well.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Its a survivor story from a girl that attended ASR.  How is that Spam? Why are her words spam but Anne Bonneys words or your words not spam?

Because we actually wrote them and are here to answer any questions regarding our statements.  All you've done is copy/pasted a quote from the marketing arm of Aspen Ed.

If we investigated the people who attended straight I dont think we would find the name Anne Bonney anywhere on that list or Antigen.  You people could be anyone for all we know.  We just have to decide to believe your stories or not and you need to do the same thing with each other.  You cant discredit her story because you dont know her, you can only decide for yourself not anyone else.  I cant discredit your story because I dont know you, I cant verify your story as fact either.

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
It's fake and comes from a marketing site that has been called out by its own referring agencies as being dishonest.  I think we all realize Aspen's marketing is false and can't be relied upon.  Same as Whooter's statements.  Proven false so many times that they no longer bear merit going forward.  Does Whooter really expect to convince anyone after his admission he's tied financially to Aspen?  If so, he's not that smart and is wasting everyone's time and the bandwidth of this site as well.

This hurdle will have to be overcome for this "interview" to have any credibility.  All I see is a lot of side-stepping and deflections.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2010, 01:17:32 PM »

This hurdle will have to be overcome for this "interview" to have any credibility.  All I see is a lot of side-stepping and deflections.

Then toss it aside,DJ, and dont believe it.  But as hard as you try the article stands.  I will click on the link in a day or two, if you like, to see if anyone has proved it false or not.  But as of now we have to go with the facts as they are written.

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »
I didn't see any facts at all.  All I saw was a marketing bulletin from a company proven to falsely market themselves.  Go find the girl, bring her on here and let her tell the story.  Aspen Ed doesn't deal in facts.  They deal in fiction, especially in the marketing realm.  You made claims about this girl, so you have to prove them, not me.  Nobody puts any stock in your opinions or Aspen's marketing.  You're both very unconvincing.  No offense, but with your reputations, you just can't be relied upon.  Sorry.

I fabricated a son

See what I mean?  lol.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »
I PMed you

Yes, you did, many times.  Thanks for finally getting honest about it.

And...

I was banned for it

Yes, you were.  Finally the truth comes out of the congenital liar. :nods:

See?  That wasn't so hard, now was it?  A little honesty goes a long way if you want to have some credibility.  Glad to see you back in the OFFA where you belong.  Try not to disrupt all of the threads again today with your trolling.

Can't backtrack on something you already admitted, asswipe.  PM me again and see what happens.  Or are you chicken?  Or just a liar?  Or both?  ; )

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
I didn't see any facts at all.  All I saw was a marketing bulletin from a company proven to falsely market themselves.  Go find the girl, bring her on here and let her tell the story.  Aspen Ed doesn't deal in facts.  They deal in fiction, especially in the marketing realm.  You made claims about this girl, so you have to prove them, not me.  Nobody puts any stock in your opinions or Aspen's marketing.  You're both very unconvincing.  No offense, but with your reputations, you just can't be relied upon.  Sorry.

I fabricated a son

See what I mean?  lol.

If you dont believe the girls story then dont believe it.  But as far as I know the interview is still on the web site.  You can take a personal stand to think it isnt real or credible and that is fine.

I think we can all agree that the strength of these forums and web sites is everyone is presented with the same information and can decide for themselves whether they think it is credible or not.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »

Can't backtrack on something you already admitted, asswipe.  PM me again and see what happens.  Or are you chicken?  Or just a liar?  Or both?  ; )

Oh No!  are you going to cry about the dozens of PM's you claim I send you every day?  

lol Sorry DJ,  I just needed to expose you.  When psy mentioned that you would have to start proving the whole PM problem where you claimed I was PMing  (dozens per day that you claim) by allowing him access to your PM's you clammed up.  He told you that you could not photoshop PM's as proof.

So now you start crying that I sent you dozens of PM's a day again and I ask you to provide just 12 in the past year.. any 12 PM's lol and you run off again.  Who will you become now? "Dysfunction Yeoman"?  Why do you always want the readers to feel sorry for you?  Like you are being picked on by Bad Whooter.

I noticed that you interacted with other people today without all of them being attacks and you stuck with one log-in the whole day.  So we know you can do it.  Pick a name, be honest and just interact with the rest of us and tell us how you feel on the various topics.  We can always use another point of view....  and give up your PM infatuation!!!  lol

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »
Quote from: "TheWhooter"
Why are her words spam but Anne Bonneys words or your words not spam?

