Author Topic: ASR Alumni Interview  (Read 15035 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
I would call her "Mary" if I wanted to make allot of money. :D  What about Stacy, Suzy, Rhonda or Brenda?  Mary is a perfect cover name.     :rofl:   Me thinks ASR aren't the only persons who made up a fictitious child!   :roflmao:

So any story on fornits could be made up too.  How many people by the name of Anne Bonney went to Straight?  See what I mean? Does it make the story any less credible?

We both know that everyone is looking for a way to discredit that survivors story.  DJ is saying Costco is too far of a drive for her and therefore the story is false, we have seen people say she was brainwashed, you say her name could be false.  Lots of energy devoted to trying to discredit the story so that you do not have to deal with it.

Its a survivor story.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
Gotcha, you are using the term survivor to further the credibility of a program run by  you "endorse!"    :D

That is your term for a person who passed through a program, not mine.  She survived ASR and has told her story.  She should get as much respect as anyone else, she should not be judged or cast off because she had a different experience than you.

I do like the term survivor, though.  They have survivor t-shirts now for men who survived their wedding day.  It is a growing business.

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I PMed you

Yes, you did, many times.  Thanks for finally getting honest about it.

And...

I was banned for it

Yes, you were.  Finally the truth comes out of the congenital liar. :nods:

See?  That wasn't so hard, now was it?  A little honesty goes a long way if you want to have some credibility.  Glad to see you back in the OFFA where you belong.  Try not to disrupt all of the threads again today with your trolling.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »
ASR has along history of false advertising and storytelling.  Many Ed Cons now will not refer to Aspen programs because of their false and deceptive advertising.  This "interview" is just another work of fiction to try to get heads in beds.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
ASR has along history of false advertising and storytelling.  Many Ed Cons now will not refer to Aspen programs because of their false and deceptive advertising.  This "interview" is just another work of fiction to try to get heads in beds.

Its very possible the same as your story could be fabricated to discredit Aspen.  The main thing is that we all get to express our opinions, allow people to read for themselves and make an informed choice.  I think we can all agree here.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »

Its very possible the same as your story could be fabricated to discredit Aspen.

Even if that were true (which it's not), it's not even close to the same thing.  Aspen is a company, charging people for their services.  DJ is just a guy, trying to tell his story.

The main thing is that we all get to express our opinions, allow people to read for themselves and make an informed choice.  I think we can all agree here.

Stop using "we".  We've talked about this before.  You did well for a while, but it's slipping back in now and then.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Its very possible the same as your story could be fabricated to discredit Aspen.

Even if that were true (which it's not), it's not even close to the same thing.  Aspen is a company, charging people for their services.  DJ is just a guy, trying to tell his story.

The point is that this is a forum where people post their thoughts and ideas.  They post links to studies and news articles.  If you and DJ feel they are false or that you feel you debunked a study then that is fine, you should express this openly.  But you are speaking for yourselves.  I can believe that all the survivors stories are made up or all of them are true or maybe some are false and some are true.  I get to decide this on my own.  If you feel the girls interview is false then dont believe it.  

Aspen has a right to perform interviews with the students that passed through their programs.  If the kids okay it then they can post them for people to see.  Its a first hand account of a survivor who is expressing how they feel and their experiences.  This is completely natural and the great thing is we all get to chose to believe it or not.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

The point is that this is a forum where people post their thoughts and ideas.  They post links to studies and news articles.  If you and DJ feel they are false or that you feel you debunked a study then that is fine, you should express this openly.  But you are speaking for yourselves.  I can believe that all the survivors stories are made up or all of them are true or maybe some are false and some are true.  I get to decide this on my own.  If you feel the girls interview is false then dont believe it.  

Aspen has a right to perform interviews with the students that passed through their programs.  If the kids okay it then they can post them for people to see.  Its a first hand account of a survivor who is expressing how they feel and their experiences.  This is completely natural and the great thing is we all get to chose to believe it or not.

No, the point is that Aspen is using these stories as marketing tools in order to increase their intakes and increase their profits.  DJ is doing no such thing.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 11:03:14 AM »

No, the point is that Aspen is using these stories as marketing tools in order to increase their intakes and increase their profits.  DJ is doing no such thing.

..... why shouldn't they use it in their marketing strategy?  If you owned a bagel company and you had a customer who said things about your bagels you may want to use this in your marketing strategy.  This wouldn't make you evil or anything.  

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »

..... why shouldn't they use it in their marketing strategy?  If you owned a bagel company and you had a customer who said things about your bagels you may want to use this in your marketing strategy.  This wouldn't make you evil or anything.  

"They" can....but you chose to post it here like it was just some random student that decided to come over here and post it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"

Plus it violates the anti-spam policy

How can this violate the anti spam policy?

Because it's an unverified, likely fictitious, page from a program's marketing website. You just copied and pasted an advertisement. How in the world is that not spam? Plus, ss DJ points out above, there is no Costco store located in St. Albans. So that much of the writing is false. What else is false?

It's not as if this person, real or imagined, came here and posted this herself.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 12:06:24 PM »

Because it's an unverified, likely fictitious, page from a program's marketing website. You just copied and pasted an advertisement. How in the world is that not spam? Plus, ss DJ points out above, there is no Costco store located in St. Albans. So that much of the writing is false. What else is false?

It's not as if this person, real or imagined, came here and posted this herself.

Bingo!  That's what I've been trying to say to him (Whooter).  It's not like this person (real or otherwise) decided to come over here herself and post this.  It's a blatant marketing attempt by Whooter, i.e.  :spam:

However, I vote to leave it to show the lengths that programs will go to in order to quash the truth and up their enrollment.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »

Its a survivor story from a girl that attended ASR.  How is that Spam? Why are her words spam but Anne Bonneys words or your words not spam?  Maybe ASR is using the positive feedback as part of their marketing strategy but that is not the girls fault.  If a Ford minivan gets a five start crash test rating then they may use this as part of their marketing strategy.  It doesnt make it spam.

She is living and going to school in Burlington Vermont.  Oh, They have a costco about 3 blocks from UVM campus.

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »

Bingo!  That's what I've been trying to say to him (Whooter).  It's not like this person (real or otherwise) decided to come over here herself and post this.  It's a blatant marketing attempt by Whooter, i.e.  :spam:

However, I vote to leave it to show the lengths that programs will go to in order to quash the truth and up their enrollment.

Yup, yup.  And the fake interview said she worked at Costco for a year before she went to college and was living in St. Albans.  There ain't no Costco there, bud.  I'm there several times year and there is, for sure, no Costco in St. Albans.

She worked full time at Costco for the first year following graduation while exploring college options and considering what she wanted to do. Subsequently she entered the University of Vermont

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 12:56:58 PM »

Yup, yup.  And the fake interview said she worked at Costco for a year before she went to college and was living in St. Albans.  There ain't no Costco there, bud.

St. Albans was where she grew up.  The article didnt say she lived in St. Albans after leaving ASR.  She spent the first year out of ASR working full time at Costco.  She ended up going to UVM where there is a Costco a couple of blocks from campus and continued to work there part-time.

If you want to call a survivors story fake then that is your call, DJ.  I respect your right to view it anyway you like.  But it doesnt change her story or how the rest of the world perceives it.