Well, for one thing a lot of us know each other. Anne used to openly post under her real name, even providing her maiden name in order to find and reconnect with old friends. Lot of us have done that. Over the years a lot of us have become friends. Real live, face to face, in real life parties, memorials and other social connects. Some folks even remember Anne from back in the warehouse in St. Pete. And anyone can look up her father's and lots of other program vets' families in newspaper archives and corporate records. So these stories are verifiable and/or corroborated.

No one's making any money on negative information published about this industry. In fact a fair number of people have spent substantial amounts of their personal money to leak this information. When I did try to run commercial advertising, the only ads that came up were for the industry until word got out among the industry and most blocked their ads from appearing anywhere on fornits.com. So then we only got public service ads and never did make any money, even though our traffic was hitting 300k unique visitors per day. Evidently there is absolutely no commercial value to the content on this site.

It's not only about straight cash, either. We've been sued and threatened with legal action, hacked, fraudulently kicked off of servers, shut down via dubious legal claims, etc. Just like WikiLeaks.org. So what is the incentive to say these things and to stand by them with no compensation and, often, at considerable monetary and personal expense?

Question for ya, Whooter. If I were to go ahead and take your offer on FIOS, can I pay for it in Trident Stripes?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"

Well, for one thing a lot of us know each other. Anne used to openly post under her real name, even providing her maiden name in order to find and reconnect with old friends. Lot of us have done that. Over the years a lot of us have become friends. Real live, face to face, in real life parties, memorials and other social connects. Some folks even remember Anne from back in the warehouse in St. Pete. And anyone can look up her father's and lots of other program vets' families in newspaper archives and corporate records. So these stories are verifiable and/or corroborated.

You guys know each other, but a new reader here doesnt know if your story or Anne Bonney is real or not.  I am sure the girl who was in the ASR interview has friends that could verify her story also.  Because we dont know her personally or her real name doesnt mean her story is spam or untrue.  Almost all the stories on fornits are unverified.

No one's making any money on negative information published about this industry. In fact a fair number of people have spent substantial amounts of their personal money to leak this information. When I did try to run commercial advertising, the only ads that came up were for the industry until word got out among the industry and most blocked their ads from appearing anywhere on fornits.com. So then we only got public service ads and never did make any money, even though our traffic was hitting 300k unique visitors per day. Evidently there is absolutely no commercial value to the content on this site.

It's not only about straight cash, either. We've been sued and threatened with legal action, hacked, fraudulently kicked off of servers, shut down via dubious legal claims, etc. Just like WikiLeaks.org. So what is the incentive to say these things and to stand by them with no compensation and, often, at considerable monetary and personal expense?

I have read the hardships you guys have been through and you held on tight.  I think this site has a knack for surviving.  But if you were making money I dont think you would view yourself as less credible or as spam.  I think many people view marketing as a bad thing.  Everyone markets even your writer friend Maia.

Question for ya, Whooter. If I were to go ahead and take your offer on FIOS, can I pay for it in Trident Stripes?

I have no idea what this means.  I dont remember making any offers on FIOS (which is the telephone I believe you are saying).  But you and I have never spoke over the phone.  I dont know what "Trident Stripes" means.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

However, I vote to leave it to show the lengths that programs will go to in order to quash the truth and up their enrollment.

I vote to leave it in too.  How about a child who didnt do well in a program?  Should we toss those stories out?  They have a reason to embellish the truth a bit to try to discredit the program they were in (maybe knock the whole industry down a little to get even with them).  Should we disregard all stories for 20 years until we are sure the brainwashing has worn off.  Some kids may think they were abused today but 15 years from now they may realize they put their parents thru hell and deserved the placement and what they thought was abuse was really just a highly structured environment they were not use to which helped them survive a tumulus adolescence and get them back on track.

Maybe we should not vote at all, maybe the fair thing to do is accept everyones story and let the individual readers decide which one they feel are credible.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2010, 10:12:13 AM »
Maybe we should not vote at all, maybe the fair thing to do is accept everyones story and let the individual readers decide which one they feel are credible.

But you're not doing that.  You're cherry picking OTHER people's stories, not even your own and picking them from the marketing website for the program.  

When you can speak of what it's like to be trapped inside one of those places for a couple of years, then you can post about your own experience with it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa